What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

plz make stunt double clones transfer over to next round :rolleyes:
It's weird. Which buffs transfer between rounds is so arbitrary-seeming. Tooling around with Kotal, his Sun God command grab buffs transfer. I don't remember if Impostor Shinnok's stolen moves transfer, but it seems like they do. I don't see why stunt doubles shouldn't.

Do you guys think fisticuffs would be more useful if the chip buff was just a given instead of an actual command? Or would that be broken? Cause I can't really figure out its usefulness.

Also anyone got any reliable anti airs?
I agree with this. OR! At least make it recover fast enough after a successful nut punch. Right now I usually only apply it after ending a combo with shadow kick and zone them a little. For AA I would just use uppercut, everything else is super risky. Jump back 3 is really good but Im not sure if you can punish off it.

Any tips for run canceling?

I gotta get used to run. I've accidentally run a few times online. Old habits.

Should I be holding R2, or let it go as soon as my character starts running?

i just do tap f, then f+block, and hold f+b until its time to cancel into whatever normal. most of jc's run cancels so far involve moves like f3, so then i just let go of block and plus 3 when its time. if you are going into a move that doesn't require forward, you can do the same thing but just hold block after the second forward command

simpler then it sounds!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Now that you all got over how to run cancel and how hard Johnny's stunt double run combos are and omg it's so hard, I want to tell you that my man JANNNYCAAAAAAAGEE is way above run cancel.

His stunt double combo works fine MK9 style.

F24, d1, f3 xx db1, dash normal, wait, f3 xx db1, dash normal, wait, f3 xx bd3.

The easiest thing I have ever pulled of in this game by far.

Last edited:

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
Now that you all got over how to run cancel and how hard Johnny's stunt double run combos are and omg it's so hard, I want to tell you that my man JANNNYCAAAAAAAGEE is way above run cancel.

His stunt double combo works fine MK9 style.

F24, d1, f3 xx db1, dash normal, wait, f3 xx db1, dash normal, wait, f3 xx db1, dash normal, wait, f3 xx bd3.

The easiest thing I have ever pulled of in this game by far.
How do you have 3 DB1's in there and still able to dash normal afterwards? Unless they are so high in the air you can land it easily which with the "dash normal, wait, f3" I don't think that's the case.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Yes I'm a retard, forgot to stop db1-ing since I was typing out of my @ss.

The idea was it's the standard combo, but it works without running at all.

Do you guys think fisticuffs would be more useful if the chip buff was just a given instead of an actual command? Or would that be broken? Cause I can't really figure out its usefulness.

Also anyone got any reliable anti airs?
B12121211

And standing 1 punishes non jks