What's new

Martian Manhunter My honest thoughts

You guys agree?

• Total voters

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Pig? Relaxed state? Dave (with all his begging for buffs I'm making an assumption). By your logic sinestro should be top 5 as well even though he has multiple 3-7s. Just because a character bodies all of the shitters doesn't mean he's top 5. Don't just use matchup charts as a basis for establishing tier lists.

Edit - For the record I'm not saying he isn't top 5. I'm saying he might now be. Personally I have him in the 4-6 range. But we don't know yet.
Link me to Pig saying he's not top 5, same for Dave.

Don't put words in my mouth, I never spoke of Sinestro. I listed only 2 reasons of why I think Zod is top 5.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I just dont understand that when Sinestros push block glitch was discovered Pig of the hut, Tom Brady and a few other "top" players cried hard enough and was hot fixed asap and MMH everyone knows he is just as scrubby as it comes and NRs doesnt do anything about it?

Remember when we said Kabal wasnt gonna kill MK9? Well it kinda did, didnt it?
MMH cheapness is gonna cause lots of people to quit this game...
Nerf the teleport, nerf the orbs and nerf the amount of meter he builds and he would still be pretty high on the tier list.

Oh and normalize Zod while at it. He is freaking ridiculous!
This post screams "I don't know the difference between s+ character and what a game breaking mechanic is"

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Dude he is freaking OP.
Best zoner in the game with full screen safe 50/50s. One of the best back dashes. Huge damage. Why does a zoner has to have that ridiculous amount of damage? It doesn't make any sense.
What character can u not beat him w and which zods do u lose to lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
AK Pig Of The Hut - Zod sucks, We just make him look good and no one knows the MU. The things we get away w are sickening

Dave's well balanced character thread (while he is probably trolling). Come on ... do your research and stop bitching about matchups.

@Qwark28 @SneakyTortoise
Just wondering how many times I have to say I'm not saying this just because Joker loses the matchup. Kinda bullshit that people still use the "Oh, you play a low tier character, therefore you're biased/sorry but your char holds that and there's nothing we can do about it" crap.

I don't even care and I'm not bitching when I say Zod is top 5.

So you're citing Dave's troll thread.

I'm still waiting on what 5 chars are better than Zod, how and what gets him outside top 5.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Pig? Relaxed state? Dave (with all his begging for buffs I'm making an assumption). By your logic sinestro should be top 5 as well even though he has multiple 3-7s. Just because a character bodies all of the shitters doesn't mean he's top 5. Don't just use matchup charts as a basis for establishing tier lists.

Edit - For the record I'm not saying he isn't top 5. I'm saying he might now be. Personally I have him in the 4-6 range. But we don't know yet.
I really want to know who is in your top 5

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Just wondering how many times I have to say I'm not saying this just because Joker loses the matchup. Kinda bullshit that people still use the "Oh, you play a low tier character, therefore you're biased/sorry but your char holds that and there's nothing we can do about it" crap.

I don't even care and I'm not bitching when I say Zod is top 5.

So you're citing Dave's troll thread.

I'm still waiting on what 5 chars are better than Zod, how and what gets him outside top 5.
Zod wins way too many matchups and is too dominant not to be top 5.
Your 2 reasons, one of which was exactly matchups so stop contradicting yourself.

Reasons why he may be outside of top 5? Bad footsies? Shitty wakeups? Interruptable block strings? Why do you assume that because I have him outside of the top 5 that he's bad? And why does this make me fool of the week when other plays share the same opinion? Your logic is astoundingly poor.

For the record, my current top 5 is Martian, Aqua, Batgirl, Bane, Flash.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
How else are we suppose to establish top 5 or tier lists without mu charts?
I'm just saying not to use matchup charts exclusively. The same reason why we shouldn't use just tools exclusively because it leads to a situation where people think characters like Wonder Woman are top 5 (lol). It's important to combine everything when making a tier list.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Link me to Pig saying he's not top 5, same for Dave.

Don't put words in my mouth, I never spoke of Sinestro. I listed only 2 reasons of why I think Zod is top 5.
Your 2 reasons, one of which was exactly matchups so stop contradicting yourself.

Reasons why he may be outside of top 5? Bad footsies? Shitty wakeups? Interruptable block strings? Why do you assume that because I have him outside of the top 5 that he's bad? And why does this make me fool of the week when other plays share the same opinion? Your logic is astoundingly poor.

For the record, my current top 5 is Martian, Aqua, Batgirl, Bane, Flash.
Again, don't put words in my mouth and read my posts more carefully. Only 2 of my reasons.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Out of context quote that he liked? Yeah you're clearly misinformed.
Was referring to the dave quote. Pig may well have changed his mind on the matter, but I'd like to see him reply here and say whether he does or not. The 3 most consistent characters that make up people's top 5 are MMH, AM and ZOD. That is no coincidence.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Again, don't put words in my mouth and read my posts more carefully. Only 2 of my reasons.
How am I putting words in your mouth when the 2 reasons you gave me were your words? Everything I've said minus the Sinestro comment have been a rebuttal to what you've said.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Was referring to the dave quote. Pig may well have changed his mind on the matter, but I'd like to see him reply here and say whether he does or not. The 3 most consistent characters that make up people's top 5 are MMH, AM and ZOD. That is no coincidence.
I'd argue that 3 most are MMH, AM, and Batgirl. But that's a fair assumption.