What's new

MKXL Results from Evo 2016

Tim Static

Adminerator
This weekend, the world of Mortal Kombat converged on Las Vegas to determine who is indeed the real Top Dawg. Considered the Super Bowl of Fighting Game Tourneys, Evo is the World Championships. After an all day of pools on Saturday, the MKXL players had a short rest over night & were the first on the amazing stage set up at the Mandalay Bay Events Center....And the players did not disappoint. Kongrats to EVERY MK player who went & represented our community at Evo. 706 of you are probably disappointed, but TYM is proud of 707 of you. Check out the Results below:

1st: cR SonicFox (Hollywood Cassie, Gunslinger Erron Black, Acidic Alien)
2nd: Tekken Master (Swarm Queen D'Vorah; War/Blood God Kotal)
3rd: PG Scar (Demolition Sonya)
4th: EVB BigD (Ermac)
5th: Orbit | MTL Hayatei (Ronin Takeda)
5th: cR WoundCowboy (Shinnok)
7th: YOMI Michaelangelo (Quan Chi)
7th: EVB Dragon (Tarkatan Alien)

9th:
PxP Foxy Grampa
DAB
CR Biohazard
Yomi Forever King

13th:
CR Honeybee
Noble Beyond Toxin
Noble Raptor
Yomi Slayer

17th:
CR Whiteboi
OD Atai
Illmatic
RM Cossner
Starcharger
Yomi DJT
Noble Illusions
Nubcakes

25th:
KillerXinok
EVB|DR Gross
Han Rashid
Perfect Legend
Khaotic Rewind
Shinobi|Shaolin
Coosco
VGM|UlverBlueRiver

33rd:
YOMI|Trepound
Blaqkcloud
StDx|oD]2eZ
Yungmonster12
SQ1|Izzzzymode
VDV|Boki
JgoonForever
EVB|Vendetta
BLT|ThaTrueNinja
FLK|Hemlit
Buffalo
YOMI|JagoBlake
Shinobi|Pride
Circa|Destroyer
5FOG|Grillz
XSL|SonDula

49th:
GuiExceptional
Gooseroni
UA|Tom Brady (Sub-Zero - Grandmaster)
Syknis
EXiLE|Sanix
Skadoodley
S Faka
YOMI|MIT
SorryK9OMG
EVB|KitanaPrime
Trukini
Greguu
YOMI|ForeverKing Jr.
EVB|Noobe
TSD|ioRoS
GG|GooGie

IMG_20160717_144954.jpg

Evo_MKX.jpg

Attachments

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Final Form of SonicFox was revealed and my God was it crazy.
The true final challenge of MKX...Sonic Fox so serious he tosses aside the hat and is using Alien.
I've never seen him pushed so far before. That is by FAR the most difficult fight I've ever seen Sonicfox face.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
GG Tekkenmaster. You were badass in your showing. BG Kotal was entertaining to watch, and I'm just going to say it the last minute Alien pick was hypekilling, even though if I was Sonic, I would have done the same pick. It doesn't make it any less dumb though.

Lokheit

Noob
Such an epic top8, not S tiers, finals were so close (huge props to Tekken Master)... and then you realize if Sonic were using Acidic all the time he probably wouldn't have lost a single round during the whole thing.

He is so good that he didn't need to use him until the last round of the finals reset, and congratulations to him for not trying it until the very very very end, the guy is just amazing. It just would have been prettier if there wasn't any need of the "Alien too OP" comments that are surely coming now and we could focus on how amazing all these players performed, but amazing tournament and Sonic is still the real thing.

It's a shame more people couldn't see it because of the hour.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela

_The look_
YO. Best screen grab ever. Sonic going final form, looking PRESSED. Master glancing over, noticing Sonic bleed, looking collected. That was the best set in MKX history for my money in terms of stakes, unpredictability, character switching/counterpicking hype, skill, doubt of outcome. Just incredible. Had this taken place at 2pm PST or something, the entire FGC would've been buzzing heavy over it.

Proud of the MKX Top 8, there were nerves and a little sloppiness at times, but all in all, an incredible representation of the MK community. Props to all competitors, shit gave me goosebumps.

omooba

fear the moobs
sonic fox is such a scrub. this is like the 3rd time he's been down in a tournament and switched to the most broke character in the game. first tanya then alien and another alien like bruh. props to tekken master. dude was hype as fuck