What's new

MK Armageddon Tier List Discussion Thread (updated Feb-06)

RoGE

Noob
Here's what the list would probably look like now, though it doesn't necessarily matter, since the tiers aren't even being discussed anymore. Not to mention, the game is played online, where lag can make the list vary, and not offline, where everything is consistent.
Your telling me that Kenshi can't just do his simple infinite combo on someone?

all you have to do is 33, walk up, 33 and your done.

Online, Sub-zeros impale glitch is unblockable once you are frozen, so its basically 1 ice clone and its all over.

Quan Chi abuses the most broken aspect of the game, 50/50s, I actually win a few matches against some of the top players just by guessing where they are blocking.

Dairou, you may be right about him, but that really seems to be an online only thing.

But yeah, besides that, I pretty much agree with your list, it is much better then mine, and dubsons right, its way more accurate, I just really wanted to dedicate it toward more of the higher over powered characters.

Azuro

Noob
You know as well as I do infinites are banned, due to their ease of use.

From what I've been hearing, Sub's impale is difficult to pull off, and in theory doesn't push him any higher than the top 4. Maybe over Scorpion, but that's pushing his spot.

Quan Chi's weakness is he is raped by turtles. He moves far too slow to catch up to anyone besides maybe Kira or Kahn. Dairou, Kenshi, Sub, Sareena, whoever can turtle can beat him.

Dairou offline is one of the safest characters in the game. This game is more about safe poking and turtling than anything, especially offline, where there's no lag to enhance moves. Dairou fits that mold of the game perfectly.

RoGE

Noob
You know as well as I do infinites are banned, due to their ease of use.

From what I've been hearing, Sub's impale is difficult to pull off, and in theory doesn't push him any higher than the top 4. Maybe over Scorpion, but that's pushing his spot.

Quan Chi's weakness is he is raped by turtles. He moves far too slow to catch up to anyone besides maybe Kira or Kahn. Dairou, Kenshi, Sub, Sareena, whoever can turtle can beat him.

Dairou offline is one of the safest characters in the game. This game is more about safe poking and turtling than anything, especially offline, where there's no lag to enhance moves. Dairou fits that mold of the game perfectly.
I know, I just simply made a tier list for the characters played to their full potential, but then again... 33s would be abused greatly if that were the case, I should have considered that before, that would make everyone God-tier lol

Just forget I even said anything.

*Runs from thread

Near

Noob
I think Stryker should atleast be top of the middle tier. A good Stryker can beat the boss characters pretty easily because of all his ranged attacks and gun attacks.

But remember that the tier list is meant for deciding whose best in competitive play against other players NOT who can beat CPU's best

Good Games to.... KONQRR

we havent played since the first week of mka. which was still the most fun i ever had with the game. yesterday was no exception. amazing games. you will be well on your way once you "Honor Thy 33 And Glitch Throw"

i saw you do 4 in a row a couple times on accident, then stopped. just do the ground combo, and continue onto your second set, i dont bitch about stupid shit like that.

Ill post the games on Youtube soon. but me hosting isnt very fun ; / please dont make me host again, lol. damn camera is bs for player 2 though.

very nice sub, li mei havik, tanya hotaru, jade, sonya and ermac. lol it was fun watching you try 33s and glitch throws after we were done. you were going crazy trying to get reptiles GT~JK~U4 combo. i posted it on youtube so it would help you see it.

once again, great games to my boy konqrr. thank you for the highest compliments yesterday, that meant alot. i guess playing all that mka really paid off? ; )

peace

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wrong thread my man...but anyways:

Oh my...Check is hands down the craziest MKA player that I've ever played!

I have very limited experience with this game and it was great fun to be schooled by you. I learned so much just by watching you. The way you were using jump-in attacks was reminiscent of MKD's 50/50 game, just wow.

It was the same old "lag advantage" problem...that pesky Midway. Like when I hit you with a low attack, I couldn't follow it with anything without either trading hits with you or getting hit myself, but it was much better when I was hosting. No excuses though, you are amazing.

Back on topic though...

Stryker and Kai just suck, are they like side by side on the bottom of the tier list? lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I would normally just edit my above post, but this deserves it's own post.

MKA is a game that is a completely different game offline from online.

Which means that it needs separate tier lists for on/offline. 33/11/GT and their various uses are only available online and it changes the game DRAMATICALLY.

So Check, what do you think? Care to make a quick write up?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Konqrr ! We never got to play man... Let me know when ever you are down, and Check is most defenetly the best ! :D

Online:
1)Reiko
2)everyone else

Offline:
1)Mavado/Kenshi/Mokap

id make a real one, but its just too much work. simply make a chart with a plus/minus system and see where each character winds up. if scorpion beats every character in the game, then hes +56, if he can beat every character other then Sub, then hes +55.

and thats how id do it... +45/55 = top tier +34/44 = high mid +33/43 = mid +22/32 = low mid ..... if it even gets this low. we'll see.

someone make the chart, damnit. start with scorpion/sektor.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Were still doing this ? hmmmm i never cared much for it... lol yo Check we could do an online one when ever your down, i can handle the whole roster, you know that ;) i remember me and Karate used to mess around like that, dam... the good ol days :( ...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good idea, like how the japanese mook magazines rate characters. Make a grid and hypothetically how many matches out of 10 they'd win vs each character then tally the points to the side. This would be a start anyways.

I'm new to the game but I can blaze through the single player hardest difficulty with Frost easily. Her ice slip puddle thingy seems to be very effective but that could just be the dumb-as-hell AI. Is there any glaring reason why she's at the bottom of these tier lists?

Azuro

Noob
Frost's just flat-out unsafe and has to take huge risks in order to even bother dealing damage to you. Her specials are okay, but they just don't cut it.

To be honest I see Mavado and kenshi as low top tiers. Mavado needs to use his hookswords and even that's not gonna guarente a victory. Kenshi needs only his special moves.

Sorry for the double post but if anything wouldn't the tier list (offline) look like this?:
1. Dairou
2. Sareena
3. Scorpion
4. Quan Chi
5. Sub-Zero
for the top 5?

Azuro

Noob
Liu Kang is not top. Solid character, but not top.

Dairou is a safe defensive wall in a game where most attacks range from moderately safe to ridiculously unsafe. That's why he's top.