What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Ugh. I've had a hell of a week. I meant to get back to this and try and nail down a summary of Aquaman to run by everybody and hopefully get the first post updated. Presuming nobody else wants to do it, I will attempt to take care of it soon.

In the meantime, how about Ares? No sense in not just continuing down the list. Any and all thoughts, numbers as you please.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Okay, you guys suck.

Ares: Not a match I have a terrible amount of experience with. He can outpace DS in damage very easily, though in general it takes just knowing Ares' tricks rather than anything special about DS. He can teleport on a read against low shots for a combo, and he's one of the characters who can more effectively neutralize DS's interactable advantage. Teleports are unsafe and can be countered on reaction, so it's always a bit of a gamble for both players, though a good read favors Ares more. He has reasonable zoning tools to make DS not too gunshot happy, and you have to watch out for MB fireball, which is damned fast and does a lot of damage, as well as his trait sword and axe being able to cover a lot of space. Wakeup teleport provides some options against DS's oki, but again, a bad read will get Ares comboed. Faking teleport by triggering invisibility is largely useless for Ares in this match, because he'll more likely than not just wind up getting shot for his trouble.

5-5 match, IMO.

Now, back to Aquaman, so we can have something to add to the first post of this thread.

4-6 in Aquaman's favor.
Deathstroke is outdamaged by Aquaman, particularly because Aquaman can escape DS's main grounded mixups using trait, making him more dependent on f3 to bounce, or block strings if he can get them. Aquaman has more range in the neutral game, and has an effective punish going up to slightly under 3/4 screen on low shots. He can also trait out of quick shots for a check on block with From the Deep, though this does require good reactions. From the Deep is punishable at any range by quick shots, making it bad to do randomly, and trident throw can be reacted against with low shots at a distance, though most Aquaman players won't use it anyways.

While it's hard to jump on him in the neutral game due to his superb d2, Aquaman is one of Deathstroke's easier targets for the flying ninja and for cornered f3 mixups, and his answers against grounded oki aren't as swell as many characters too, provided his trait isn't ready. It's hard to put him off balance, but if you ever do get a knockdown and start doing setups, it can be hard for him to regain his footing.

You either want to be as far away from Aquaman as possible, or standing on his face repeatedly doing setups on him. Midscreen, he's going to win.

Thoughts, revisions, anything? I want something I can tag a mod with to put up on the first page.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
The DS forums need a makeover IMO. We just need a totally new matchups thread (since this one is never updated), a new combo thread (since the owner of that one no longer owns the game), and some stickies need to be removed (like the ancient "Getting Around DS' Keepaway thread since it's FULL of outdated info.)

We need to pass on the core threads to people who are active and will update the things without having to request a mod so often.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
The DS forums need a makeover IMO. We just need a totally new matchups thread (since this one is never updated), a new combo thread (since the owner of that one no longer owns the game), and some stickies need to be removed (like the ancient "Getting Around DS' Keepaway thread since it's FULL of outdated info.)

We need to pass on the core threads to people who are active and will update the things without having to request a mod so often.
Well, do you want to volunteer yourself for something? I sure as hell am not suited for maintaining a combo thread.

J360 Since you're the mod for this section, thoughts?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao

I can help make a new organized combo thread since I'm also working on one on MKU.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Well, do you want to volunteer yourself for something? I sure as hell am not suited for maintaining a combo thread.

J360 Since you're the mod for this section, thoughts?

Thanks for tagging me. I'll review the forums tonight. In the meantime @mikman48 can you give me the list of threads i should review? The combo thread is the obvious one so i'm referring to the threads i should review to remove from stickies. I usually update stickies and prefixes weekly so if there are any specific threads that should be bumped or pushed up let me know guys. I'm here for you guys.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Thanks for tagging me. I'll review the forums tonight. In the meantime @mikman48 can you give me the list of threads i should review? The combo thread is the obvious one so i'm referring to the threads i should review to remove from stickies. I usually update stickies and prefixes weekly so if there are any specific threads that should be bumped or pushed up let me know guys. I'm here for you guys.

I responded in your normalization thread, although I felt the need to post here for a very specific reason.

I would like to nominate J360 for the "Best Butchering of My Name" award. It's quite rare that people get the "Mik" part right, but then screw up the numbers XD