What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Got in a good 4 or so hours with THTB Lantern yesterday. Right now we're thinking it's a 5/5; just comes down to who can make the most correct reads. Lantern doesn't really have many options from full screen, but he's going to get in eventually. When he gets in, DS doesn't really have an answer to his safe low-starting string. GS can also counterzone pretty effectively from about half-screen. Wake-up Lantern's Might also stuffs any offense, including an Armored f3 or f3. The 2 moves will simply go through each other.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Aquaman was pissing me off. I went into training mode, found out some stuff

Trident thrust attack:
Jumping is a little risky because of how the trident thrust hit boxes work (some are angled and act as anti airs). Blocking it leaves him at advantage (puts you in stagger state), so you want to stay just outside of it's reach (roughly 3 character spaces away) and AR for max damage should he whiff it.

From the depths (ground poke):
This is a right tricky bastard to deal with. It tracks for ages; beats AR (takes too long to start up); trades with gun shot (both variations) in his favour; 8% on hit (2% on chip) and causes knockdown (all of Aquaman's knockdowns set him up for anothert 'From the depths' special). Fortunately, you can avoid it completely by instant air gun shot, causing 2% and building meter at the same time. If he has knocked you down with it, crouch block to avoid the next one.

Trident throw:
By itself it's not a problem, since you can low gun shot, jump,sword flip etc on reaction (and not lose any health in the process). The problem lies after he knocks you down with this - it allows him to set up from the depths.

Sea shield (or w.e the hell it's called)
He has to hold the button down for it to cover him and continue for the duration of the move - he can't do anything else whilst it's up. Dash in, throw his bitch-ass and reset spacing game.

Aquaman has a lot of overheads with extremely good reach. It's in your best interest to keep him outside of trident thrust range, and just react to whatever he does accordingly. If he does ground poke, IAGS and bait him on wake up. If he whiffs trident thrust, AR. Trident throw, low gunshot/sword flip on reaction.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Pakman

Ground trident (From the deep) is punishable by standing gunshot on block. Shouldn't be a concern for DS as the chip isnt that much and gives you a free punish.
I could have sworn you had to crouch block it? 'Cus when I did it in training mode, it would beat stand blocking...(unless I was accidentally hitting a button at the same time...)

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I could have sworn you had to crouch block it? 'Cus when I did it in training mode, it would beat stand blocking...(unless I was accidentally hitting a button at the same time...)
You do crouch-block it. You then do Standing Gun Shot to punish. I would assume Low Gunshot could punish as well, since they're both 10-frames.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I honestly think people are giving Deathstroke too many bad matchups in their mind. They seem to believe that if a character can get in on DS or outzone him, it's isntantly a bad matchup. DS is actually not so bad up close. His 50/50 mixup game is pretty good, his F23 is a nice counter poke, he's got excellent range on his sword attacks and F3, and his combos do really good damage.

DS can make his money up close if he gets closed in on, and can find his way in on zoners like Black Adam and Raven if need be. I'm not saying those characters are instantly good matchups, but I don't think we can straight up make the assumption that they're bad matchups so soon. DS is versatile like that.

Espio

Kokomo
Feeling masochistic? ;_;
I actually don't think it's too bad....I've barely fought any Deathstrokes(weird considering the circumstances), only two in fact and one of them was when I was playing Raven and hadn't bothered learning Hawkgirl.

At the very least she isn't forced to deal constantly with his his zoning mix ups due to her air mobility, but he probably wins the match up I'd say :).

I fought against DS plenty with Cyborg and its extremely early to tell but right now I think they go 5-5 with each other. Expect a lot of trades with GS and Cyborgs FB lol. I think DS has some good ways to counter/negate Cyborg's grapple. DS GS hit multiple times so they knock Cyborg out of it on startup, and sword flip can be thrown out if he manages to grapple towards DS. Ofcourse, as with any match up, he who makes better use of his meter will have the advantage. DS can lock down Cyborg with the meter advantage and vice versa. This is why I say be ready for some projectile trades, as both characters will be trying to gain meter. I still have to explore the close quarters match up, but right now I feel they go pretty even there as well.

I don't wanna start with the numbers yet but I think Grundy, Harley, Joker, Lex, Sinestro and Hawkgirl are in Deathstroke's favour.

Exblackman

Zoning since fighting games began.
I feel that catwoman is bad matchup for Deathstoke in general. She has so many tools to get in, than when she does gets in your face she can counter poke anything you throw at her.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Does anyone have any advice on the Black Adam MU? He seems to have an answer for anything DS can do, and a single blocked Sword Flip leads to upwards of 50% damage. Even if I do land a Sword Flip, or any combo, I can't maintain pressure because of his Lighting Cage, that even catches cross-overs. Any advice from anyone who has fought a decent BA would be appreciated.