What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Ya I wasn't meaning to blow you up, it's a weird move. People that don't play Selina often seem to think it's like Kabal's EX Dash and you can just blow through projectiles on reaction.
What I find the most strange about Catdash is punishing it. It seems like, if done screen-to-screen it has different properties than at other points on the screen.

Why is this so(if it is)?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Oh and the other weird part about MB Cat Dash is it's safe depending on range. From absolute full screen it's safe. Even Flash cannot reversal lightning uppercut punish. The closer she is the easier it is to punish. So it's tricky. Like Batman can d+1 or d+2 punish from right outside full screen but if you misjudge the range or mistime the punish she can mess him up. Slightly closer and he gets a b+1 punish. You gotta know the ranges and punishes well, especially in a mu like this were she's going to want to use it to get past Batarangs.

Funny. I recently started thinking about the same thing. I can't help with editing, but I think I came up with some good anti WW wakeup tech that I haven't seen before. I didn't want to post it before exploring it a little bit more, but as far as I can tell it's legit. In any case go to the lab and test it; i'll be glad if someone can either confirm or dismiss this stuff:

WW's only "true" wakeup with invincibility seems to be her lasso spin. What you can do is:
- dash in after 1f2, and go into catstance immediately. Her lasso spin will whiff due to CW's low hitbox while in catstance, and you can launch her with 1 (cartwheel) and b3 into a combo of choice.
- you can chose to end a combo with 112, and cancel into catstance 3 after the last hit of 112. The pounce will whiff, but you'll land directly near the grounded opponent (it's not a hard knockdown though) and can again go into catstance 1 to punish WW's wakeup attempt.

Other WW wakeups:
- catstance 1 can basically stuff all of WW's wakeups, though the timing varies
- catstance itself lowers CW enough to avoid WW's wakeups except amazonian uppercut
- to stuff all wakeups you have to end your combo with 1f2. Ending with 112 does not give you enough time to punish WWs amazonian uppercut on wakeup (also CW's hitbox will not be low enough to avoid getting hit)
- all of WW's wakeups, except the lasso spin, can be stuffed with standing 3 (33b2 -> b3 ...). Someone made a thread about how to stuff wakeups with standing 3.
- in case WW blocks you have frame advantage after catstance 1. Pokes will be stuffed when timed correctly.
Or you could just hold a back 3 and low profile all of her wake ups to the point where you get to stuff her at will without having to rely on cat stance possibly failing without a contingency option (like using a bar of meter to give armor to the B3 pending any NRS moments that send you flying on a good read on your part)

That's why I think that the MU swings in CW's favor most of the time against WW: She can keep her grounded and guessing with reads that make her reversal game useless. That tip is also just the tip of the iceberg in that MU as well.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't understand why you wouldn't just block if you read WW is going to do Lasso Spin as a wakeup. The read and the reward are exactly the same. Either you go for a 50/50 if you read no wakeup or you respect Lasso Spin and don't. I also don't see why that'd make WW's wakeup game useless. Lasso Spin forces you to stop your regular offense and take measures to blow it up. That's a useful wakeup. It's not any different than what WW does to CW when she knocks her down. In fact it's better since CW needs trait to have an invincible wakeup.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So, I need more Catwoman experience. After playing against a few online, I realize that I have a lot to learn regarding this match-up.

So I'm asking any PSN Catwoman mains to play me.

In return, I can offer Batman and Deathstroke experience.

Add: Rude_39

macro

Eezeepeezee
Hey guy's how do you do low whip? Because i'm making a guide for Nightwing and i need to test some stuff out.
Edit nevermind i found it :confused:

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Getting back into injustice and was wondering what are the best corner combos to use
Check out my thread on page 2 of the CW forum. It's called CW corner combos revisited. Needs to be bumped tbh. There you will find the best way to structure full combos in the corner. But her corner game in general is a whole other animal by itself. Pm me if you have any questions.

Carlos Toxic_Nut Rodney

Shuffle_Jigzaw
So, I need more Catwoman experience. After playing against a few online, I realize that I have a lot to learn regarding this match-up.

So I'm asking any PSN Catwoman mains to play me.

In return, I can offer Batman and Deathstroke experience.

Add: Rude_39

my nigga let me tell you bout how i need that handsome cry baby and that sword flippin pop poppin manic exp. i aint played in a while since X came out ( been grinding with the homies learning stuff) but ill help with what i can. psn: narutoking614