What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Hey guys well I'm sure you all have heard lately that I have a new main & guess what. It's true. I'm joining the ranks with the fellow Jason players. I main Slasher but I can use all three variations if needed.

Hope you guys will welcome me with open arms. Tired of the Mileena community, the character, & I can't wait to spread a reign of terror with our Hockey Masked Killer.

Parasurama

Dragon
Hey guys well I'm sure you all have heard lately that I have a new main & guess what. It's true. I'm joining the ranks with the fellow Jason players. I main Slasher but I can use all three variations if needed.

Hope you guys will welcome me with open arms. Tired of the Mileena community, the character, & I can't wait to spread a reign of terror with our Hockey Masked Killer.
Hey man. That's awesome. What prompted the switch, when Mileena seems to be on top right now? Open arms- of course. Jason loves (bear)hugs lol. I wanna look at Slasher too, I have been playing with the other 2.

Guys in all honesty which variation do you guys consider Jason's best? Also where would you rank Jason in the game? Top tier? Middle tier? Bottom tier? Trash tier?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Guys in all honesty which variation do you guys consider Jason's best? Also where would you rank Jason in the game? Top tier? Middle tier? Bottom tier? Trash tier?
Jason is solid mid-tier and one of the better balanced characters in MKX, overall.

As for his best variation, I think it's a toss-up between Relentless and Unstoppable. However, Slasher is also viable and solid mid-tier, as well. Ultimately, the designation of Jason's best variation comes down to match-ups. Jason is one of the few MKX characters with 3 usable, fully-functional variations.

E

Eldriken

I think Jason's variations go like this from best to worst: Unstoppable > Relentless > Slasher.

However, keep in mind that Slasher is still a really good variation for Jason. But Unstoppable just takes the cake. He gets Superman's trait with no cooldown (just gotta activate it safely :p), which no other character has. If he has his damage buff active, there is simply no waking up or using X-Rays.

I really need to start using him more.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I think Jason's variations go like this from best to worst: Unstoppable > Relentless > Slasher.

However, keep in mind that Slasher is still a really good variation for Jason. But Unstoppable just takes the cake. He gets Superman's trait with no cooldown (just gotta activate it safely :p), which no other character has. If he has his damage buff active, there is simply no waking up or using X-Rays.

I really need to start using him more.
Slasher is not his worst variation, It's just different. It might not have the awesome buffs but it gives him dominating reach on his jump ins punches, uppercut and neutral control. His b1 is 9f mid with a stagger similar to mileena's which not to much people know/use.

Welcome aboard, Brother.

E

Eldriken

Slasher is not his worst variation, It's just different. It might not have the awesome buffs but it gives him dominating reach on his jump ins punches, uppercut and neutral control. His b1 is 9f mid with a stagger similar to mileena's which not to much people know/use.

Welcome aboard, Brother.
Different strokes and all that. I think all of his variations are good and are almost equal with one another. But I feel that Unstoppable is the best of the three.

I need to start playing Slasher again because it's in a really good place right now.

I honestly thought that since slasher has a projectile he'd be the best, deal with zoners etc. And the variation that has the teleport I thought that was useless since it's slow, reactable, and very punishable. Also slasher is the only variation with 50/50's right?

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
I honestly thought that since slasher has a projectile he'd be the best, deal with zoners etc. And the variation that has the teleport I thought that was useless since it's slow, reactable, and very punishable. Also slasher is the only variation with 50/50's right?
Bruh, do you even EX Lake Mist? It has extremely little recovery.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
There's an option select to deal with red screen to an extent. If you do the reverse directional inputs for a special of the character you're playing and press all four face buttons at the same time then you'll get one of your specials tied to that directional input, so for example if you're Mileena you would do FB1+2+3+4 and it would give you straight or low sai (not sure which one cause I don't play that matchup ever lol)

E

Eldriken

Another thing to note about (Dark) Pursuit is that there are only two sets of scrambled inputs. If 1 = 4, 2 = 1, 3 = 2 and 4 = 3 one time and the next time it's 4 = 2, 2 = 1, 3 = 4 and 1 = 3, it will always be one of those when Pursuit is active.

While Youph's suggestion above is your best bet, it's also a good idea to go into the lab and test things out and see what your scrambled controls are like so you can have a better idea of what your buttons are.

Say the scrambled sets I mentioned above are what your character gets everytime. If Jason activates Pursuit from full screen and you press up and 1 and get a d4, you now know that 1 = 4, 2 = 1, 3 = 2 and 4 = 3. All you have to do now is reverse your inputs (forward back for back forward) and press the appropriate button for a special. Or if you have a great poke (Kotal's d4 for instance is 6f), you could try and do u1 to get a d4 and hopefully low profile whatever Jason tries to do or hit him as he approaches you.

I know it seems like an awful lot of work compared to using the option select, but if you're both scrambling to get that final hit, it doesn't hurt to know what your options are after pressing a button.

Another thing to note about (Dark) Pursuit is that there are only two sets of scrambled inputs. If 1 = 4, 2 = 1, 3 = 2 and 4 = 3 one time and the next time it's 4 = 2, 2 = 1, 3 = 4 and 1 = 3, it will always be one of those when Pursuit is active.

While Youph's suggestion above is your best bet, it's also a good idea to go into the lab and test things out and see what your scrambled controls are like so you can have a better idea of what your buttons are.

Say the scrambled sets I mentioned above are what your character gets everytime. If Jason activates Pursuit from full screen and you press up and 1 and get a d4, you now know that 1 = 4, 2 = 1, 3 = 2 and 4 = 3. All you have to do now is reverse your inputs (forward back for back forward) and press the appropriate button for a special. Or if you have a great poke (Kotal's d4 for instance is 6f), you could try and do u1 to get a d4 and hopefully low profile whatever Jason tries to do or hit him as he approaches you.

I know it seems like an awful lot of work compared to using the option select, but if you're both scrambling to get that final hit, it doesn't hurt to know what your options are after pressing a button.
Awesome write-up man.