What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

Be honest, who all has went into a match, cornered someone and just did his Speed Bag string in the Fisticuffs variation until they won? J.C. is still the best for online trolling lol. I give it a week before people realize they can get out of it super easy.

That's how Johnny-C do, THATS HOW JOHNNY-C DO!

Slick Tony

GT: TheSlickTony - PSN: TH3_AUR3L1U5
I found a pretty good Stunt Double combo that requires 1 bar and it must be done in the corner.

Activate Mimic,JIP, F24,D1, 21, DB1,B34,DB1,B34,exBD3,21,BD3 - It deals 46% damage and it ends in a reset.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Be honest, who all has went into a match, cornered someone and just did his Speed Bag string in the Fisticuffs variation until they won? J.C. is still the best for online trolling lol. I give it a week before people realize they can get out of it super easy.

That's how Johnny-C do, THATS HOW JOHNNY-C DO!
I haven't faced a single Johnny yet, but in case I do, how do you get out of it?

I'm actually thinking about picking him up after I unlocked his MK9 costume.

I haven't faced a single Johnny yet, but in case I do, how do you get out of it?

I'm actually thinking about picking him up after I unlocked his MK9 costume.

If someone is using the Speed Bag string and not mixing it up you can hold block and mash any attack that's 10f or faster. I would still go to practice for your sure-fire move since not all 10f or less moves are made equal.

There are other ways too but.. The move is really good lol. It beats some armored specials if it doesnt have it on start up, some characters cant back dash it, etc.. The only worry you need is when you're playing someone good and they exNut Punch, back dash, throw varying amounts of the string or d3/Overhead launch you in anticipation of you trying to counter the string.

Here, I uploaded a video -

This is super cheesy and wont work against high level players without mixing them up but its still hella funny right now. Enjoy it while it last!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Yes if you actually hold block for more than a nanosecond (which most online people have trouble doing) you will get pushed out of Johnny's fisticuffs string range and he will whiff, allowing you to full combo punish at your leisure.

Beach

La mejor playa
So what's the general idea on BnB's in Fisticuffs? Pretty much all I've seen on these boards is crazy corner combos in mimic. More importantly what are ways to block pressure people when I'm up close, and what strings would people recommend for spacing and punishing and setting up knuckles? Oh final thing, what is the best way to act after nut punching someone, sadly the days of F3 after are gone.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Is anyone else finding his mimic input weird?

I can input every other move 100% but this seems to randomly just not come out. Even if I have clean D B 4 inputs in the command list?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Anyone have the Johnny Krypt locations for costumes?
1, 6 in Shao Kahn's tomb 1470 coins.

Speaking of which, does anyone actually use any costume besides Tournament(MK9)? For story his other costumes look fine, but fighting in them just doesn't look right IMO, unlike Tournament Cage.

M.D.

The mimic has a delay, you can't just summon it constantly.

I find it annoying that they put clear delays in some moves, but you have no visual cue whatsoever that it's on cooldown.

It happens with Johnny's mimic, and reptile's basilisk most of the time.

Fergus

Ooooo that explains a lot, I thought I was going mad.

Yeah they really should put a meter or something for his mimic's cooldown.

Assuming they dont patch out the OS is anyone trying to figure them out?

These things are really weird.

113, [Option Select]Xray - This only works if they get hit by the first or second punch first. If they only get hit by the low the Xray wont come out. If they duck the first two hits for whatever reason it'll always come out whether they block the low or not.

EDIT -

I mean its probably not that useful in any way but he might have more that are useful. So far I found another one that allows you to OS into the nutpunch and if its blocked it does his Xray which could be useful but is also pretty much useless lmao.

Last edited:

IMurdocI

GreenMan
Does johnny have a combo out of a low beside 113-nutpunch? I have trouble with people blocking high all the time!

Fergus

What are you guys using as low options to complement his F2,4?

Or is he more of a chip/frame trap based character over mixup one? Seems like that to me.

JC is like Smoke from MK9. Just keep smacking them with low pokes until they block low then launch them with your overhead.

113 is High-Mid-Low (unsafe)
114 is High-Mid-Mid (safe)
f24 is Overhead-Mid (safe)

11 is 0 on block so you can do things like 11, d3/d4/throw. Once they start blocking that you can do 11, f24. I would only do 113 if you have meter and are prepared to use exForceball. Also using 114 sometimes will help prevent them from trying to poke out.

Also a sweet way I get people to block low is to d4, run cancel. If they get hit by your d4 they must block your next d4 otherwise they'll get hit by it again. If you do it fast enough they cant even back dash it. So once you get good at d4, run cancel you start throwing in overhead launchers(or time a throw) after doing a cancel. Sadly you can only do 3 cancels before you run out of stamina.

M.D.

Ughh 114 is high mid high ? Because I keep getting uppercuted at the 4 :(

MK-NBB

My YouTubeChannel: MKNBB.tv
Hey guyz,

I created 2 videos for meterless combos and 1bar combos with Johnny Cage (Stunt Double)

Many different ways and starters! On Midscreen and in the corner!

I hope the videos helps to find ur favourite combo

So check it out ;)

METERLESS COMBO COMPILATION

1xBAR COMBO COMPILATION

Do you guys think fisticuffs would be more useful if the chip buff was just a given instead of an actual command? Or would that be broken? Cause I can't really figure out its usefulness.

Also anyone got any reliable anti airs?