What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11: AFTERMATH (FUJIN, SHEEVA, ROBOCOP) CONFIRMED

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º

6 slots remaining?
the images are stacking dependent on the resolution/window size you use so you can make this six, eight, none...etc.

Art Lean

Noob
damn, these new stages look so damn cool
Genuine question... what are the chances that the retro levels will get updated retro music like MK4, Deception & MK9, or have those tunes been exhausted by this point?

Soul Chamber
MK3 -
MK9 -

Dead Pool
MK2 -
MKD -
MK9 -

And whilst this stage isn't returning, just as an example for musical purposes:
Living Forest
MK2 -
MK4 -
MKD -
MK9 -

I keep thinking would a great approach to recording arena music for new MK games be to actually record it in synthesised midi score first, then re-orchestrate that? The new arena music is all so over-composed that it's so unmemorable and personally believe it would really benefit from being stripped down to its most memorable and simplistic manner first in order to create a memorable tune you remember after one minute's of play, then expanded from there, to create something both memorable yet sounds great.

Last edited:

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Genuine question... what are the chances that the retro levels will get updated retro music like MK4, Deception & MK9, or have those tunes been exhausted by this point?

Soul Chamber
MK3 -
MK9 -

Dead Pool
MK2 -

MKD -

MK9 -

And whilst this stage isn't returning, just as an example for musical purposes:
Living Forest
MK2 -
MK4 -
MKD -
MK9 -

I keep thinking would a great approach to recording arena music for new MK games be to actually record it in synthesised midi score first, then re-orchestrate that? The new arena music is all so over-composed that it's so unmemorable and personally believe it would really benefit from being stripped down to its most memorable and simplistic manner first in order to create a memorable tune you remember after one minute's of play, then expanded from there, to create something both memorable yet sounds great.
Given what they did to The Courtyard theme, I'm not very hopeful.

Revenants are so 2015

Bring back their actual faces to the roster, thank you.
Nah, they used non-Revenants in Mortal Kombat XL when they actually should have been Revenants by default there. The story of Mortal Kombat 11 starts with them still as Revenants, so they did it right this time.

Raider

Noob
There's a simple solution.

Allow us to choose.

Have an option in the settings to toggle between 'Revenant' or 'Non-Revenant' icons for characters that have skins for both.
Not just icons. We should be able to change character's appearance as we wish. If i want to use human Sindel with revenant outfit i should be able to do that.

They locked 2 skins for DLC characters out of 4 and 3 skins for base roster characters out of 6 behind ugly revenants.

There's a simple solution.

Allow us to choose.

Have an option in the settings to toggle between 'Revenant' or 'Non-Revenant' icons for characters that have skins for both.
That's certainly a very good solution. It'll be interesting to see if it happens though, considering the actual character model appears based on your own customization.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Not just icons. We should be able to change character's appearance as we wish. If i want to use human Sindel with revenant outfit i should be able to do that.

They locked 2 skins for DLC characters out of 4 and 3 skins for base roster characters out of 6 behind ugly revenants.
Agreed there.

The icons would be a good start though. Adding human versions of the revenant outfits would also take very little effort (it's just changing the skin texture and the eye texture...), but I can't see NRS doing that without locking them behind a Kombat League again :/