What's new

MKXL Results from Evo 2016

Lokheit

Noob
what are you guys talking about. there's nothing impressive about being able to win at any point if you pick the best character in the game. like bruh blood god is like 4 tiers down
What I mean is, Sonic was making it interesting by picking A and B tier characters for most of the tournament instead of autopiloting for Acidic sweeps, and he almost accomplished it without a single high tier if not for how well Tekken Master was playing. I think his Gunslinger could've beaten armor less blood god if he tried again, he didn't abuse the low guns too much on the match up, but I understand with the money on the line he wanted to secure it.

I wouldn't say it was a shame. Quite the opposite, for once other countries get to experience it live.
I'm from Europe so it was good for me here, but I know I would've spent the night anyway and it's not the same having it at 2 or 3AM (just sleep late) than 8AM (on a Sunday). The worse of all was how empty was the place, it looked like no one cares for the game and that's not a good image.

What I mean is, Sonic was making it interesting by picking A and B tier characters for most of the tournament instead of autopiloting for Acidic sweeps, and he almost accomplished it without a single high tier if not for how well Tekken Master was playing. I think his Gunslinger could've beaten armor less blood god if he tried again, he didn't abuse the low guns too much on the match up, but I understand with the money on the line he wanted to secure it.

I'm from Europe so it was good for me here, but I know I would've spent the night anyway and it's not the same having it at 2 or 3AM (just sleep late) than 8AM (on a Sunday). The worse of all was how empty was the place, it looked like no one cares for the game and that's not a good image.
Alot of people don't watch mkx tournaments because sonicfox is a living tournament spoiler. Lol

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Everybody bashing on acidic needs to remember that wargod also mopped this tournament with armored overheads, full-screen jump in punches, extremely difficult to whiff punish array of mids and mid launchers and mix-ups mid string and lots of plus frames.

Last but certainly not least you can't wake-up against him, if he spaces it well, you will eat his 9 frame mid follow-up during your rise frames and just like kung jin he can jump back punch on your wake-up in corner.

#Harsh truths
War God is like everyone else everyone was using. Demo, Mystic, Ronin, Piercing, A-List - these characters are loaded, not broken.

Acidic is broken.

I love Sonic Fox, but there is still one match left to be played in my eyes.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Kp3 is definitely happening,The mistake we might've made is that we assumed that the announcement will be at Evo. It could come shortly after as an online reveal trailer like kp2.

While those rants are ridiculous they actually have some merits to them, SonicFox couldn't afford to pick Alien from the beginning against Tekken because going full tryhard mode against a mid tier character like Kotal would damage his legacy. He only picked Alien at the end when there was no other option.
You think he sandbagged? I just think he counter-picked Blood God was all.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
What? Lol. Where are you getting this from? You work for NRS confirmed?
I don't work for NRS or know if he works for NRS, but all he needs is an insider who likes to talk and he could find things out ahead of time. I used to get Madden info before everyone else for years. In exchange, I figured out the broken stuff and gave them the info on the down-low and offered ideas for how to implement more realism and authenticity. Since MUT has taken over, I've burned most of those bridges because I believe MUT to be a money grab/cash scam. I also hate the trend of the past few installments of adding stick assists.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I don't work for NRS or know if he works for NRS, but all he needs is an insider who likes to talk and he could find things out ahead of time. I used to get Madden info before everyone else for years. In exchange, I figured out the broken stuff and gave them the info on the down-low and offered ideas for how to implement more realism and authenticity. Since MUT has taken over, I've burned most of those bridges because I believe MUT to be a money grab/cash scam. I also hate the trend of the past few installments of adding stick assists.
Judging by what he said, he doesn't have an insider he just seems completely delusional .lol

Reactions: GAV

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't blame Sonic. He had a pocket auto-win character and held him out until the very last game. I just don't recognize any matches with Acidic.
Why wasn't the entire top 32 filled with Acidic Aliens if it's an auto win character. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Scar's demo at CEO force Sonic to switch from Acidic to Erron Black?

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
An amazing grand finals and top 8 overall. Loved seeing Big D's Ermac do so well. Tekken Master had Sonic on the absolute ropes. He took 5 games off Sonic in a grand finals. That's unheard of.

At the end of the day, Sonicfox is once again the man, though. As I said....don't ever pick against him. Everyone in that prediction thread that gave me shit for saying Sonic would win can hold that.

Lokheit

Noob
@Tim Static on the main post you have Big D as "Spectral Ermac" but he used all variations (in fact I think he used Mystic during most of his scalp harvesting and Spectral was the variation he was using when he was eliminated).

Big props to him btw, top4 as a character loyalist with Ermac was amazing.

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
he didn't abuse the low guns too much on the match up, but I understand with the money on the line he wanted to secure it.
if Sonic Fox used the low shots .. Blood God will EX Parry the last hit and go for a full punish. Tekken Master used it in the match against Sonic Fox. Tekken Master does it against me all the time. :(

don't forget about the Blue Totem ... Blood God gains a lot of meter from Erron Black strings ... like 21122 , Command grab build a bar of meter for Kotal when the blue totem is on.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Kp3 is definitely happening,The mistake we might've made is that we assumed that the announcement will be at Evo. It could come shortly after as an online reveal trailer like kp2.

While those rants are ridiculous they actually have some merits to them, SonicFox couldn't afford to pick Alien from the beginning against Tekken because going full tryhard mode against a mid tier character like Kotal would damage his legacy. He only picked Alien at the end when there was no other option.
Omfg shut up
Told u guys it's not

Really want KP3, they did us so dirty with these packs. Like seriously who came up with those awful choices.... Tanya and Tremor were the only good choices. Predator was done very well, but guests suck.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Yea demo is equally as broke if not more

Disagree entirely Pig. Demo is dumb but it's not broke. Acidic is kinda busted IMO. It's the difference between MK9 Kenshi and Cyrax. One is dumb and annoyingly good but the other is close to being genuinely broken.

I dunno, I appear to be in the minority here but I'd have Acidic, Tarkatan and Cutthroat on a different level to Demo, Piercing and A-List.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Disagree entirely Pig. Demo is dumb but it's not broke. Acidic is kinda busted IMO. It's the difference between MK9 Kenshi and Cyrax. One is dumb and annoyingly good but the other is close to being genuinely broken.

I dunno, I appear to be in the minority here but I'd have Acidic, Tarkatan and Cutthroat on a different level to Demo, Piercing and A-List.
No both u mentioned are/were broke as well

loogie

Noob
All those saying Sonic kept Alien for an auto win are so god damn desrespectful to tekkenmaster.. He was variation locked with blood god, couldn't do much vs Acidic bs
WarGod TekkenMaster bring on Acidic.. Nope! He'll get rekt that's why.
So whoever says Sonic was just playing it with his other characters and only picked Acidic to make sure of the win are (sorry to say) are dumb, illogical, desrespectful.

@UltraDavid
TekkenMaster does not play online AT ALL and he wasn't at ESL because ESL doesn't allow for folks from middle east like him and @x-azeez (and alot of others) to take part
You gave some false info there in your opening commentary

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Omfg shut up
Told u guys it's not
Ive been saying this since the rumors started. It makes no sense to have a KP3. They already released MKXL that had all of the DLC included, why would the do another KP3? Maybe one more bonus DLC character like they did in INJ with Martian Manhunter, but I doubt it. No idea why people thought there would be an announcement at EVO.

NRS community is so full of crybabies. The number of broken characters in the last two games that have somehow only had any success when played by 1 person doesn't seem to compute.

The ONLY time I felt there was any truth to X character is broken in the last few years has been pre-patch Raiden. When non-Raiden players were doing what people have always said they WOULD do if there ever was an actually broken easy to use character, and that's use that character. Cause when it comes to money and winning tournaments most people aren't loyal to shit.

Honestly can't remember how many times I saw touch into superman into corner shenanigans from people that had abandoned their mains DURING the same tournament where the brokenness became obvious.

Has that happened with Erron, Alien, Tanya, Sonya etc? Nope. But hey, lets continue to call half the cast broken when we all know if that was actually the case the same thing would happen again.

Matix218

Get over here!
sonic fox is such a scrub. this is like the 3rd time he's been down in a tournament and switched to the most broke character in the game. first tanya then alien and another alien like bruh. props to tekken master. dude was hype as fuck
Lol...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Really want KP3, they did us so dirty with these packs. Like seriously who came up with those awful choices.... Tanya and Tremor were the only good choices. Predator was done very well, but guests suck.
Tanya and Tremor the only good ones? Dude the Triborg is the most badass thing ever! And agreed about guests for the most part. I love the Alien lore and the movies, and the Xenomorph is my favorite movie monster, but I don't really think he was meant for a fighting game. Predator and Jason were great additions, but beyond them, I agree guests suck.