What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

TONY-T

Mad scientist
What punish are we using here? 132 can punish rising grab if you duck it for 35% I believe.
Your right! just tested the rising grab into 132 punish as he lands. Timing is so strict though. 33% meterless.

My Alternative puinish that ive been using is....

d2, b3, uf3, 323, 12~df3.... 28%

Basically you duck the rising grab, then hit him while he is in the air with the d2 into combo.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Since we're talking about punishes, should we have a list of what Quick fire can punish anywhere on block?

I know of so far (and some I think):
Aquaman's down trident
Sinestro's asteroid
Raven's soul crush
Batman's Batarang?
Deathstroke's low shots and quick fire

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Since we're talking about punishes, should we have a list of what Quick fire can punish anywhere on block?

Aquaman's down trident
Sinestro's asteroid
Raven's soul crush
Batman's Batarang?
Batman's Batarang is safe.

Deathstroke's Low Shots are safe against Quick Fire.

Deathstroke's Quick Fire is only punishable at mid range, but this move should rarely be used in the mirror match.

Everything that appears from the ground is punishable aside from Grundy's swamp hands and Nightwing's ground blast (staff).

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

Aquaman's down trident
Sinestro's asteroid
Raven's soul crush
Batman's Batarang?
In brightest day
In blackest night
blah blah blah blah
GREEN LANTERN'S MIGHT!

Coddfish

Noob
I think a list of range punishes is a good idea.

I'm pretty sure Batman's grappling hook is punishable from fullscreen with Quick Shot, but I'll check this and some other stuff later.

Sadly, all of Superman's lasers are safe. The DB3 laser is even sometimes if you Low Shot under it and make it whiff completely, unless you do it really early :(

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I think a list of range punishes is a good idea.

I'm pretty sure Batman's grappling hook is punishable from fullscreen with Quick Shot, but I'll check this and some other stuff later.

Sadly, all of Superman's lasers are safe. The DB3 laser is even sometimes if you Low Shot under it and make it whiff completely, unless you do it really early :(
You sure about that? I'm almost certain "dodging" any projectiles with low shots results in a positive trade for Slade. That's really dumb if it's THAT fast on recovery.

Oh and I do believe Sinestro's shackles can be punished by guns too. I could do some testing, but a lot of the important ones have been covered I think. Anything that sort of appears on you should be punishable barring ground sparks and swamp hands. I would think that most standard full screen projectiles wouldnt be punishable on block, but there's a LOT of them that DS can dodge with the low stance he takes for low shots.

Coddfish

Noob
From what I could find playing around with it, it depends on the timing. You can punish the Heat Ray by going under it with a Low Shot if you react quickly enough, but doing it too slowly would see me duck the laser but get my low shots blocked. I was testing it in training mode by setting the dummy to reversal Heat Ray, so I knew when it was coming - I'm not sure how reliably you would be able to punish it on reaction in a match, especially considering that both Supes' grounded eye lasers have similar (or even identical?) startup animations prior to the laser actually coming out.

Of course, this isn't really terrible, you still get some free block damage that Superman can't punish, but a punish would be nicer.

Redfield

Gangie
You sure about that? I'm almost certain "dodging" any projectiles with low shots results in a positive trade for Slade. That's really dumb if it's THAT fast on recovery.

Oh and I do believe Sinestro's shackles can be punished by guns too.
Superman's Heat Vision can be ducked under with Low Shot which is generally fine for Deathstroke, but it can actually be positive for Superman if Low Shot is activated to duck under his projectile fairly late from full screen. He can't jump it, but he can block it.

Sinestro's shackles are completely punishable by Quick Shot and Low Shot from any distance.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i actually went through the entire cast and set all characters to use their special moves to see what was punishable. i recorded it all too lol. id upload it but its like 23 mins long and a few of the punishes need updating.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
i actually went through the entire cast and set all characters to use their special moves to see what was punishable. i recorded it all too lol. id upload it but its like 23 mins long and a few of the punishes need updating.
I'm sure most of us watched Aris' 50+ minute Deathstroke tutorial

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Some temporarily match up numbers from my experience versus the currently perceived ten top characters of the game.

Deathstroke vs.

Aquaman 5:5
Batman 5:5
Black Adam 5:5
Doomsday 5:5
Green Lantern 6:4
Grundy 6:4
Killer Frost 6:4
Nightwing 4:6
Superman 4:6
Wonder Woman 5:5

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Some temporarily match up numbers from my experience versus the currently perceived ten top characters of the game.

Deathstroke vs.

Aquaman 5:5
Batman 5:5
Black Adam 5:5
Doomsday 5:5
Green Lantern 6:4
Grundy 6:4
Killer Frost 6:4
Nightwing 4:6
Superman 4:6
Wonder Woman 5:5
This looks pretty good, but I think Grundy and GL could possily be 6.5-3.5. Grundy is just so darn easy to zone, and GL can't do much about guns either.

Im a bit curious about KF though. I thought that one was even. Care to enlighten me?
Is her iceberg shootable on block?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Im a bit curious about KF though. I thought that one was even. Care to enlighten me?
Is her iceberg shootable on block?
Iceberg can be punished with Quick Shots anywhere on the screen. Low Shots fire under Ice Daggers. She cannot threaten Deathstroke full screen in any way, shape, or form.

Low Shots obviously stop the slide. If she approaches you from the air, sword flip beats all options.

d+1 xx d,b+3 checks the slide and cannot be parried. She can still backdash. She can jump away sometimes depending how close the slide gets blocked. Nonetheless, every time she backtracks Deathstroke regains the advantage.

Deathstroke has a very good jump back 3. It whiff punishes the slide and allows you to follow up with 3,2,3 f+2,3 xx sword flip.

I have to warn Deathstroke players to be careful when you fire Low Shots on wake up. Slide has full invincibility frames on the slide and it reaches farther than you think. I recommend backdashing and then firing.

Other than wake up slide, I think Deathstroke controls the match up very well. He is well-equipped to fight her.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Chart finally updated with preliminary MU numbers. First post had all icons removed since I wanted to see if it'd look nicer. Comment with thoughts whether I should add them back or remove all, please and thank you.

DS beating GL??? no way, that matchup has to be 5 5, close to GL's favor actually. Fullscreen DS will blow him up, but once GL is in distance for his levitation, guns are useless bcuz levitation is 10 frames and can punish guns. Also GL wins the footsies battle as well bcuz of his b1. DS will have to land some jumping 3s and his b2/b1 to get GL off of him. But at the right distance, levitation is a very dangerous threat that definitely proves a problem for DS.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
DS beating GL??? no way, that matchup has to be 5 5, close to GL's favor actually. Fullscreen DS will blow him up, but once GL is in distance for his levitation, guns are useless bcuz levitation is 10 frames and can punish guns. Also GL wins the footsies battle as well bcuz of his b1. DS will have to land some jumping 3s and his b2/b1 to get GL off of him. But at the right distance, levitation is a very dangerous threat that definitely proves a problem for DS.
You almost have to be in Deathstroke's face to reversal punish Low Shots with Lift. A Deathstroke player has no business doing any projectiles at such a close range.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
The same applies to both of them. If DS uses guns that close (he shouldnt), then GL levitates him for a small amount of damage or MBs it for a large amount. However, if GL uses might grab that close and DS blocks it, that's a free gun shot there.

He never needs to get in either. DS will zone the hell out of him. Turbines are pointless against approaching DS, and so is the air dash. The missiles are just outclassed in the zoning war.

Up close, GLs B1 is good, but it doesn't make the matchup. At the range it starts at, it's easy enough to block low and see coming. I mean, what other move are they going to throw out at a character length away? After that, the footsies game is pretty much over since GL is RIGHT in DS's face, open to his F23 and other safe strings.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
GL's b1 isn't reactable, which forces you to crouch block on anticipation. This opens up his ability to b3 and set up some quick pressure at +7 if blocked. It doesn't make the match, but GL is more than just doing that all the time.

Also, while DS does get a gun punish, he doesn't get anything more than 12% at the most on a blocked lift from range. Which is more than most, but is that truly gonna stop me from checking you?

Matchup is in DS's favor slightly, though. The same dash traps that work on Lex work on GL, but GL having and air projectile and a footsies game that keeps up with DS's helps a lot.

You almost have to be in Deathstroke's face to reversal punish Low Shots with Lift. A Deathstroke player has no business doing any projectiles at such a close range.
you also forget that GL has a fairly good rushdown game as well and if he corners DS, he will be in trouble because he won't be able to jump without taking the risk of getting levitated. DS is not going to beat him in the footsies game bcuz b1 is 9 frames and is faster than DS's normal that he utilizes in footsies such as his b1. You can try and land a grab or get out the corner with a jump 3 and etc., but it definitely won't be easy. My bro plays GL well and we go back and forth, I can't manage to keep a complete advantage in the matchup.

GL's b1 isn't reactable, which forces you to crouch block on anticipation. This opens up his ability to b3 and set up some quick pressure at +7 if blocked. It doesn't make the match, but GL is more than just doing that all the time.

Also, while DS does get a gun punish, he doesn't get anything more than 12% at the most on a blocked lift from range. Which is more than most, but is that truly gonna stop me from checking you?

Matchup is in DS's favor slightly, though. The same dash traps that work on Lex work on GL, but GL having and air projectile and a footsies game that keeps up with DS's helps a lot.
I got to disagree with ya man, I've played this matchup so many times, and GL has plenty of options to utilize once he gets in the right distance. Also GL's corner game is no joke and he can keep ppl in the corner fairly easily because if they jump, levitation to full combo. Also GL can end all his strings in chaingun to keep DS from being able to have a free way out.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Very nice write up, Karaoke. I've played with you enough to know that this is pretty damn accurate, however I think 7-3 is a little harsh. MAYBE I'll give you 6-4 in supes favor, but honestly I think this is one of Supermans harder matchups(that's not saying much though :p he is a beast). Deathstroke is one of the only characters that Superman absolutely cannot beat in a ranged battle. Superman is usually able to get a decent chunk of health off his opponent and lure them in. With DS you are forced to rush him down which eliminates a big part about what makes Superman so great. All of DS's combos put Superman back to full screen where he can continue the zoning game.
Do you mind if i add u?

Id like to play your superman today