What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
What do you guys got for corner combos after cat claws?
I use d2 up whip, 112 cat dash which puts me in the corner then i use a stage bomb to get out and hopefully they tried a reversal so they get hit by it when they wake up. if i dont want to be put in the corner i use straight whip instead of catdash. Also is you wanted you could burn meter when you hit the cat dash and do a stage transition. There is probably better stuff but thats what i use.
delaying catstance after 112 in the corner allows pounce to hit after the last hit of 112. only works in the corner.

Backfire

Noob
just got to say im loving Catwoman. hit confirming her JI2 to CatDash is brilliant for punishing zoners. also loving punishing wake ups with CatDash(MB) it makes a lot of Deathstrokes rage.

LockM

Noob
I've been trying out different characters and to see which one fit my style, at the moment i'm really liking Catwoman, except one thing.
Almost all of here "enders" push the opponent across the screen...something really i don't want. Are there any good alernative enders, i've been using 1f2. Slightly less damage(2% ?) but atleast i can stay in.

Also, and this may seem stupid but when i'm looking at the frame data, i see certain combo attacks like 12 with an hitadvantage of +11. Why can't i combo another attack like d1 after it...it should be possible right.Or is the reason you can't perform links done so there won't be any infinites?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I've been trying out different characters and to see which one fit my style, at the moment i'm really liking Catwoman, except one thing.
Almost all of here "enders" push the opponent across the screen...something really i don't want. Are there any good alernative enders, i've been using 1f2. Slightly less damage(2% ?) but atleast i can stay in.

Also, and this may seem stupid but when i'm looking at the frame data, i see certain combo attacks like 12 with an hitadvantage of +11. Why can't i combo another attack like d1 after it...it should be possible right.Or is the reason you can't perform links done so there won't be any infinites?
If you do 1,F+2 to end a combo you ground the opponent and can keep on them while sacrificing some damage. If you've launched them with B+3 or F+3 you can end combos with an meter-burned Cat Dash, then use F+3 to keep on them again for a more damaging option :)

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see 1f2 in your initial post, but yeah, it's annoying how she needs to stay on them, yet all of her attacks push them across the screen.

combos http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/optimal-midscreen-catwoman-bnbs.31417/
yeh 1f2 is a good ender.

yeh, probably so there wont be infinites. But in mk9 Kratos had an infinite where he dash canceled a special after a string over and over. So it might be that you need to cancel into a special in order for the game to register it as a combo. Also some of the frame data is wrong but I'm not sure about 12.

LockM

Noob
I had a look at meterbuilding as it seems Catwoman is pretty meter reliant. All Catwoman her specials need to whiff 13 times to fill op a bar, so obviousely the best way is using the special with the fastest startup and fewest recovery frames....and surprise suprise. Her low/high evade are her fastest ways to build meter, problem is you can only whiff with this move. Both on hit and block her whip is her best special for builing meter, you'll need 6 of them, but you'll only get them once in a combo, they are safe on block though.

Anyway quick overview:

Straight Whip Whiff:13 Hit:6
Upward Whip Whiff:13 Hit:6
Cat Claws Whiff:13 Hit:7
Cat Dash Whiff:13 Hit:8
Pounce Whiff:- Hit:9
f3 Whiff:- Hit:9
b3 Whiff:- Hit:11

A mix of evades and to keep her forward space occupied some upward and straight whips seem the best option.
Again the problem is, so many characters have projectiles an they build meter on whiff...but also more on block/hit....
Also her b3 and f3 don't build alot of meter either, even fewer than her specials and alot of her combos use them.

Overall when you get a jumpin you'll almost fill a bar with two combos.
Anyway all of this is basically common knowlegde/pretty logical i guess but still good to have it out there.
Conclusion: stay in their face and don't let up haha.

Hello! I Just got the game and I was really looking forward to Catwoman and turns out shes great! But I have no idea what her traits do when its maxed, or how to do any really good combos. I would appreciate some pointers! Thanks .

Hello! I Just got the game and I was really looking forward to Catwoman and turns out shes great! But I have no idea what her traits do when its maxed, or how to do any really good combos. I would appreciate some pointers! Thanks .
Combos http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/optimal-midscreen-catwoman-bnbs.31417/

Catwoman has 5 levels to her trait. With every level it increase the amount of damage the trait does. At 5 or the max it does the greatest amount of damage. She builds it up through random hits or parrying an attack. It is usually best used as a wake up attack since it is fully invincible and is 1 button so you don't have to worry about them crossing up your inputs. Glad there is more Catwoman players!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How come you spend meter on your hard knockdown setups? Like when you do string cat claws b3 j3 112 cat dash MB d+f3 instead of string cat claws b3 j3 1f2. Usually the difference is 3% like when the string is 33 or b12d3. Or 5% if you f3 instead of d+f3. Is whip trip a better knockdown? Ik it leaves you closer so maybe you can get a jumping cross up setup. Does meter build up quick enough in this game to spend it like that for 3-5 percent more?

Sorry for this late reply I missed this post.

Good question and there is no good, strategic answer I'm afraid lol. In development damage can change often. For a long time doing those combos was worth the meter. Now they're not. At the time I was so used to those combos being my BNB I kept doing them. I have since started mostly ending in 1,f+2 without using a bar of meter. Good catch.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Anyone been ending combos with 122? It does only 1-2% damage less on your bnb, is an untechable knockdown and leaves your opponent at your feet in range to do 33 (which stuffs a lot of wake ups), b2 (overhead) or b1 (low) or you can cross over j1.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You guys see the new Catwoman costume in the Bad Girls DLC pack coming out tomorrow? It's the early 2000's Ed Brubaker era look. One of my favorite costumes.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
My god she is fucking frustrating to use in lag, it's like all of her strings are fast and require fast input(which I don't mind, speed is good) but that is completely fucked in lag, shit either doesn't come out or it doesn't cancel properly consistently, or whatever.

Of all the characters i've tried out so far excluding my mains she is one that gets fucked by lag.

Maybe it's just me, it's probably just me.

I'm not giving up on her though.

All her other skins are great so it's not really a big concern but I'm not digging the new Catwoman look.

The new Catwoman alt makes her hair look like Zuul from Ghostbusters.

Kind of wish Catwoman's look more closely resembled one of the maskless ones below instead:

Not to get off the topic so much but what's up with guys maining female characters? Something's wrong with a dude if he exclusively mains a female character like for example: Catwoman. I dunno.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Catwoman is cool she's a cool character. Even cooler when a girl or woman is maining her! I'm just asking why a guy would choose a woman character to be exclusive main. Strange.

Not all of us are sexist and hung up on childish notions of super strict gender roles or whatever your issue is.

Can a white guy main Cyborg? Should I play Rufus in SF4?

Not all of us are sexist and hung up on childish notions of super strict gender roles or whatever your issue is.

I think when a guy exclusively mains female characters there may be three reasons for that condition:
1) No father figure growing up.
2) Raised by two mothers.
3) A subconscious deep-rooted desire to be a woman and so exclusively maining a female character in some fantasy-way satisfies that desire to play as a woman.

I think you fall under that category. Maybe even you may have low testosterone levels. See your doctor.

I bet you wish your scrotum would fold inwards making you feel more like a Kitana? And BTW, Cyborg is a guy so that example is as dumb as your beard.