What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So we must do smth to make them buff him back or give him other buffs what do you think ? Buff his combo dmg , make his trait activate faster etc ...
Of course, I would have gone in a different direction than NRS if I had had to tone down Deathstroke.

--> Quick Fire. Keep old recovery. Reduce damage to 4%. Reduce chip damage to 0.50% each hit.

--> Low Shots. Keep the old recovery. Reduce damage to 4%. Reduce chip damage to .50% each hit.

--> f+2,3 is +5 on block instead of +9.

--> f+3 is +5 instead of +10.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Of course, I would have gone in a different direction than NRS if I had had to tone down Deathstroke.

--> Quick Fire. Keep old recovery. Reduce damage to 4%. Reduce chip damage to 0.50% each hit.

--> Low Shots. Keep the old recovery. Reduce damage to 4%. Reduce chip damage to .50% each hit.

Except they didn't have to tone down Deathstroke.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I believe PL said that the only thing that would justify these nerfs is if his trait activated faster and I have to fully agree. Personally I would have lessened the chip damage. That way opponents could still get in and take less damage in the process.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
It's funny because most tournament players or people that were taking this game seriously didn't bitch and moan about Deathstroke, but the casuals spoke up, the same people that will drop the game in a month or so or simply never change the way they play got what they wanted.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I believe PL said that the only thing that would justify these nerfs is if his trait activated faster and I have to fully agree. Personally I would have lessened the chip damage. That way opponents could still get in and take less damage in the process.
agreed :)
Now his trait is useless :/ But lets say next patch they buff his trait ,but left rest is as it is now . Would it help him much ? I dont think it would be enough to compete with top characters .

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
agreed :)
Now his trait is useless :/ But lets say next patch they buff his trait ,but left rest is as it is now . Would it help him much ? I dont think it would be enough to compete with top characters .
It would help, but he still won't be winning tournaments.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
So what other possible buffs would you suggest ?

Btw I think someone should use DS is tournament ,lets say vs superman and make sure it is on stram to show NRS how free he is now .

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Are there any of the top tiers that havent become a cluster fuck of a match up?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
These changes are not meant for us, my friend. They are directed at the online scrubs who do not care to learn the game.
The changes certainly seem that way. Sadly, it didn't make a difference anyways. I'm still destroying people and getting nonstop hatemail. The problem wasn't the frame data, the problem is that people don't understand how to play fighting games. Not even something as simple as "forward dash after blocking high or low guns." Sigh.

I'm still sticking with him, and I think he'll end up OK enough, but... man, it didn't need to happen. So many characters can punish him from 3/4 to 1/2 screen now. =\

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future

Glad somebody is pointing out the more sensible things they could have done if they felt a need to change him. Nerfing his frames was absolutely the worst possible idea - lowering his chip, damage, and meter gain would have all accomplished similar goals without completely breaking him as a character.

Coddfish

Noob
I had a long session with my friend's day one Batgirl today. This seems like a pretty grim matchup, and it would have been even before the patch:

- Her teleport grab thing (DD3) gives her a whole lot of screen control. If she reads a gunshot of any kind, you get grabbed (and comboed if she MBs it). Jumping and dashing aren't much of an option either; she can easily react to a jump and teleport, and possibly dashes as well, although it's harder and may need to be read. This will also beat all but the meatiest jumpins, because she can just disappear and punish your jumpin recovery. This move is garbage on block though, you can punish it with 323 (but not F3), so if you can bait it or she gets stupid with it, you get a free combo punish.

- Her dragon punch move (DF2) is her invincible wakeup move, and it's really really good. You pretty much can't pressure her on knockdown with anything but crossup F3 or MB F3/B3, because this move will smash your face. And, like teleport, she can convert it with MB, but also like teleport, you get a full combo punish on block. Combined with teleport beating crossup jumpins unless you do them meaty enough to catch the startup, and pressuring her wakeup is really tough.

- Her block pressure is really hard to get out of without burning a bar for pushblock. She has quick overhead and low combo starters, and she can force you to guess if you try and jab your way out of pressure - her B1 (or B2?) overhead goes over lows, while her D1 goes under F2. Her strings/D1~safe special are also quick and likely to beat armor attempts, although I didn't really try these.

- Standing reset. She gets a true standing reset for no meter thanks combo into bola -> F22 (I think, not sure if that's the correct string). Anyway, it's +22 on hit, she has all day to go for a 50/50 that you have to guess. You're still in hitstun all the way until the mixup (thanks to Injustice's weird anti-link mechanic that stops grounded chains from linking into each other) so you can't backdash or reversal or do anything but pick a direction to block and pray. It doesn't do huge damage each time, about 25-30%, but it doesn't cost any meter to rinse and repeat so she can keep doing it until you guess right.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I had a long session with my friend's day one Batgirl today. This seems like a pretty grim matchup, and it would have been even before the patch:

- Her teleport grab thing (DD3) gives her a whole lot of screen control. If she reads a gunshot of any kind, you get grabbed (and comboed if she MBs it). Jumping and dashing aren't much of an option either; she can easily react to a jump and teleport, and possibly dashes as well, although it's harder and may need to be read. This will also beat all but the meatiest jumpins, because she can just disappear and punish your jumpin recovery. This move is garbage on block though, you can punish it with 323 (but not F3), so if you can bait it or she gets stupid with it, you get a free combo punish.

- Her dragon punch move (DF2) is her invincible wakeup move, and it's really really good. You pretty much can't pressure her on knockdown with anything but crossup F3 or MB F3/B3, because this move will smash your face. And, like teleport, she can convert it with MB, but also like teleport, you get a full combo punish on block. Combined with teleport beating crossup jumpins unless you do them meaty enough to catch the startup, and pressuring her wakeup is really tough.

- Her block pressure is really hard to get out of without burning a bar for pushblock. She has quick overhead and low combo starters, and she can force you to guess if you try and jab your way out of pressure - her B1 (or B2?) overhead goes over lows, while her D1 goes under F2. Her strings/D1~safe special are also quick and likely to beat armor attempts, although I didn't really try these.

- Standing reset. She gets a true standing reset for no meter thanks combo into bola -> F22 (I think, not sure if that's the correct string). Anyway, it's +22 on hit, she has all day to go for a 50/50 that you have to guess. You're still in hitstun all the way until the mixup (thanks to Injustice's weird anti-link mechanic that stops grounded chains from linking into each other) so you can't backdash or reversal or do anything but pick a direction to block and pray. It doesn't do huge damage each time, about 25-30%, but it doesn't cost any meter to rinse and repeat so she can keep doing it until you guess right.
I kinda assumed this wouldn't be a very good one. She was designed to be an anti-zoner, and her moves up close are quick. She DOES have a little lacking reach for some of her normals though, that's why we must play the footsie game.

At this point, you may know more about this matchup than I, but the strongest combo punish for a failed teleport is 132. You just have to wait a bit for her to stand back up before you hit 1 though. Too soon and she'll be too low for it to hit.

Coddfish

Noob
I kinda assumed this wouldn't be a very good one. She was designed to be an anti-zoner, and her moves up close are quick. She DOES have a little lacking reach for some of her normals though, that's why we must play the footsie game.

At this point, you may know more about this matchup than I, but the strongest combo punish for a failed teleport is 132. You just have to wait a bit for her to stand back up before you hit 1 though. Too soon and she'll be too low for it to hit.
I didn't think about 132, I'll try that next time, thanks. It seems like she just has counters to all of Stroke's bullshit, while Stroke has a hard time countering some of her bullshit. Even zoning her can be troublesome, because she has evade~dive kick as a good option around sweep range. She can even whiff punish shit with teleport if she's on her toes, I had a whiffed 1 grabbed by it more than a couple of times :/

Pushblocking seems generally quite helpful against her though, especially to escape from that fucking reset. And you can just mash it because it won't come out if you guess wrong, but you have to be wary of counter-pushblocks when she has meter

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I don't get why Black Adam is a bad match up, is it just the dive kick? I honestly don't feel it's bad at all.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I don't get why Black Adam is a bad match up, is it just the dive kick? I honestly don't feel it's bad at all.

BA has a pretty fast dash and can get in on DS relatively easily and can stop a lot of his upclose pressure due to a fully invincible wake up cage.

Plus, BA needs a single divekick to do 32%, DS does 6%

Black Adam can reasonably risk jumping over low shots and possibly eating a read, to get that 32%.

DuskAlloy

Now I know there was a list somewhere about what characters you can and cannot zone against at certain areas of the screen, if anybody knows where it is lol

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I don't know, I still don't see the problem, still feels 5-5ish to me. But I wanna play the match up more.
DS has a lot of answers to Adam's dive kick. Jump back 3, 323 provides a nice combo for him abusing his foot dive mid screen. If you block one at waist height, you can sword spin for a small damage punish, and MB that for a little more damage. In the air, DS can easily shoot him out of his foot dives.

Now however, since the air guns were nerfed, you'll have to be extremely precise with air gun shots. It might not even be worth the risk. Black Adam's projectiles will be countering DS's more easily too because of stupid blockstun nerfing.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
DS has a lot of answers to Adam's dive kick. Jump back 3, 323 provides a nice combo for him abusing his foot dive mid screen. If you block one at waist height, you can sword spin for a small damage punish, and MB that for a little more damage. In the air, DS can easily shoot him out of his foot dives.

Now however, since the air guns were nerfed, you'll have to be extremely precise with air gun shots. It might not even be worth the risk. Black Adam's projectiles will be countering DS's more easily too because of stupid blockstun nerfing.
That's a good write up, thank you. I think I'm starting to realize I'm more of a hands on approach more so than a theory fighter, even though I love theory fighting. Cause I still can't convince myself that it's a bad match up. x-x (Though in all defense, I did the same thing when I played Grundy and someone told me Batman was a horrible match. Didn't believe it till I got put on blast.)

How do you feel about the match when it comes to footsies? Does Black Adam have the clear advantage, or does Deathstroke stand a chance? Can't you react to Black Adam lifting his hand with quickfire? SO MANY QUESTIONS, HELP MILKMAN! Q~Q

DuskAlloy

That's a good write up, thank you. I think I'm starting to realize I'm more of a hands on approach more so than a theory fighter, even though I love theory fighting. Cause I still can't convince myself that it's a bad match up. x-x (Though in all defense, I did the same thing when I played Grundy and someone told me Batman was a horrible match. Didn't believe it till I got put on blast.)

How do you feel about the match when it comes to footsies? Does Black Adam have the clear advantage, or does Deathstroke stand a chance? Can't you react to Black Adam lifting his hand with quickfire? SO MANY QUESTIONS, HELP MILKMAN! Q~Q
I thought one downside to black adam was that his normals didnt have a lot of range except for back 2 i think, so we may do well at footsie range