What's new

MKXL Results from Evo 2016

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
That's just what you get with fighting games, the balancing will never be absolutely perfect. Unlike shooter games like halo where it's a completely even playing field, when money is involved people will do whatever they can to win.

Other than the alien pick, it was a great tournament. Sonic still the goat even with that alien pick
its a completely even playing field here as well

everyone owns the same game

restricting yourself from playing who you think is the strongest character is no different to restricting yourself from using the strongest guns

its a completely even playing field here as well

everyone owns the same game

restricting yourself from playing who you think is the strongest character is no different to restricting yourself from using the strongest guns
Yea you have a point, but I still feel like there is a slight difference. For example, in halo 5, there is no 1 weapon that is as strong as alien is in this game. Most of the time, the tier 3 power weapons you can't even just "pick" to use them, you have to fight over them when they spawn, unlike in mk where you just pick it. So by even I mean everyone starts off with the same gun, no advantages. A better example would be call of duty to mkx, where you get to pick your weapon. But halo, you have to fight for, let's say the rocket launcher

But I get your point, I think it would just be stupid of everyone said "well alien is one of the best characters in the game I'll pick alien"

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I watched the whole finals. The first was when Michelangelo (?) did beat Dragon, the 2nd with that French guy against Scar, and the final was when that French guy almost killed the Final Boss, Sonic Fox. It was the first time pulling his hat off and has gotten furious and serious. I have never been in that much hype after these fights.

My prediction was spot on. I predicted in the EVO Predictions thread that SonicFox would win with Alien Acidic.

zabugi

The only Real Master
As far as im concerned all you pro mkx players cant do shit as in trash. Letting the sonic fox mop u then mop you the mop u then mop u then mop u a mighty more in all the major mkxl tourneys. Im no pro player but guys...come on. Kit, final round, esl seasons 123, ceo all in 2016. In scorpions harpoon move voice 'GET OUTTA HERE'. If he quits mk now no one can be like him. Congrats fox.

Tanya and Tremor the only good ones? Dude the Triborg is the most badass thing ever! And agreed about guests for the most part. I love the Alien lore and the movies, and the Xenomorph is my favorite movie monster, but I don't really think he was meant for a fighting game. Predator and Jason were great additions, but beyond them, I agree guests suck.
Triborg was the best of KP2 of course, but still think it could've been better. I also don't like the idea of character merge. The Alien lore is so freaking cool, but I really hate how OP they are. Kinda stupid. If I had to "nerf" something, it would definitely be the facehugger. Make them slower and less deadly, as well as being able to remove it safely and the embryo safely with without host death.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I watched the whole finals. The first was when Michelangelo (?) did beat Dragon, the 2nd with that French guy against Scar, and the final was when that French guy almost killed the Final Boss, Sonic Fox. It was the first time pulling his hat off and has gotten furious and serious. I have never been in that much hype after these fights.

My prediction was spot on. I predicted in the EVO Predictions thread that SonicFox would win with Alien Acidic.
French? What the heck are you on about?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
French? What the heck are you on about?
I noticed a bit his flag on the armside of his T-shirt, but couldn't see clearly to where he's from. I'm a glaukomatic, and I need to be at a certain distance to read everything better. I mean that dude who almost killed Sonicfox with his Kotal Khan. :(

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I noticed a bit his flag on the armside of his T-shirt, but couldn't see clearly to where he's from. I'm a glaukomatic, and I need to be at a certain distance to read everything better. I mean that dude who almost killed Sonicfox with his Kotal Khan. :(

....he's from Bahrain. That notoriously French place

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Ah ok, he's from Bahrain lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
@STRYKIE let me clarify, since you seem concerned about my opinion.

People blamed alien when sonic fox won with erron black in Grand finals. Which may or may not be a valid point in regards to pools or top 32 or whatever but the fact is he outplayed his opponent in Grand finals using a good, but not great (like alien) character.

Evo, he is involved in a classic grand finals in which, in this particular day, he was getting outplayed. Not destroyed. Not "bodied". Just outplayed. It was clearly tekken masters day. Then alien is picked during the final match and it's not even fucking close. Destroyed. Because alien. I think it's fair to say the character choice won evo this year.

Edit: erroneous black lol

@STRYKIE let me clarify, since you seem concerned about my opinion.

People blamed alien when sonic fox won with erron black in Grand finals. Which may or may not be a valid point in regards to pools or top 32 or whatever but the fact is he outplayed his opponent in Grand finals using a good, but not great (like alien) character.

Evo, he is involved in a classic grand finals in which, in this particular day, he was getting outplayed. Not destroyed. Not "bodied". Just outplayed. It was clearly tekken masters day. Then alien is picked during the final match and it's not even fucking close. Destroyed. Because alien. I think it's fair to say the character choice won evo this year.

Edit: erroneous black lol
Except for the missed punishes and dropped combos. But hey, I guess those were alien's fault too right?