What's new

MK11 SHANG TSUNG Discussion

Agilaz

It has begun
Dabbling with Shang lately as a possible secondary.

Who do we feel are his bad matchups at this point? Geras and Liu? Anyone else?
Scorpion still feels like a bad MU (6-4 for him) because he can nullify your threat with Ground Skulls. Sure, his teleport is less scary now, but it's a direct counter to whatever we throw out in neutral.

Cetrion is weird. I'm convinced she's a bad MU as well, but apparently a lot of people think she goes even at worst. I don't see it. Once you're full screen it's a matter of who can get their full screen BS off first, but beyond that Cetrion has better range and more mobility. Does lower average damage than Shang but she can get her offense going from anywhere on the screen at any time.

Honestly I also think he loses to Dirtbag Kano but that might just be me lol

Scorpion still feels like a bad MU (6-4 for him) because he can nullify your threat with Ground Skulls. Sure, his teleport is less scary now, but it's a direct counter to whatever we throw out in neutral.

Cetrion is weird. I'm convinced she's a bad MU as well, but apparently a lot of people think she goes even at worst. I don't see it. Once you're full screen it's a matter of who can get their full screen BS off first, but beyond that Cetrion has better range and more mobility. Does lower average damage than Shang but she can get her offense going from anywhere on the screen at any time.

Honestly I also think he loses to Dirtbag Kano but that might just be me lol
Cetrion does more damage than Shang for a bar. And add to everything you have said the fact that she punishes Ground Eruption anywhere on the screen for more damage than Shang gets when it GE hits.

Wonder when 3rd variations drop will we get ninja moves (that so many were unhappy werent tourny legal from get go)
Hope shake gets in out the 4 ninja moves if so

If not ninja least we be able to have better corner game with the launching corpse drop
They need to create a single slot ability that modifies Sorcerer’s Rush into Reptile’s Slide and Crashing Flames into Force Lift. That way he can have Rain and Smoke as well.

But realistically it is going to be Ermac, Smoke, and Reptile. Which is awesome since he has practical KRushing blows and most of his brutalities attached to those moves.

Without corpse drop, soul steal and ground balls will he be a major threat with the ninjas? Iv yet to dabble in any of the ninjas, no idea how they are. I really like his warlock, but it seems to be missing something that makes him scary. Like the buffs or the tornado shoulda been added. Someone educate me on the possibilities of ninjas.

We
They need to create a single slot ability that modifies Sorcerer’s Rush into Reptile’s Slide and Crashing Flames into Force Lift. That way he can have Rain and Smoke as well.

But realistically it is going to be Ermac, Smoke, and Reptile. Which is awesome since he has practical KRushing blows and most of his brutalities attached to those moves.
Well this post aged well)

Without corpse drop, soul steal and ground balls will he be a major threat with the ninjas? Iv yet to dabble in any of the ninjas, no idea how they are. I really like his warlock, but it seems to be missing something that makes him scary. Like the buffs or the tornado shoulda been added. Someone educate me on the possibilities of ninjas.
I posted a lot on ninja moves, basically I have come up with the way to make all their KB practical except the Rain one. There is a 2 frame fuzzy mix off b1d2/b1xxslide with the threat of the overhead KB. Huge damage off any touch.

Are we sure we loose Soul Steal?!

kcd117

Noob
Hoping they make roundhouse safe on block and scale better. Hoping lift also scales better now bc it leads to shitty dmg in its current state. Slide and Shake are nice as they are.

They said he loses all of his base moves except straight skull... idk how I feel about that tbh... I always believed that Shang without corpse drop is pretty helpless in neutral, but if they give him better dmg and the roundhouse mixups I can see it having some utility.

all 4.....how u get all 4 ninja moves ina variation i thought it was only 3 max......i'm confused, and also does that mean he loses corpse drop?
Its one special that has all the ninja moves that counts as 3 slots. The only base special move he keeps in that variation is fire skulls. He loses corpse drops.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Its one special that has all the ninja moves that counts as 3 slots. The only base special move he keeps in that variation is fire skulls. He loses corpse drops.
wow, we get shake but....that really kinda sounds like shit now :/ do we lose the individual ninja special moves for kustom or nah? i hope not.

shang has now a 50/50 and its not fuzzyable since there is only a 2f gap.

he can do b1d2 or b1slide wich is for now unsafe but you can setup your kb that way

Just ran into a jade onLine that rushed down and literally pushed my shit in. Let her put me in the corner for six straight matches and i just blocked and tried to find an opening. Nothing beat her d1 after every string she did. Has she always been this plus and iv been asleep? How is it fair for a character to completely shut down another? Whats going on here that im missing? I had to literally zone the entire time, once upcloce shang had no reprisal.