What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11: AFTERMATH (FUJIN, SHEEVA, ROBOCOP) CONFIRMED

Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting.
What's is ridiculous is that people don't seem to place any value in having had the game to play for the past year.

If they said on day1 you can wait 13months and pay only US$60 and get some extra stuff thrown in, would you have waited? If yes, then why didn't you? You can't say "because we didn't know" because that's rubbish, as they have done this with every game they've released since probably before MK9, we all know how it works.

If not, then why complain about something which you had no intention of ever doing?

while those of us who have preordered the premium edition for 100 bucks are being punished for our loyalty and support
You're not getting punished or screwed over.

Here's a link to what you're entitled to get with the premium edition:
All that and different fancy looking coverart to top it off.

No where in there does it say anything about future content. You got exactly what you paid for. I paid a little less and didn't get the KP extra's and SK DLC.

The US$60 price tag of MK11:A has no bearing on anything that happened at the release of MK11.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
What's is ridiculous is that people don't seem to place any value in having had the game to play for the past year.
Because the game was incomplete and an absolute joke at launch, only 2 variations, countless bugs and glitches that still not completely fixed after more than a year in. There was no enjoyment in that year of early access that warrants the 100 bucks we paid in blind faith that we'll get our money's worth. I would've rather waited and got the AIO 60 bucks deal if i knew the 1st year of the game would be such an awful ride, and am not the only one with such regret.

Regret that nobody should feel because they choose to support their favorite game studio, which is exactly the case. those who cared from the start are getting milked while those who didn't care are getting the best deal.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I have no issue with Raiden and Fujin being brothers, doesn’t ruin or affect anything at all.

And it’s a hell of a lot better than the last time Raiden was given a brother...

It doesn't work for me. I find it about as poor of an attempt to...spice up the story, i guess, as him and Shao Khan being brothers. They should just leave the characters as they have been through all the previous games and continuing their stories, not retroactively changing them.

Art Lean

Noob

Picture from the official website, they changed the masks and gave Scorpion glowing eyes.
Oooh very nice, I was assuming these skins for Scorpion and Sub Zero were just going to be a maskless set like the Klassic Ninja skins were (why couldn't Noob and Sub Zero get cloth masks to match Scorpion and Shang's ninja morphs???), with Scorpion's skin above presumably designed to just be worn with his already in-game Deathstalker mask, but we're getting exclusive masks for them all too, so that's awesome!

Not a fan of the retro plastic airsoft masks at all (like Frost's wearing there). They looked cool in MK2 select screen avatars when Mortal Kombat was still in its infancy and was still using motion captured real actors in silly costumes that we didn't question the fashion-sense of (and I didn't know how cheaply the costumes had been been made), it wasn't until I saw Scorpion in the FMV of MK Mythologies that I realised how utterly cheap and silly they look in real life, so with all the gloriously realistic cloth and metal masks the game offers they look kind of tacky, but HEY, glad they're there for the people who want them haha. So needless to say I'm utterly looking forward to pairing the above Frost skin with a cloth mask like "Link Kuei Tradition", "Pro Wrestler Frost" or "Klassic Frost"!

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
wow, this MK9 version of Scorpion, in the MK11 graphics, is top notch ! much better than MKX version, and even better than the original in MK9, lol ! really good indeed ! both Frost and Sub new skins are awesome too ! approved ! :cool:

Art Lean

Noob
Just noticed an intro dialogue I'd never properly paid any attention to before, but when you face Shang Vs Liu...

Liu - "Back from the future Shang Tsung?"
Shang - "Sent here by you, as it happens."
Liu - "All words you utter... are lies!"

Nice touch, Aftermath's been foretold for 11 months :cool:

Raider

Noob
of course you cant buy them seperately on release, neither could you with the combat pack. you always at least have to wait a week. so not being able to purchase them on the 26th is a given.
Actually that was early access for KP owners. There is no any kind of early access for Aftermath.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Actually that was early access for KP owners. There is no any kind of early access for Aftermath.
of course they dont advertise it that way this time but you can be assured you will be able to purchase them later on separately.
would they do it now it literally would mean dont give us 40 bucks and pay 16 instead and they would be stupid to bind that people on the nose.

he didnt denied that it will happen, that alone should tell you all.

Last edited: