What's new

My case of me being mistreated by Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This didn't need its own thread.

I read that whole thing expecting to see that Brady sold OP's daughter off to a human trafficker or something.

Turns out.....it was a negative YouTube comment and an unfavorable tweet mentioning his name. Hope OP is able to recover from this devastating experience from such a monster.

What Tom did to the people who paid for him to attend events and especially REO is super shitty. This? This could have been a two sentence post in the existing Brady drama thread. I don't even think it's even worthy of a post there, to be honest.

This is so ridiculous I feel like it has to be a troll.

Last edited:
Being a douche isn't a crime nor is it anything but a mildly unpleasant experience. The donation business is a downright travesty. I don't really want to pile on and attack the OP but I don't like that what's happening with this is turning into what always happens when someone of even remote celebrity/status comes under flack: everyone and their brother shows up to tack on and get "their story" out there. None of this even amounts to anything since Brady doesn't need further wrongdoing in order to be chastised. The scam was bad enough, and everyone now knows what they're dealing with when it comes to him.

This just reads like an excuse to talk about yourself and seems very entitled, no offense.

ETA: this reminds me a bit of the occasional 'story' (and there seems to be an example of this for like every good tournament player out there) where someone is like "yeah I tried to approach him at x tournament and he kinda blew me off, total douche." World doesn't revolve around you, buddy. I have no doubt some of these guys may be short with people sometimes when they've basically got the equivalent of FGC paparazzi at their heels at every gathering when they're just trying to play video games. I'm not justifying being rude, but I also see the other side of it. You're not the only one trying to do that, everybody is.

Last edited:

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
This reminds me of the time i fought Batman - there we were, it was the dead of night and we were mere feet from each other and didn't even know it. I had sweat dripping down my forehead and that feeling in my stomach where you know something isn't right but you aren't sure what then he got closer. I waited patiently knowing that he might know what i knew but i wanted to wait until i knew for sure whether he knew what I knew but only if I knew it. I reeled back slowly until I was ready to spring my trap. Patuently i sat ever so quiet as he crept closer and closer and closer and CLOSER UNTIL.....

I THREW A ROCK AT HIM!!!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I can understand why Roy felt like sharing this.
It's tough when someone you used to admire, support and look up turns out to be a very unpleasant person and then starts treating you like shit. That feeling right there... it fucking sucks. And as it appears, Roy wanted to share his story, and considering the current events, that's understandable. Though it might seem like a small thing for some, when these things just brew inside you for a long time, they can start to feel a lot bigger. Sometimes to the point where it becomes unbearable.

But it's alright, we all deal with things differently. No harm was done here though.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
A post like this is still way more preferable than another "My thoughts on where Character X is at the moment" thread.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
The point was to expose Tom even more but all of you are ganging on op now. Klassic internet...
Yeah, I should've known that this would happen, that people would purposely ignore the details and twist this to make it seem a lot smaller then it actually is just so I would've respond to them and give them, all topped by accusing me for making this thread just for attention, when it's clearly they are the ones who want attention from me, if anything. I've said that this isn't just about me, and I was 110% clear on it. So indeed, klassic internet with a K'.

In today's gaming culture people are becoming mild public figures with fans who support them/donate towards them. If a football player told some kid who went to all his home games for 3 years publicly "yo u scrub, get a job get off my nuts" or some shit he would catch hella flack. Sometimes guys like Brady either forget the relationship between them and their fan's or they are just a huge ass and don't give a shit. Either way, it's not benefitial for the community or themselves to act like this. Lets say Tom Brady said sorry to Roy Arkon...what negative effect would it have? But I bet Roy would really appreciate it and possibly continue to support this guy (and probably get conned out of some money so its best for Roy that he doesn't). I know it sounds lame but just my two cents.
I can understand why Roy felt like sharing this.
It's tough when someone you used to admire, support and look up turns out to be a very unpleasant person and then starts treating you like shit. That feeling right there... it fucking sucks. And as it appears, Roy wanted to share his story, and considering the current events, that's understandable. Though it might seem like a small thing for some, when these things just brew inside you for a long time, they can start to feel a lot bigger. Sometimes to the point where it becomes unbearable.

But it's alright, we all deal with things differently. No harm was done here though.
Actually there are other top players that I already was a bigger fan of then Tom. It's not like I've idolized him or anything, but I did respect him both as a player and as a person, and I have learned a lot from him and I was very thankful for him. It's just the magnitude of what he has done not just to me but to NRS/WB as well as all of his followers. And don't worry I won't donate anything to him LOL. And yes I do want him to apologize, not just to me, but to NRS/WB, all of his fans, and on the way there, to REO and the others for what he has done to them. I have been the one who got the worst end of it, but like I said, this isn't just about me.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Yeah, I should've known that this would happen, that people would purposely ignore the details and twist this to make it seem a lot smaller then it actually is just so I would've respond to them and give them, all topped by accusing me for making this thread just for attention, when it's clearly they are the ones who want attention from me, if anything. I've said that this isn't just about me, and I was 110% clear on it. So indeed, klassic internet with a K'.

Actually there are other top players that I already was a bigger fan of then Tom. It's not like I've idolized him or anything, but I did respect him both as a player and as a person, and I have learned a lot from him and I was very thankful for him. It's just the magnitude of what he has done not just to me but to NRS/WB as well as all of his followers. And don't worry I won't donate anything to him LOL. And yes I do want him to apologize, not just to me, but to NRS/WB, all of his fans, and on the way there, to REO and the others for what he has done to them. I have been the one who got the worst end of it, but like I said, this isn't just about me.
It's not being twisted, it's being untwisted.

I know you aren't going to see it this way, and that's fine and understandable, but at it's core, this is playing out a revenge fantasy under the guise of letting the world know "who Tom really is" and people aren't buying it.

I'm sorry you needed some sort of catharsis to close this thing in your life and it's not happening. I don't think the anti-snowflake rhetoric is super helpful either, and there really is no public involving answer for that sort of thing. TB certainly isn't going to be capable of making anything better. He has always just come off as someone who just can't accept fault for anything ever. Just strait up doesn't have the capacity to live through the pain of accepting you sucked.

It hurts to go there, nobody can go there all the time, and some just will do everything they can to never go there. That includes lashing out over dumb stuff, endless excuses, asserting false narratives, and blaming everyone else so it lands as far away as possible. Tom is either going double down on his shtick, or he is going to break a little, own it and grow. If that happened people might get a quality apology that means something, but growing isn't easy. Don't count on someone else's growth for your own healing and progress.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
What really sticks out from the story is the entitlement that he thinks he has to NRS games. I don’t know the guy, but with everything surfacing he just seems like a goober, and not the food kind, the dumb person kind

Status
Not open for further replies.