What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

JJParker

Noob
What do you guys got for corner combos after cat claws?
I use d2 up whip, 112 cat dash which puts me in the corner then i use a stage bomb to get out and hopefully they tried a reversal so they get hit by it when they wake up. if i dont want to be put in the corner i use straight whip instead of catdash. Also is you wanted you could burn meter when you hit the cat dash and do a stage transition. There is probably better stuff but thats what i use.

Black Knife

AKA Blank
It's not correct. It's a multi hitting special move so the frame data is misleading.

Catwomen, I know hitting b+3 after Cat Claws can be hard, I still mess it up sometimes too, but you gotta practice it because Cat Dash is punishable. I don't know if people online have started to yet but sooner or later all blocked Cat Dashes will be blown up. Might as well start mastering Cat Claws b+3 now.
Truth. I've been doing Cat Claws since day 2 and it feels a LOT better. It's so much safer than the dash and does 1 or 2% more in a long combo. I still drop the b3 after it sometimes but not very much, and in a few more days I doubt it'll be a problem at all.

I find that Cat Dash is good if you're near a transition, though, since you can pick which side she ends up on and send them through for a good chunk of damage. I need to learn how much damage each one does because some aren't worth it, but some do as much damage as a B&B for less effort and against most characters she's not too bad position-wise afterward since she can do a meaty df3 or j2 and keep up the pressure.

What do you guys got for corner combos after cat claws?
Also if you're in the corner in general I find Claws into b3 is EXTREMELY difficult in the corner, but Dash into b3 for the same combo is pretty simple there. If I go on autopilot and do Claws by mistake, I'll usually do j1 and then either 112 dd3 3, 112 trait, or 1f2 depending on what I need out of the combo.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Ok, so I think the frame data for Catwoman's Cat Claws is very wrong. I was playing around with her punishes and noticed that Green Lantern couldn't punish the claws on block, but could punish cat dash easily. That's odd, because the frame data lists them both at -14. Going further, I picked Lex, had Catwoman set to block automatically and again her claws weren't punishable (not even by his 6 frame Corp Charge) but her dash was.

It makes me wonder exactly how negative she is on block?

EDIT: Ok, I tested it a little more. It looks (to me) like it's around -6 on block, and because of the pushback on Cat Claws very few characters would be able to punish it with a 6 frame jab. Safe launcher ftw :D

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
It's not correct. It's a multi hitting special move so the frame data is misleading.

Catwomen, I know hitting b+3 after Cat Claws can be hard, I still mess it up sometimes too, but you gotta practice it because Cat Dash is punishable. I don't know if people online have started to yet but sooner or later all blocked Cat Dashes will be blown up. Might as well start mastering Cat Claws b+3 now.
I don't find it hard at all. Get on my level brah!

I played as Catwoman last night at GGA. Here are some matches.

Probably the most notable thing about these matches is the punishing whiffed jump ins with d+1~cat claws like i've been saying.
How come you spend meter on your hard knockdown setups? Like when you do string cat claws b3 j3 112 cat dash MB d+f3 instead of string cat claws b3 j3 1f2. Usually the difference is 3% like when the string is 33 or b12d3. Or 5% if you f3 instead of d+f3. Is whip trip a better knockdown? Ik it leaves you closer so maybe you can get a jumping cross up setup. Does meter build up quick enough in this game to spend it like that for 3-5 percent more?

xWildx

Something I realized in training today: Catwoman can do her d/f+3 whip trip from crouch without standing back up. That means if you duck a projectile from anywhere midscreen you can punish for free with d/f+3 at no risk because the attack will connect during their recovery frames or during the active frames of the move itself ^_^

Black Knife

AKA Blank
She also crouches for a little bit just before she does it. You can react to certain projectiles and punish with it from standing. Same with b3 and you can get a combo off of that one.

Here's a question I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but I want to make completely sure: Evade can't avoid unblockables, right? Things like Doomsday's meteor smash and interactables. I've never been able to do it, but I want to be 100% certain whether it's impossible or I just need better timing.

xWildx

She also crouches for a little bit just before she does it. You can react to certain projectiles and punish with it from standing. Same with b3 and you can get a combo off of that one.

Here's a question I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but I want to make completely sure: Evade can't avoid unblockables, right? Things like Doomsday's meteor smash and interactables. I've never been able to do it, but I want to be 100% certain whether it's impossible or I just need better timing.
I'm pretty sure it can't. And the beauty of doing the d/f+3 from crouch is that you don't have to do it on reaction or anticipation. If you duck the attack and see it going over your head it'll hit during recovery frames for most projectiles. This means anyone will have to change up their game with Catwoman midscreen, no safe projectiles, and open themselves up with potentially more punishable attacks.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Catwoman Tip#2: In the Hall of Justice stage, if a gadget character activates the small robot, she can regular dash right through it and not get hit.

If anyone is interested in these tips, just follow me on Twitter @EGP_Krayzie, I have plenty more. :)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I don't feel like searching through this whole thread so prepare your caps lock keys if this IS ALREADY KNOWN INFORMATION!

I found a hidden move with catwoman. low whip - Input: bd3

xWildx

Maybe... I was super tired when playing the game and just recalled it now. Possible I was tarding with inputs.
I think so, it's just a standard normal haha. It's hella negative on block though, so be careful with it.

What are the frames on Cat Stance 2? I'm guessing it's safe and its basically terrifying for keeping people cornered. They can't do anything non-armored and not get hit and the range is fantastic.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
What are the frames on Cat Stance 2? I'm guessing it's safe and its basically terrifying for keeping people cornered. They can't do anything non-armored and not get hit and the range is fantastic.
0 frames to go into Cat Stance, 10 frames for 2.

xWildx

I just realized today that Catwoman can backbend to dodge Superman's ground eye-laser. I just assumed she couldn't because of how it traveled haha, this is cool to use if they do the air version because you can dash up as they're falling back down.