What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

The same applies to both of them. If DS uses guns that close (he shouldnt), then GL levitates him for a small amount of damage or MBs it for a large amount. However, if GL uses might grab that close and DS blocks it, that's a free gun shot there.

He never needs to get in either. DS will zone the hell out of him. Turbines are pointless against approaching DS, and so is the air dash. The missiles are just outclassed in the zoning war.

Up close, GLs B1 is good, but it doesn't make the matchup. At the range it starts at, it's easy enough to block low and see coming. I mean, what other move are they going to throw out at a character length away? After that, the footsies game is pretty much over since GL is RIGHT in DS's face, open to his F23 and other safe strings.
DS will only be able to zone him out for so long, one big reason DS can keep out GL is bcuz of interactables, those make GL have to worry about his guns and interactables as well. But DS's guns don't do that much chip, so if GL isn't impatient, he'll get a chance to exchange blows or corner up DS. DS zones ppl like shazam easily, GL is another story. F23 is too slow , GL's d1 will beat that out easily if he is in DS's face, also GL's standing 2 will come into play and if he ends string in B1,3 to chain gun, if you try and jump or do a hit, he can either check you with levitation when you jump or B1 if you try to hit. Also DS's wakeups are not that great, so he has to be very careful if GL knocks him down as well.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You sure about that? I'm almost certain "dodging" any projectiles with low shots results in a positive trade for Slade. That's really dumb if it's THAT fast on recovery.

Oh and I do believe Sinestro's shackles can be punished by guns too. I could do some testing, but a lot of the important ones have been covered I think. Anything that sort of appears on you should be punishable barring ground sparks and swamp hands. I would think that most standard full screen projectiles wouldnt be punishable on block, but there's a LOT of them that DS can dodge with the low stance he takes for low shots.
Superman's Heat Vision can be ducked under with Low Shot which is generally fine for Deathstroke, but it can actually be positive for Superman if Low Shot is activated to duck under his projectile fairly late from full screen. He can't jump it, but he can block it.

Sinestro's shackles are completely punishable by Quick Shot and Low Shot from any distance.
YEA but which sinestro is going to seriously full screen shackle outside a combo???

Not I

Pig Of The Hut

Iceberg can be punished with Quick Shots anywhere on the screen. Low Shots fire under Ice Daggers. She cannot threaten Deathstroke full screen in any way, shape, or form.

Low Shots obviously stop the slide. If she approaches you from the air, sword flip beats all options.

d+1 xx d,b+3 checks the slide and cannot be parried. She can still backdash. She can jump away sometimes depending how close the slide gets blocked. Nonetheless, every time she backtracks Deathstroke regains the advantage.

Deathstroke has a very good jump back 3. It whiff punishes the slide and allows you to follow up with 3,2,3 f+2,3 xx sword flip.

I have to warn Deathstroke players to be careful when you fire Low Shots on wake up. Slide has full invincibility frames on the slide and it reaches farther than you think. I recommend backdashing and then firing.

Other than wake up slide, I think Deathstroke controls the match up very well. He is well-equipped to fight her.
this is 100% correct

Pig Of The Hut

Guys Deathstroke does not beat NW, been reading through the thread.

Only BAD MUs i see for Deathstroke are

Superman
Ares
NW

Everything imo is 5-5 or better

Sinestro come tuesday could be 6-4 his favor
karaokelove what do you think? According to paulo in chat streams (so i can say it) 35% faster trait charge, arachnid becoming -11 mid instead of its putrid -34 high and throw is normalized to 11% instead of putrid 9%

Remember He's my character :) hands off :)

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
m2dave We need to run more Black Adam vs. DeathStroke. I think DS needs to use more IAGuns in this MU SOMETIMES to avoid lightning / Black Magic. Adam also has a very tall standing hitbox so they should be easier to land as well.

Obviously if I read an instant air gun i can probably crouch and black magic -> lightning punish. It's a big full screen guessing game I guess. Adam gets ahead on trades but Stroke does more chip unless i have MB lightning.

Honestly from our last set I think Adam wins 6-4, but it was very early on so I'm not entirely sure.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Guys Deathstroke does not beat NW, been reading through the thread.

Only BAD MUs i see for Deathstroke are

Superman
Ares
NW

Everything imo is 5-5 or better

Sinestro come tuesday could be 6-4 his favor
karaokelove what do you think? According to paulo in chat streams (so i can say it) 35% faster trait charge, arachnid becoming -11 mid instead of its putrid -34 high and throw is normalized to 11% instead of putrid 9%

Remember He's my character :) hands off :)
I'd feel ok calling it a 6/4 in Sinestro's favor. He really holds all the cards, since it's the Deathstroke player's responsibility to maintain that 1/2-screen distance at all times. An early life-lead can immediately switch it to a 6/4 or even 7/3 in Deathstroke's favor, though. I've also noticed that Sinestro's up-close game isn't too shabby. He can combo overhead strings into his low-hitting ground spikes for very hard-to-block mixups that knock back, he's go a jumping downward projectile while is something I truly envy, and his Arachnid prevents any cross-up attempts, especially in the corner. I think those buffs are going to make Sinestro much more of a terror than he already is. Arguably top 5, depending on what's done to other characters, but probably more like top 7 or 8.

One last thing that's been driving me crazy in this MU is trying to reversal Fear Blast. For some reason, that shit just does not want to be reversaled, so I went into practice mode and got it down. However, with Sinestro I always want to be crouch blocking because I don't want to be walking backwards the whole time (I can usually block and punish Boulders on reaction). The problem is, going from crouch-block to Low Shot reversal is basically impossible, even in optimal conditions.

Also, Utricle is probably the best Superman I've played. You'll definitely get some good MU experience with him.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
you also forget that GL has a fairly good rushdown game as well and if he corners DS, he will be in trouble because he won't be able to jump without taking the risk of getting levitated. DS is not going to beat him in the footsies game bcuz b1 is 9 frames and is faster than DS's normal that he utilizes in footsies such as his b1. You can try and land a grab or get out the corner with a jump 3 and etc., but it definitely won't be easy. My bro plays GL well and we go back and forth, I can't manage to keep a complete advantage in the matchup.
I agree that Green Lantern beats Deathstroke in footsies thanks to b+1 and lift. But Deathstroke controls the pace of the match with Quick Fire and Low Shots like he usually does. Allow me to explain because I see players on streams only spamming guns, cornering themselves, and dying when Deathstroke's rush down is better than Kenshi's and Freddy's combined.

Deathstroke's offense is built around his zoning. You want to force opponents to approach you. You want to predict and set up the 50/50 mix ups between b+1,u+2 and b+2 xx MB sword spin so that your opponent cannot retaliate.

f+2,3 is +9 on block. f+2 has the same start up as d+1 at 7F, which makes the move anything but slow. b+2 cannot be interrupted after f+2,3 is blocked. To avoid 50/50 mix ups after a blocked f+2,3, the opponent must backdash. Any opponent who backtracks automatically surrenders the advantage to Deathstroke.

f+3 is +10 on block. Slow but useful. Deathstroke's corner game is almost as strong as a rush down character's. f+3 can cause cross ups in the corner after sword flip. You can do absurd frame traps and resets that a zoning character should probably not be able to do.

So opponents who dash in on Deathstroke dash in on safe 50/50 mix ups and frame traps. All of this is what makes the character top 5. And not just the gun spam that online scrubs whine about.

A character like Green Lantern cannot possibly overcome all of this and have the advantage. Only the very best characters like Aquaman and Superman can.

xSMoKEx, I have Deathstroke vs. Black Adam at 5:5 at the moment.

Superman could also be 5:5.

Deathstroke beats Sinestro 6:4.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
m2dave very nice analysis there, but how exactly is Superman even? It's one of the very few matchups I think that tip out of Slade's favor. The only ones I truly think could be bad right now are:

Superman
Nightwing
...that might be it. I once thought Doomsday but TONY-T showed me otherwise. Some suggest Raven, I'm not 100% sure on that.

Superman seems easy imo.
I might be wrong though.
1 of the few things you have to pay attention to is when his super meter is full.
But otherwise you can keep him out.

I agree that Green Lantern beats Deathstroke in footsies thanks to b+1 and lift. But Deathstroke controls the pace of the match with Quick Fire and Low Shots like he usually does. Allow me to explain because I see players on streams only spamming guns, cornering themselves, and dying when Deathstroke's rush down is better than Kenshi's and Freddy's combined.

Deathstroke's offense is built around his zoning. You want to force opponents to approach you. You want to predict and set up the 50/50 mix ups between b+1,u+2 and b+2 xx MB sword spin so that your opponent cannot retaliate.

f+2,3 is +9 on block. f+2 has the same start up as d+1 at 7F, which makes the move anything but slow. b+2 cannot be interrupted after f+2,3 is blocked. To avoid 50/50 mix ups after a blocked f+2,3, the opponent must backdash. Any opponent who backtracks automatically surrenders the advantage to Deathstroke.

f+3 is +10 on block. Slow but useful. Deathstroke's corner game is almost as strong as a rush down character's. f+3 can cause cross ups in the corner after sword flip. You can do absurd frame traps and resets that a zoning character should probably not be able to do.

So opponents who dash in on Deathstroke dash in on safe 50/50 mix ups and frame traps. All of this is what makes the character top 5. And not just the gun spam that online scrubs whine about.

A character like Green Lantern cannot possibly overcome all of this and have the advantage. Only the very best characters like Aquaman and Superman can.

xSMoKEx, I have Deathstroke vs. Black Adam at 5:5 at the moment.

Superman could also be 5:5.

Deathstroke beats Sinestro 6:4.
strong points made, but I still got to have it at 5 5, will you be going to UFGT or EVO? if so you and denzell can run this matchup.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
strong points made, but I still got to have it at 5 5, will you be going to UFGT or EVO? if so you and denzell can run this matchup.
I do not necessarily disagree with 5:5.

I will travel to Chicago with Master D. if UFGT uses the current version of the game. If not, I am canceling my trip. My main character is Deathstroke and I have no strong secondary.

Also, I will cease discussing all match ups until after the patch is released. We may be dealing with a low mid tier version of Deathstroke.

This is how I feel about his worst MUs atm.

1. Frost
2. Raven
3. Doomsday
4. Wonder Woman (?)

I might be completely wrong though.

AceKombat

Kappa Police! Shoutouts to FinestKO & PandaxGaming
With the new patch, Killer Frost definitely got better against Deathstroke... Not sure if it's 6-4, but would call it 5.5 in her favor if decimals are allowed (Kappa).

In the previous patch my only losts were against good Batman/Green Lantern/Green Arrow/Superman/Wonder Woman. Even then, these matches don't feel that bad of a match-up for him. In fact I could hardly find anyone who dominates over Deathstroke, but I don't think he's OP either, just really solid in general.

I feel Green Arrow can do ok if he has ice arrow with him, and if he reacts to a projectile from Deathstroke he will be in trouble. How do others feel about facing a good Green Arrow?

PS: LiangHuBBB my Kappa! With Raven, I can see how it's more of who is the smarter zoner from far away. As Deathstroke, you can punish her telekinetic grab (idk move names sry) with standing pistol shots. However, she can punish your standing pistol shots by crouching and going for telekinetic grab. With the new patch, she probably can punish more things now on block. As for up close, I never really seen a threatening Raven with a good frame trap game or footsies, so I can't comment there =(.

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I wouldn't think his gun nerfs would hurt the KF MU too badly, since she's just going to slide the fuck in whenever she wants, anyway. I've been messing with his frame traps, and it seems like MB.f3 will be your best bet, since it can't really be jumped, on hit it leads to 30%+, and on block it sets you up for a free throw, f23, b1u2, 323, b222, or cross-up.

Without meter, good luck.

AceKombat

Kappa Police! Shoutouts to FinestKO & PandaxGaming
That's true, she can abuse the slide like how most Deathstroke's abuse gunshots. It should of got a bit easier (but probably not by much) for Killer Frost since I heard she can punish low shots on block now with slide. Not sure if this is true or not, but if it is, this should help her out a bit and we may just have to play offense (which isn't that bad if you have momentum), attempt to play footsies (in risk of eating a slide, may not be the best area for Deathstroke) or zone from far range (away from slide range).

Toward+3 too good ;)

RoboCop

Former Owner
Premium Supporter
That's true, she can abuse the slide like how most Deathstroke's abuse gunshots. It should of got a bit easier (but probably not by much) for Killer Frost since I heard she can punish low shots on block now with slide. Not sure if this is true or not, but if it is, this should help her out a bit and we may just have to play offense (which isn't that bad if you have momentum), attempt to play footsies (in risk of eating a slide, may not be the best area for Deathstroke) or zone from far range (away from slide range).

Toward+3 too good ;)
The difference being that gunshots do 6%, while her slide can lead to anywhere from 30% to basically an entire health bar if you guess wrong on her vortex.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Just played a pretty good nightwing online , it feels pretty even match up right now , or slightly in NW favour.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just played a pretty good nightwing online , it feels pretty even match up right now , or slightly in NW favour.
You need to fight REO's.

No reason to beat a dead horse, but Deathstroke is obviously no longer a tournament viable character. He loses 7:3 to every single S tier character, including Nightwing. Deathstroke is only usable at a casual level.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
You need to fight REO's.

No reason to beat a dead horse, but Deathstroke is obviously no longer a tournament viable character. He loses 7:3 to every single S tier character, including Nightwing. Deathstroke is only usable at a casual level.
So we must do smth to make them buff him back or give him other buffs what do you think ? Buff his combo dmg , make his trait activate faster etc ...

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I was fortunate enough to run some sets with a friend of mine last night. Killer Frost vs. Deathstroke is possibly a 8-2 MU now. I think he loses to the rest of the top tier either equally as bad or a little bit better. This character is trash. Move along, nothing to see. :coffee: