What's new

Martian Manhunter My honest thoughts

You guys agree?

• Total voters

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
How am I putting words in your mouth when the 2 reasons you gave me were your words? Everything I've said minus the Sinestro comment have been a rebuttal to what you've said.
Your 2 reasons, one of which was exactly matchups so stop contradicting yourself.
only 2 reasons why
stop bitching about matchups.
Just because a character bodies all of the shitters doesn't mean he's top 5.
Zod wins way too many matchups
Like this. Don't twist people's words just so you can have an argument.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
She would undoubtedly be in my top 5 too, but I think more people leave her out of their top 5 than zod.
But in the end it's all just opinion. The majority of the community had Killer Frost in their top 5 six months ago and look where that got us. We were all wrong.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
But in the end it's all just opinion. The majority of the community had Killer Frost in their top 5 six months ago and look where that got us. We were all wrong.
Yeah I get that point, we could very well be wrong in saying he's top 5, I just very much doubt it. He has a very strong claim

I actually never said one word about the Sinestro PB bug. There were many MANY people in those threads bitching and calling it "game killing".. I was not among them.

Im constantly in a "catch 22" situation...

When I say nothing about or defend a "broken" tactic or move by saying we should wait and see, I get blown up as "someone who just wants a ridiculously broken game".

If I say something is broken or too much and should be addressed, I'm now this cry baby who doesnt want to level up or adapt. In fact, even if I dont say anything at all it is almost always perceived that i did say something which is the reason why something was nerfed.

So i'm either seen as or called "someone who wants a broken game" or "a cry baby who cant adapt".. Not saying that you personally have ever said this, but it does get said and is the perception of many.
All of you definitely acted like Scorpion was the coming of the anti-christ though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pre patch was broke

Flip kick -1 lol
+8 teleport punch that leaves the screen in 6-7 frames.

Better j.1 than Green Lantern.

Better j.3 than Deathstroke.

Pre-patch Scorpion was the only character with instant tournament results. He was just as bad as pre-patch Black Adam and pre-patch Superman for the game.

CEO 2013 Results

1. AGE|NYChrisG (Green Arrow)
2. FNATIC|Perfect Legend (Scorpion, Batman, Doomsday, Batgirl, The Flash, Black Adam, Cyborg)
3. VxG.EMP|KDZ (Superman)
4. Deg (Scorpion, Harley Quinn)
5. G.EMP|CDJr (Scorpion, Superman, Killer Frost)
5. VxG.EMP|REO (Scorpion, Batman, Wonder Woman)
7. RG|Rico Suave (Black Adam)
7. Saltface (Harley Quinn)

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
They are not actual 50/50s man. Not even the rush down is 50/50 mix-ups, except for the initial f2/trait grab (which can be MBb3 to prevent both). The trait grab is also full combo punishable, which is fair imo. Also, d12xxlaser in full combo interupptible as is f21xxlaser and b12xxlaser. It is all fuzzyable, and people that play the MU enough can get it very consitently making Zod scared to go in and get anything more than just chip damage from slash.

When we played it was pretty clear you didn't know the MU... But I am glad you are playing again and I'll be happy to walk you through it, but trust me when I say I was getting away with murder against you.

Zod is very well balenced charecter with many holes in weaknesses to exploit (especially his wakeup game and footsie game). This is a big difference compared to a charecter like MArtian who has relatively little weaknesses to exploit.
I just started playing last week. I
They are not actual 50/50s man. Not even the rush down is 50/50 mix-ups, except for the initial f2/trait grab (which can be MBb3 to prevent both). The trait grab is also full combo punishable, which is fair imo. Also, d12xxlaser in full combo interupptible as is f21xxlaser and b12xxlaser. It is all fuzzyable, and people that play the MU enough can get it very consitently making Zod scared to go in and get anything more than just chip damage from slash.

When we played it was pretty clear you didn't know the MU... But I am glad you are playing again and I'll be happy to walk you through it, but trust me when I say I was getting away with murder against you.

Zod is very well balenced charecter with many holes in weaknesses to exploit (especially his wakeup game and footsie game). This is a big difference compared to a charecter like MArtian who has relatively little weaknesses to exploit.
I just started playing again 2 weeks ago. Both my pad and adapter are broke but once I get new ones will start practicing the game again.

Thanks for having the patience to play me. I know you were probably bored since your level is way higher than mine. I only have a very basic understanding of this game but looking forward to grinding out matches like we did with MK9 Kabal vs KL lol.

I'm thinking of maining 3 chars right now, the cheapest ones MMH, AM and Zod but most likely MMH and Batman.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
IMO Zod is easy top 5, maybe top 3. Fantastic zoning, keep-away, interactable control, and probably the best trait in the game.

People will adapt to Zod, though. You can block everything he does on reaction. He does a ton of chip that you pretty much have to accept, but if you know how to block against him it's hard for him to open you up (kind of like Aquaman).

Last edited:

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Maybe im dumb but why does it matter so much whos in top 5? Also why do people get so defensive if someone says their character is top 5? Is it a downplaying thing?
I see that your join date is the summer of 2013. Allow me to enlighten you: I came around here when MK9 first dropped and quickly discovered that, for some reason, this is the most numbers-obsessed community in the FGC haha. Knowing exactly who is and isn't top 5 and 10 - and knowing every matchup number and arguing it until the end of time - is infinitely more important than actually playing the game.

------

On the topic of MMH: the biggest problem this community has is simply that the top tier player base is small. It's a lot harder to fully flesh out a game when there are only 1-3 top tier players of a character. Simply getting solid matchup experience becomes problematic.

You can compare it to SF4, where there are literally dozens of people playing every character at a high level. They're not all Tokido or Justin Wong, but they're certainly great enough to train with and really figure out the match. Injustice does not have that, so in addition to amazing players using an amazing character, there are very few other top players who are truly ready when they have to face these bulldozer characters. The match ends up feeling hopeless as a result.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I just started playing last week. I

I just started playing again 2 weeks ago. Both my pad and adapter are broke but once I get new ones will start practicing the game again.

Thanks for having the patience to play me. I know you were probably bored since your level is way higher than mine. I only have a very basic understanding of this game but looking forward to grinding out matches like we did with MK9 Kabal vs KL lol.

I'm thinking of maining 3 chars right now, the cheapest ones MMH, AM and Zod but most likely MMH and Batman.
It is no problem man, I wasn't bored at all. I like helping people learn...even if it is through repetitive bodying lol

MMH is definitely the way to go for overall cheapness, although he can be difficult to put it all together. AM and batgirl are good too. Zod can be cheap but is very hard to use effectively and still has several bad MUs. There are actully tons of charecters. The BS is high in this game.

I see that your join date is the summer of 2013. Allow me to enlighten you: I came around here when MK9 first dropped and quickly discovered that, for some reason, this is the most numbers-obsessed community in the FGC haha. Knowing exactly who is and isn't top 5 and 10 - and knowing every matchup number and arguing it until the end of time - is infinitely more important than actually playing the game.
Ive noticed this too. Like everyone can be civil and as soon as someone mentions their character is top 5 or 10 its like a shitstorm of denial. No not everyone one is like this but alot are. I mean does it really matter? But what do I know im just an online warrior with no credibility.