What's new

MK Armageddon Tier List Discussion Thread (updated Feb-06)

ded

Elder God
You're gonna need a CRT to play MKA. I can confirm having gone back to MKDA-MKA on my ASUS monitor that the game doesn't run properly.

There are hitbox issues due to the game not filling the entire screen. All the black space around the screen causes the hit/hurtboxes to become extremely small/non existent. Virtually nothing works. I wouldn't even be able to re-record my MKA stuff because of the hitbox issues on a monitor. Even a simple combo like Scorpions: u2, pc~b1, pc~223, pc~b1, cs~cs, pc~221 won't work on a monitor with all that black space around it. You're stuck playing the game at a very low level.

Just a heads up, since i saw the picture you posted on twitter had all black space around the screen too (MKA). If you can a find way to fill out the screen, you might be good to go. Still feel like CRT is the way to go for gamespeed purposes. MKDA's gamespeed isn't really affected by the monitor. I'd suggest that game.

Good luck anyway. And good shit for keeping it alive.
This! I had arguments with people with the classic mk games and aspect ratio from a while... Arcade MK games should be played on 4:3 and 2/3ms max to be accurate as well.

Reactions: nwo