What's new

MK Armageddon Tier List Discussion Thread (updated Feb-06)

MKR

Noob
could u please tell me some kitana and tanya combos and tell me how they recover in style combos not special moves

My offline tier list:
1. Tanya
2. Sheeva
3. Quan Chi
4. Shinnok
5. Kabal
6. Mavado
7. Jade

8. Scorpion
9. Arshra
10. Kira
11. Kano

12. - -

AKheon

Noob
It might be due to a degree of naivete when it comes to competetive MK:A gaming, but I'm personally still curious about the definitive tier lists of this game, especially offline.

Smausaran252

Omnisafraud
i have to say something in here, but i think chamaleon must be in the tier as one of the first in the list, cus he´s very easy way to make kombos, and the launch kombos, the unblockeable move (d,u+triangle, in the ps2 version xD), you could make a 82% with this character so easy:S
I strongly agree. Chameleon is a good character & one you can easily have an advantage with, due to his amount of specials.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
MK1 Sonya vs MK2 Jax vs MK3 Sub-Zero vs MKT Noob Saibot vs MK4 Tanya vs MKDA Scorpion vs MKD Dairou vs MKA Sareena vs MK9 Kabal

Screw MK10, lets get Hyper Mortal Kombat up in this ish and determine the most broken MK character of all time, OF ALL TIME!

Tim Static

Adminerator
MK1 Sonya vs MK2 Jax vs MK3 Sub-Zero vs MKT Noob Saibot vs MK4 Tanya vs MKDA Scorpion vs MKD Dairou vs MKA Sareena vs MK9 Kabal

Screw MK10, lets get Hyper Mortal Kombat up in this ish and determine the most broken MK character of all time, OF ALL TIME!
you forgot Flash & UMK3 Kabal lol...

STRYKIE

you forgot Flash & UMK3 Kabal lol...
UMK3 Kabal is just really good, there's nothing entirely gamebreaking about him I guess (besides maybe the easiest corner jab infinite setup). And Flash I didn't include for obvious reasons :p

Say who was the best MK character in MKDC?

Tim Static

Adminerator
UMK3 Kabal is just really good, there's nothing entirely gamebreaking about him I guess (besides maybe the easiest corner jab infinite setup). And Flash I didn't include for obvious reasons :p

His spin is broken, all be it everything else is ok.

But MK2 Jax isn't broken. He Mileena & Kang are all tops.

STRYKIE

His spin is broken, all be it everything else is ok.

But MK2 Jax isn't broken. He Mileena & Kang are all tops.
I guess, At least it's punishable and doesn't chip though unlike most BS pop-ups in UMK3. (besides the point obviously, I just think there's characters way more broken across the MK3 series)

And yeah I was thinking that just now. low toe and MBK make MK2 Jax look like a sitting duck lol

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Needs more UMK3 Human Smoke, also can't DA Quan Chi infinite you with his throw? There's also all the characters in DA who can impale you with their sword and just run away the entire fight.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Sub-Zero. Who also didn't have an ice clone.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Also Deception Bo Rai Cho is pretty retarded, fucking throws that lead to 50/50 mixups lul. MK9 Kabal or Lao would be shaking in their boots trying to fight guys from the top five in the PS2 era games.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I never had the chance to play MKA online. Back when I played that game I didn't even have an internet connection so I only had Mustard to play it with.

Although your original posts are ancient, it was a really interesting read.

DanCock

Cock Master!!

No one from mk2 can be compared to the rest of those characters.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

THTB

She is not even the best character in that game.

Off-line of course.
Sareena was like top 2, easily arguable to be the best, even offline. She's just less overbearing offline.

The only characters that came close were Dairou and Drahmin.

THTB

Where did Sektor and Cyrax sit in the tier list? Were they any good?
They were both mid tier. Sektor had nice range and safety on his wep stance, but lacked solid launchers.

Cyrax was unsafe, but PC wep4 had so much range. He just hit scaling really easy too.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Reviving MKA tier thread just because.

REO m2dave Pig Of The Hut Krayzie DetroitBalln DanCock

Let's do one final massive tier list for the fucking fun of it! XD
REO's revised list from DoomsdayChaos and my own notes (the one I think is most recent)

Top Tier

Sareena
Dairou
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Drahmin

Hight Tier

Kung Lao
Noob
Quan Chi
Hotaru
Tanya
Kabal
Mokap

High-Mid Tier

Raiden
Shinnok
Bo’Rai Cho
Mavado
Smoke
Liu Kang
Kira
Mileena
Nitara
Sheeva

Low-Mid Tier

Darrius
Jarek
Meat
Kenshi
Hsu Hao
Shao Kahn
Nightwolf
Li Mei
Johnny Cage
Jade
Chameleon
Kitana
Sonya
Ashrah
Taven
Daegon
Motaro
Stryker
Jax
Sektor
Cyrax
Reptile
Reiko

Low Tier

Ermac
Baraka
Rain
Kano
Goro
Kintaro
Fujin
Kobra
Shujinko
Sindel

Bottom Tier

Frost
Shang Tsung
Kai

okayyyy....uhm.....how did I get that color text?

http://blackdragonmk.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=mka&action=display&thread=37
^^^^^^comparisons/notes