What's new

Martian Manhunter My honest thoughts

You guys agree?

• Total voters

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
It is no problem man, I wasn't bored at all. I like helping people learn...even if it is through repetitive bodying lol

MMH is definitely the way to go for overall cheapness, although he can be difficult to put it all together. AM and batgirl are good too. Zod can be cheap but is very hard to use effectively and still has several bad MUs. There are actully tons of charecters. The BS is high in this game.
Agreed! Also agreed with TB this game was meant to be bs but they messed it up by nerfing chars too hard.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
God I cant keep up..everytime I load a new page, 2 get added. Who cares!?!?!

Jupiter and Reo are both SUPER DUPER AWEOME players. Probably top 5 players in the entire injustice scene. The fact that they use MMH is a testament to their FG intelligence. Why is this thread still living? That must make me a dumbass for playing Nightwolf and Nightwing...lol

That said I don't have a problem with MMH because my low tiers actually do ok vs him.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
God I cant keep up..everytime I load a new page, 2 get added. Who cares!?!?!

Jupiter and Reo are both SUPER DUPER AWEOME players. Probably top 5 players in the entire injustice scene. The fact that they use MMH is a testament to their FG intelligence. Why is this thread still living? That must make me a dumbass for playing Nightwolf and Nightwing...lol

That said I don't have a problem with MMH because my low tiers actually do ok vs him.
All your low tiers? How does Flyborg do ;)

+8 teleport punch that leaves the screen in 6-7 frames.

Better j.1 than Green Lantern.

Better j.3 than Deathstroke.

Pre-patch Scorpion was the only character with instant tournament results. He was just as bad as pre-patch Black Adam and pre-patch Superman for the game.

CEO 2013 Results

1. AGE|NYChrisG (Green Arrow)
2. FNATIC|Perfect Legend (Scorpion, Batman, Doomsday, Batgirl, The Flash, Black Adam, Cyborg)
3. VxG.EMP|KDZ (Superman)
4. Deg (Scorpion, Harley Quinn)
5. G.EMP|CDJr (Scorpion, Superman, Killer Frost)
5. VxG.EMP|REO (Scorpion, Batman, Wonder Woman)
7. RG|Rico Suave (Black Adam)
7. Saltface (Harley Quinn)
Are you saying Me, Jr, Reo and Deg aren't great players?

You still get bodied by my post patch scorpion with Zod soooo whats your point? lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Fool, my Doomsday beat your Martian Manhunter, and I am arguably the most offensively challenged fighting game player in the history of fighting games.

You are obviously not great.
Maaaaaan, if we could still update our signatures....

All except for Kabal, Cyrax and Kung Lao, your welcome.
No, I said name the 29 characters that you believe Kenshi beats 10-0. It seems you're reluctant to do that for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I also never called you a lazer spammer I was just not having any fun being counterpicked and zoned out all day. Remember I play this game for fun, not to win tournaments by picking the best character. @EMPEROR_JUPITER
That is the dumbest Fucking excuse. Everyone plays to win in a fighting game wtf is this "play for fun" bullshit. Play to win or Gtfo seriously...

You wanna play for fun? Go put cpu on easy and do your flashy combos and not worry about being counterpicked.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
PA: People can say whatever they want about STH, but this guy was one of the best hosts the community had. He would ALWAYS invite people up to his place for weekend training sessions where everyone would level up and have a great time doing it. He still occasionally hosts sessions where guys like 7L, CVS, AC1984, KT Smith, etc etc still go to play.. However, a lot of the time MK9 is the game that gets put in and never taken out. They just dont find enjoyment in IGAU.
Seriously though, IGAU gets boring mad quick for PA. Once everyone starts drinking, we start playing MK9 til dawn lol

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
That is the dumbest Fucking excuse. Everyone plays to win in a fighting game wtf is this "play for fun" bullshit. Play to win or Gtfo seriously...

You wanna play for fun? Go put cpu on easy and do your flashy combos and not worry about being counterpicked.
I play online for fun most of the time with friends in real life.Not surprised to see another drider of a top player like every person on this site. Video games are for fun, do you think it's fun to play 3-7. tournaments you play to win not online casuals that are ment to be played for fun or to get better. Online casuals are often to try new things out. Please don't tell me that wins matter in casuals because they dont

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I play online for fun most of the time with friends in real life.Not surprised to see another drider of a top player like every person on this site. Video games are for fun, do you think it's fun to play 3-7. tournaments you play to win not online casuals that are ment to be played for fun or to get better. Online casuals are often to try new things out. Please don't tell me that wins matter in casuals because they dont
Neither do losses. If you dont want people to counterpick play with someone who doesnt want to, some people find counterpicking fun. Why should you be the only one to have fun?

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
So you're saying you would have fun if you get your ass whooped by someone thats playing a 5-5? There's no logic in that. I hate losing as much as the next person including you. You're getting mad because you don't wanna work harder to win you want easy MUs. Well guess what, that's what your little siblings, easy mode CPU, friends, and practice mode dummies are for. Go have fun beatings on scrubs. Fyi I was a top player in MK, not a d rider of a top player, I've come across people who behave in this fashion and I hate people who cry like this. Don't play good players... problem solved. You're not good enough to hang with the best, or should I said a pocket characters of that player lol. If you learn how to put up with bad match ups then you'll become a better player overall and learning how to build patience vs zoning characters helps you get better as well. Keep practicing instead of complaining. Nobody is gonna give you sympathy just because you don't practice vs zoning characters.

Best bet would probably be @OFIDYAN since he seems to be the only one who can host right now.

Dont get me wrong, ill still play when I have the chance, there just isnt many chances to play here right now :(
I'll try to get something going at my place sometime soon, just been busy with my new job. I'm not going to UFGT, but I'll most likely be at CEO! Need some practice before hand..

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
MMH is broke. Not saying reo or Jupiter are bad. But they have mastered a broken character. I've beaten better players in other games because of the characters I've mastered. Jupiter wouldn't be dominating without MMH. Sorry it's just true. That's not saying he's bad but theres nothing wrong with just saying I mastered a broken character. Adapt or join. MMH isn't easy mode so they deserve the props of mastering him. But a spade is still a spade.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
(IMO) Facts:

Yes MMH is most likely #1

Yes oh tele Is bullshit

Yes random cross up oh tele on HKD/ push/ etc are bs

Yes he definitely beats ZOD and probably 80% of the cast w no losing MUs except potentially 1-2

Yes the character defies footsies

Yes this character hasbetter interacatable control than ZOD w 40% combos ending in MB phase shifter granting a free interactable into HKD cross up setups or orb OKi providing 60%+ into further OKi offense ....yes he has this

Yes Jupiter probably downplays some but is getting better daily at not

....however.....with that said

Jupiter and Reo should never be questioned or disrespected IMO in fact we should be thanking them for existing because without them no one would know the true power of MMH.

It's time we start appreciating true skill combined with a truly powerful character rather than bashing them for winning. I was bashed 3 years for using Kenshi who fits the above descriptions replaced w appropriate wording (ex sc, defies footsies etc) yet no one could do what I did, not even chris G, until 2.5 years after the fact I did it .....yet everyone said it was braindead just like we do w MMH. In fact sub zero was called a 5-5until oct '11. Good times

Has anyone ever considered this????

Maybe Jupiter and Reo are just way better than everyone .........?

i think so . I feel these two are just exceptional players using an exceptional character .

I don't see anyone constantly stuffing batgirl cartwheel and other hard to stuff wake ups other than Jupiter and I honestly don't feel fear vs any MMH other than those two because they evoke it. I've seen and played all of you and mopped most of u up badly, some were close ..... I'll also go back and watch tourney matches and casuals w MMH and no one looks like Reo and Jupiter which further proves my point. Maybe these two are just BETTER than everyone and MMH is fine as a S+ character can be in the FGC .

I'll also remind everyone when I ask people daily "well which MMH are you losing to?" No one ,including myself, has an answer different , it's always Jupiter and Reo.

So I for one appreciate these two players using their S+ tier skill w a S+ character because I feel it pushes me constantly to get better. No player other than woundcowboy has made me dig so deep in the lab before so I thank them from keeping me from being lazy and exploring my character further.

I also ask the other MMH players to step up their game and try and match Jupiter and Reo. We need you guys to and they do as well.

There are current MMHs constantly getting better that can catch up soon if they continue to work hard and those MMH players, to name some, are blak felow, storm the gates , roostak, kinetic balding , rebelo and others

Also I specifically ask the Break when commentating to give Jupiter more credit for being an outstanding player rather than ever insinuating he's winning because of his "bs character"

I'll also throw Rico some props though, dude doesn't really practice all that much but probably does 2nd-3rd best vs Jupiter w Aquaman. Says a lot.

Anyway, some of you will disagree and that's ok but I for one will support these guys and their success.

But I'm still gonna blow all the other MMHs up if I beat you :)

Just saw this, I agree with pretty much everything you said, and thanks for the shout-out. The fact is that Jupiter (and other MMH's, but Jupiter is light years ahead of everyone imo) are just really good fucking players that happen to have put in the time with MMH, who is a great character. When you combine the two you get a pretty damn strong force to deal with, but it doesn't mean its "broken and can't be stopped". It also doesnt mean that MMH is some key-turn solution, where you can just pick him up and be amazing, he takes a strong understanding of the character, execution, and practice to play at a high level, just like every other character. I emulate guys like Jupiter and try to learn from them so I can play at that high level. It's hard when you don' have a local scene and have to play XBL when you can get away with shit and form bad habits (not trying to make excuses). I also have my own style which both helps/hurts me in certain situations. Either way I hope to one day be on the level with some of the great mmh's out there. I also just moved to northern California so expect to see a lot more of me at tournament, it will be much easier for me to attend events living here than when I was living in Minnesota. Your anger is misplaced.

Hades

Noob
Fool, my Doomsday beat your Martian Manhunter, and I am arguably the most offensively challenged fighting game player in the history of fighting games.

You are obviously not great.
Hahaha 'i am arguably the most offensively challenged fighting game player in the history of fighting games' that comment is absolute gold.

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
This is just what the community needs. It really is sad that a player such as jupiter and others like him, who work very hard at what they do, and the community says "fuck ya" do it with Lobo and then we MIGHT be impressed. I have watched jupiter play, and the stuff he was doing looks so far from easy mode......He deserves credit, for the hard work and the wins - And as it was said, for showing the community what a top character is capable of.

REO - I didn't get why everyone whined about MMHs teleport either. The first time I watched jupiter play, I kept saying to myself that the orb setups was the clincher, that was what was not being stopped the most, and that was alot of where jupiter got his damage in. They do not always work, and mad ass fucking props too because the set ups I saw, he reacted when they ACTUALLY DID hit and went into an entire combo, which just isn't something the Magical Mortal Kombat Fairy is going to sprinkle on your ass and you can do.

I agree really, and the notion that Top Tier is easy does need to go, up until this last year I didn't even realize it myself, but it is true.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

It's time for people to stop being so damn narrow minded and just accept the fact that they're being outplayed by the person controlling the character, not just the character themselves. If that were the case, anyone could pick up MMH and start beating everyone, even if they innately suck at video games.

Yes, the fact that they are playing what is believed to be the best character in the game makes it somewhat easier, but give the people fucking credit where it's due. You still have to know what you're doing to beat seasoned players. It's not like auto pilot nets you victories.
And this as well. El nailed it on the head for sure too.....

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
Just saw this, I agree with pretty much everything you said, and thanks for the shout-out. The fact is that Jupiter (and other MMH's, but Jupiter is light years ahead of everyone imo) are just really good fucking players that happen to have put in the time with MMH, who is a great character. When you combine the two you get a pretty damn strong force to deal with, but it doesn't mean its "broken and can't be stopped". It also doesnt mean that MMH is some key-turn solution, where you can just pick him up and be amazing, he takes a strong understanding of the character, execution, and practice to play at a high level, just like every other character. I emulate guys like Jupiter and try to learn from them so I can play at that high level. It's hard when you don' have a local scene and have to play XBL when you can get away with shit and form bad habits (not trying to make excuses). I also have my own style which both helps/hurts me in certain situations. Either way I hope to one day be on the level with some of the great mmh's out there. I also just moved to northern California so expect to see a lot more of me at tournament, it will be much easier for me to attend events living here than when I was living in Minnesota. Your anger is misplaced.
I recently found that a community exists where I live, sorry that all you have is XBL. I agree with this as well man, I am working hard, and I want to just be good enough to fight against the players I love watching....