What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

Ok, so I've never done or seen someone so b12ffmb...why? It just dawned on me that it would be a great mix up...low high overhead when they are expecting low high low. Two bars I know but with all our unclashable damage seems worth it to me.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
If you aren't smart enough to notice the contradiction you made with that post, even with my help with the handy highlights, then please refrain from posting in forums again please. You showed just how scrubby you are in just one post my friend :coffee:
I was speaking of GLs in general sir. Please don't revoke my posting privileges!

Please don't tell my family about you thinking I'm a scrub. I don't know what I'd do..

Ok, so I've never done or seen someone so b12ffmb...why? It just dawned on me that it would be a great mix up...low high overhead when they are expecting low high low. Two bars I know but with all our unclashable damage seems worth it to me.
Hey! Read this!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Hey! Read this!
Two bars of meter is a crazy amount of meter in the grand scheme of things. Off of F3 the best damage you are reliably going to get is anywhere from 30-40%. This isnt that bad except it is for two bars, which you could easily get with a b12d3 combo starter with only 1 bar. So while you may get 30-40% for two bars by saving that extra bar you are looking at 60-80% in the long run.

The only way I would do that is to end the game, which admittedly would be hype and effective.

Also lol at the aquaman HKD comment. have fun getting one of those with his trait. Or doing 50-60% pressure only for him to do the same back in one combo. Or dealing with his mixups that are almost as dangerous as catwoman's. Yeah, that matchup is bad, period. You have to significantly outplay a good Aquaman.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
You sir apparently don't know that one hard knockdown is all she needs to put him in his place.
I gotta disagree with this. I have been on both sides of this mu and imo aquaman is the worst mu for her. First, it is very difficult to get hard knockdown on him and once you do, he is the only char that completely nullifies the mix up you get after. Only aquamans who don't know the mu will lose to catwoman.

I gotta disagree with this. I have been on both sides of this mu and imo aquaman is the worst mu for her. First, it is very difficult to get hard knockdown on him and once you do, he is the only char that completely nullifies the mix up you get after. Only aquamans who don't know the mu will lose to catwoman.
And I have to disagree with this. Aquaman's trait is the thing that gets him out of trouble but catwoman has a plethora of things in her arsenal to nullify that if not make it a liability. I've played many good aquaman players that know the matchup thanks to me and I have to tell you, they would beg to differ about this.

Reactions: SLy

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
And I have to disagree with this. Aquaman's trait is the thing that gets him out of trouble but catwoman has a plethora of things in her arsenal to nullify that if not make it a liability. I've played many good aquaman players that know the matchup thanks to me and I have to tell you, they would beg to differ about this.
Idk she has a lot going against her in the mu. She is basically reduced to max range j2 and hard reads with ex catdash.
She cant punish scoop in any way. She is the only char so far that I have come across that can't get any sort of a punish. This makes aquaman completely in charge bc he can just throw out strings with scoop at the end with no worry leaving him at a range that he can punish anything she can do but retreat.
Her strings and her cat claw have too many hits to them before a launch, making it very easy to react to with trait.
And if she does land a launcher and gets a combo with a hard knockdown, all aquaman has to do is activate trait and block high, eliminating any mix up she would get off of the knockdown.

I would be interested to know how you deal with these bc I am lost.

Two bars of meter is a crazy amount of meter in the grand scheme of things. Off of F3 the best damage you are reliably going to get is anywhere from 30-40%. This isnt that bad except it is for two bars, which you could easily get with a b12d3 combo starter with only 1 bar. So while you may get 30-40% for two bars by saving that extra bar you are looking at 60-80% in the long run.

The only way I would do that is to end the game, which admittedly would be hype and effective.

Also lol at the aquaman HKD comment. have fun getting one of those with his trait. Or doing 50-60% pressure only for him to do the same back in one combo. Or dealing with his mixups that are almost as dangerous as catwoman's. Yeah, that matchup is bad, period. You have to significantly outplay a good Aquaman.
Yeah 2 bars is a fair amount but seriously, who gets hit by the second low in that string? If you block the first low you know the string and know to block the second. But if I do ffmb not only do I get my 30% combo, but I get her hdk set up, AND the next time my opponent sees that string its now a guess to them if I'm going to mb it again. So its a 50/50 to them if I have the meter. Should this be used a lot? No. But on ocassion I think it can be extremely useful.

Think if I've got full meter, and her super sucks, I do it, get 30% end with 1f2 into a j1 now its a 50/50. If I go with b12 now its another 50/50 to them.

Reactions: SLy

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah 2 bars is a fair amount but seriously, who gets hit by the second low in that string? If you block the first low you know the string and know to block the second. But if I do ffmb not only do I get my 30% combo, but I get her hdk set up, AND the next time my opponent sees that string its now a guess to them if I'm going to mb it again. So its a 50/50 to them if I have the meter. Should this be used a lot? No. But on ocassion I think it can be extremely useful.

Think if I've got full meter, and her super sucks, I do it, get 30% end with 1f2 into a j1 now its a 50/50. If I go with b12 now its another 50/50 to them.
Why are you spending two bars? ffmb into j3 into 1f2... chained off a b12 this will be about 34% for a difficult to read 50/50.

Love the idea btw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Pound IC

Noob
please post footage of this or i'm calling bullshit. Aquaman is a terrible matchup for her

otter

Noob
So I've seen two combo videos where people link B2 into B3 but I just can't get it to work. Right now I just do B2xCat DashMB, then B3 which is pretty good anyway but If i can aviod using the meter that would be cool.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Didnt think about if you had full meter. I could see you doing it then.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
It could work, the problem is the very obvious meter cloud fart thing that pops up when you do it, so once somebody sees it they probably won't fall for it again.

Recently I've been doing a lot more 1f2 and 2d2 up close, it feels like it wouldn't work against Tekken players used to recognizing string shit, but plenty of people will have trouble reacting to the difference even if they know what to look for (block low until you see a jab whiff, then try to stand block in time). The former is + on block with zero pushback anyways, and the latter is pretty much safe whether you do the whole string or just cancel the second hit into bf1 so at the worst it's not a bad test.

Also a question for CW mainers, is b3 whiffing right through people after bf1 a character specific thing or does it just happen at close range if your timing is off? I was practicing on Aquaman dummy and it came up a lot, and it's literally never been an issue before then.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
So I've seen two combo videos where people link B2 into B3 but I just can't get it to work. Right now I just do B2xCat DashMB, then B3 which is pretty good anyway but If i can aviod using the meter that would be cool.
It's hard and you have to be next to them when you connect on b2 as far as I can tell. otherwise it becomes too difficult/impossible.

totheark

Shazzy's Senpai
Also a question for CW mainers, is b3 whiffing right through people after bf1 a character specific thing or does it just happen at close range if your timing is off? I was practicing on Aquaman dummy and it came up a lot, and it's literally never been an issue before then.
I've had this happen to me too. I wonder if I'm doing it too early or if its character specific.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Against Aquaman I found you have to delay it very slightly for it to work up close. It's a bit awkward but it's still not too bad, just have to get it down through practice.

Why are you spending two bars? ffmb into j3 into 1f2... chained off a b12 this will be about 34% for a difficult to read 50/50.

Love the idea btw

why am I spending two? Because linking f3 off a chain costs two bars...or am I misunderstanding your question?