What's new

MK11 SHANG TSUNG Discussion

If a defensive bar would allow a faster morphback recovery Shang would probably be able to get more mk9 style combos, where he morphs back and continues a combo. Right now you can get these only off long stuns like ice ball or D’Vorah’s tele.
His throw KB would also become more practical

PreNerf_

No labels
I am not sure about the exact frames, but I am familiar with the timing, I can consistently hit Shang while he is unable to block if I am looking for it. The easiest way is a set situation, like a restand, or off the hitstun, when you know he is going into recovery and can’t delay the morph back by staying in a block animation.

Like I mentioned before throw isn’t always a good idea. For example Geras’s throw leaves him close and the animation is so long that normal Soul Steal is guaranteed to expire. There isn’t enough hit advantage for you to safely morphback after, and Geras can punish you with his wake up or at least start his pressure/throw game.

And yes I am the one suggesting the safe morphback or early morphback at the cost of a defensive bar.
I think they should make the morph safe when you do the extended enhanced version.

Opinions on this match-up?
I think it is either even or slightly in Shang’s favor. I am hesitant to say because Shang definitely zones noob and they are both strong at midrange. But the damage difference makes up for being zoned. Noob’s low shadow Amp does as much damage as Shang’s ground eruption amp into another Ground eruption. Any string into Low Shadow amp does the damage of Shang’s BnB.

I just watched Sonic’s Spellmaster vs Foxy’s Matoka Warrior))
Spoilers: it sucks )) just like Spellmaster in general,

hope 3rd variation comes with Terminator patch.

He was just trying Spellmaster against foxy, you have to look for it in the archives, I can link you to a part that he uploaded to his YouTube

Bout to drop this character, currently like 11/22 in kl. I just cant even anymore. Gotten so i rage quit every match and just dont give a fuck anymore.

Agilaz

It has begun
Bout to drop this character, currently like 11/22 in kl. I just cant even anymore. Gotten so i rage quit every match and just dont give a fuck anymore.
Is it because you're losing and then think "I would literally have won without the damage nerf"?

I know the feeling, but I learned to accept it. I remember people were telling me I was exaggerating but now slowly people are dropping Shang and it turns out that perhaps I wasn't exaggerating that much at all.

Even @M2Dave and @cR WoundCowboy are slowly stepping away from the character.

Dunno, personally I think I'll just stick with him. It's not like I'll compete in EVO and he's good enough for KL and locals.

i feel like when in winning with him in KL is because my opponent isnt patient enough or just dont know the match up but when they do im never safe and get punished for everything i do and cant open them up.

i feel like if NRS wants to make him viable he would need big changes.

Agilaz

It has begun
i feel like when in winning with him in KL is because my opponent isnt patient enough or just dont know the match up but when they do im never safe and get punished for everything i do and cant open them up.

i feel like if NRS wants to make him viable he would need big changes.

Frustrating opponents is what zoners do, and Shang still excels at that despite the gutted damage.

Honestly, Warlock is fine in terms of frames. Spellmaster does need a bit of help in one way or another.

Frustrating opponents is what zoners do, and Shang still excels at that despite the gutted damage.

Honestly, Warlock is fine in terms of frames. Spellmaster does need a bit of help in one way or another.
I feel too ,any others do frames way better, nothing shang does is really scary. Luis kicks, scary af, jax scary af. Shang, pew pew. ><

Seems like all the good characters have some unique dirt to exploit fear. Shang needs that, something that make people go “damn i hope he doesnt loop me in that thing”. There is nothing about shang thats to be feared. No string to exploit.

kcd117

Noob
I always did really well vs Shang pre-patch, but after the patch, I feel like he is waaaaay too forgiving.

Before, when I played against Shangs I had to be very careful in neutral bc my room for mistakes was not that big. Now I feel like even when I play bad and do reckless stuff it usually pays off bc his dmg is not enough to make me respect his options.

I still play Shang but only against people that I know are too impatient, and it is pretty much the same as it was before... wait for them to play stupid and give them rope to hang themselves... only now the matches last longer.

Honestly, he feels bad. I don't think he is in good place in the current meta.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
do you play him ? even Sonicfox says his shit. i think his opinion matters more than all of us.
Just proving once again you guys refuse to use your own brains...this is old

I didnt even come here to troll, i was just wondering but of course...

Just proving once again you guys refuse to use your own brains...this is old

I didnt even come here to troll, i was just wondering but of course...
let me fix my own comment his not shit his not viable tournament wise unless very specific match ups.
insult us all you want it wont change the facts. you have the right to not agree with us but it doesnt make you right either way.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
@deathstroke187 you aint even supposed to be posting anymore LMFAO

But anyways its nothing to me, ill just use him like everybody else and find out how good he is on my own.

@deathstroke187 you aint even supposed to be posting anymore LMFAO

But anyways its nothing to me, ill just use him like everybody else and find out how good he is on my own.
i guess you didnt follow up, i lost my match and i said ok i wont post anymore a condition he wanted in then he changed his mind before the match even started i was ready to even get banned he said no.

so now i do what i want. exactly stop saying his good when you didnt even play him. not cause you cant figure him out playing againts him make him good.

@deathstroke187 so hes bad because you guys dickride tournament players got it. Done.
no we dont. i said shang wasnt good since the begining while a lot of pros who were playing him then droped him was saying shang was top 5.

some people are very talented and others labs a lot.

anyway i dont need to argue with you your opinion doesnt really matter you dont even play him. go troll somewhere els