What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11: AFTERMATH (FUJIN, SHEEVA, ROBOCOP) CONFIRMED

trufenix

bye felicia
It's very simple. A retailer sets a price for an item, and then a consumer decides if they buy it at that price, or if they wait for a sale, or if they simply don't buy the item at all.
And when people ask them how much it costs, they say well it retails for x, but the real price is this?

And when people ask them how much it costs, they say well it retails for x, but the real price is this?
A price tag is almost always higher than the manufacturing cost of the item due to the retailer needing to make a profit; very little in the world is sold at-cost as I'm sure you well know and almost everything is marked up to some degree. This makes sense and is expected (though interestingly sometimes items, even new items, are marked down below manufacturing cost for other business reasons).

The "real price," as you call it, is a very differnent thing from a "price tag" as a result. A price tag is what the retailer is selling the product for, and often priced with enough of a markup to profit, and at a point where the average consumer would not feel cheated paying for it.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Why Sheeva looks like a human paint in green for Blizzard hentai fans ? Also why she's so short ?
Also why Sheeva ?
Why ?

I'm bummed at how bad they botched the Shredder costume. The fur on his shoulders is way off and they should've given him the pale white skin.
Lmao it’s like the deception costume is an ad on the wish app and the mk11 costume is what you actually get in the mail.

Bootleg is better than nothing though, I’m happy with it.

Im not happy about MK9 scorpion, I can literally feel the scorpion players salivating while entering in their WiFi passwords

Last edited:
Lmao it’s like the deception costume is an ad on the wish app and the mk11 costume is what you actually get in the mail.

Bootleg is better than nothing though, I’m happy with it.

Im not happy about MK9 scorpion, I can literally feel the scorpion players salivating while entering in their WiFi passwords
I am a Scorpion main on cable tho but i don't really like the mk9 costume. We had it last game. I wish they gave us the deadly alliance one

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Still trying to figure out the $40 price tag. At the very least the option to buy the characters separately should be available. But $40 seems like too much to me. Even with the story “expansion” (which as I’ve said I care absolutely nothing about), I can’t see how $40 is a fair price. Basically what they’re saying is that the story expansion part is worth $25, seeing as how DLC characters are usually $5 a piece. So $25 alone is about 42% the cost of the entire base game. And $40 is 67% of the base game.

I just can’t see how a story expansion and 3 characters is worth $40. I’m not saying you shouldn’t buy it, you can do whatever you’d like. I’m just genuinely curious what their reasoning is for such a high price given the content they’re offering.

Not trying to soil the thread or to be a downer, I just dislike being taken advantage of is all. And I obviously know I do not have to purchase this. And understand the argument “don’t like the price don’t buy it”. I am just wondering if maybe I’m missing something and other things are being offered in this expansion.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Still trying to figure out the $40 price tag. At the very least the option to buy the characters separately should be available. But $40 seems like too much to me. Even with the story “expansion” (which as I’ve said I care absolutely nothing about), I can’t see how $40 is a fair price. Basically what they’re saying is that the story expansion part is worth $25, seeing as how DLC characters are usually $5 a piece. So $25 alone is about 42% the cost of the entire base game. And $40 is 67% of the base game.

I just can’t see how a story expansion and 3 characters is worth $40. I’m not saying you shouldn’t buy it, you can do whatever you’d like. I’m just genuinely curious what their reasoning is for such a high price given the content they’re offering.

Not trying to soil the thread or to be a downer, I just dislike being taken advantage of is all. And I obviously know I do not have to purchase this. And understand the argument “don’t like the price don’t buy it”. I am just wondering if maybe I’m missing something and other things are being offered in this expansion.
Nope, the expansion only offers the extra story chapters+ 3 characters + 3 skins. everything else (new stage fatalities, friendships, acid pit) will be available for everyone with the patch. what's outrageous is that ppl who don't own the game can buy everything including kp1 and the expansion for only 60 bucks while those of us who have preordered the premium edition for 100 bucks are being punished for our loyalty and support by getting milked a 40 bucks extra to get the new stuff. Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Here is my take on this:
  • I like Fujin and Sheeva.
  • I don't like the fact we are getting yet another guest character. I would much rather have an MK character instead. There are so many good options, with Reiko and Havik just a couple off the top of my head. I am either not going to buy Robocop or if he is included with the rest, I am not going to download him (if that's an option), just as I did with the other three guests. There are four guest characters now in MK11. What is this, Mortal Kombat or Mortal Kombat VS Warner Bros? I really wish they would stop with the guest characters already.
  • I like the Lin Kuei costume for Frost.
  • I like the addition of Friendships. Those are much needed to provide some comic relief and brighten up this game, which is way too dark, even for an MK game. They are taking the dark and gritty thing way too far.
  • I like the addition of the two classic stages. Can we get an option to pick classic music for those two, and all other stages? MK11 has the worst music of any MK game. It doesn't sound like MK at all.
  • I am weary of the additional story content. MK11's story was pretty bad. Hope they don't make it worse. According to the IGN trailer i saw Fujin is Raiden's brother! WTF?! Nothing of the sort was ever indicated in any MK game. I am not a fan of retconning things or coming up with familial bonds that late into the story. That's unimaginative writing IMO.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Nope, the expansion only offers the extra story chapters+ 3 characters + 3 skins. everything else (new stage fatalities, friendships, acid pit) will be available for everyone with the patch. what's outrageous is that ppl who don't own the game can buy everything including kp1 and the expansion for only 60 bucks while those of us who have preordered the premium edition for 100 bucks are being punished for our loyalty and support by getting milked a 40 bucks extra to get the new stuff. Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting.
THIS+1

I already paid 100$, WB really wants another 40? Have to think about if I want to buy this expansion. And who TF asked for Robocop??? Don´t get me wrong, I love that movie, I like Robocop. But not in MK, we have too many guest chars already and fan favorites are left in the dust

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
THIS+1

I already paid 100$, WB really wants another 40? Have to think about if I want to buy this expansion. And who TF asked for Robocop??? Don´t get me wrong, I love that movie, I like Robocop. But not in MK, we have too many guest chars already and fan favorites are left in the dust
You got what you paid for, for the date that you paid it for. No one is forcing you to buy Aftermath at day one, no one is forcing you to buy MK11 at day one, no one is forcing you to buy anything, period. NRS never told you that buying premium means you'll get everything past KP1 for free or a low price. You only got yourself to blame for thinking otherwise.

Yes, it is overpriced, but you can easily buy it at a later date at a much, much lower price.

If you want things day one, you pay more for them.

What you're doing is like, me throwing a fit for someone buying a Blu-ray player for 50$ after fifteen years, while I bought the very first one for 500$.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
You got what you paid for, for the date that you paid it for. No one is forcing you to buy Aftermath at day one, no one is forcing you to buy MK11 at day one, no one is forcing you to buy this, period.

Yes, it is overpriced, but you can easily buy it at a later date at a much, much lower price.

What you're doing is like, me throwing a fit for someone buying a Blu-ray player for 50$ after fifteen years, while I bought the very first one for 500$.
fuck yeah, that's the point, free will for everyone ..... if you think that Aftermath does not worth your hardwork sweaty money, ok, save your bucks for later ..... and be careful with the ton of spoilers over internet after May 26th, heheh

if you have the money to pay for it, and don't worry about buying now, and cannot wait to play, go for it, buy now and enjoy the new content :cool:

simple like that .... just moaning like a baby and shouting loud on forums like a spoiled child, will not make NRS change their prices, lol ! so, answer with your wallet, and don't make a fucking drama about it, hehe :D

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I think it will be more fair, for Premium Edition customers like me, to have some sort of "price cut" for Aftermath.
Maybe 10.00 less then the others.

I love MK, probably buy Aftermath on D1 because I love Fujin and Sheeva, and enjoy the new story mode, but I feel kinda, "punished" to be a loyal MK fan.
The fact that Robocop is part of the deal and I don't give a f.... about him, make thing worse.
I pay for something that I don't want and never use.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
You got what you paid for, for the date that you paid it for. No one is forcing you to buy Aftermath at day one, no one is forcing you to buy MK11 at day one, no one is forcing you to buy anything, period. NRS never told you that buying premium means you'll get everything past KP1 for free or a low price. You only got yourself to blame for thinking otherwise.

lol, that´s why I said "Have to think about if I want to buy it". I am not thinking I would get anything cheaper because I bought premium. I am just stunned by the pricetag, that´s all.