General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Jason Voorhees' started by Juggs, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ROG Moonspell

ROG Moonspell ASUS Republican Warrior
    Premium Supporter

Steam:
    moonspell_pl
    I apologize, I misread your post. I must've missed my morning medicine. Shortly someone will provide you with proper answer to your dilemma :D

2. Bleu231

Bleu231 Professional Minesweeper + Kenshi Nubcake.

You cannot cancel Shoulder Charge during its startup. You can cancel a string into Shoulder Charge, but that's it.

3. thlityoursloat

thlityoursloat *generic pistol sound* POLICE BRUTALITY, COMIN UP

If you mean link shoulder charge into d1 in the corner.. then that's not possible any more.

4. trufenix

trufenix www.fightabase.com

Steam:
    trufenix
    I only play relentless, but I don't think Jason has anything in any variation that is dash or even mb cancellable.

5. Xxonemanwolfpax

Xxonemanwolfpax I like noodles, the flash, and more noodles

Not possible anymore, you just missed his days of glory </3

6. ToX

ToX Noob

Boooo. According to REO he thinks Jason is better than when he first came out so that sounds good. How do I cancel a string into shoulder charge? Man I'm still used to MK9... The jump in punch is timed differently on this game and everything lmao!

7. I don't play much Jason, but if you're talking about slasher, there aren't really any good reasons to cancel into shoulder charge. You have the low starting f42 string which is a launcher and the centerpiece of one of his main BnBs. (f42, f42, f42, f12 df1) To keep your opponent honest, you'd have to throw in some f2s (overhead) cancelled into df1 or ex df1. His fastest punish is the b122 string, which you'd follow up with an njp, f42, f12 df1 if it hits. You can also stagger that string for pressure. Pretty much all of his main strings launch, so really not much reason to cancel them into shoulder. If you want the ex shoulder brute, they have to be grounded anyhow. I find that f2 cancelled into ex shoulder works quite well, especially after a jump-in punch or a staggered b1/b12. But I can't think of any other reason why you'd want to cancel into shoulder over df1.

ToX likes this.
  8. ToX

ToX Noob

Good info thank you. Does his EX psycho slash have a hit of armor?

9. Yup! But ex shoulder and ex df1 have 2 hits of armor now.

10. ToX

ToX Noob

I saw a video before the most recent patch of sonic fox saying he believes Unstoppable is S tier (and top 5 if not top 3).

He also said relentless and slasher are high tier as well.

Thoughts on this???

11. ShrekForXbox

ShrekForXbox Scrub

Relentless and Unstoppable are still High Tier, but Slasher is more Mid Tier now since he lost his high damage 50/50's in the corner.

12. ToX

ToX Noob

so slasher A, Relentless A+ and Unstoppable S-?

13. EMPEROR_KNICKS

EMPEROR_KNICKS Master of Kombat(frauds)

Relentless S, Unstoppable S, Slasher B

14. Wigy

Wigy There it is...

Relentless is serious top 5 contender.

15. Few questions for all you Jason mains:
    1) which variation would you consider his funnest? (For the record I believe slasher is kinda boring, but want opinions)
    2) what's his strongest?

16. CrazyFingers

CrazyFingers Havik is Impressed
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Slasher is A man. He has the tools to play this game at a good level.

Snake Sound 222 and GAV like this.
  17. El_Rubio

El_Rubio Noob

best variation vs CSZ? And how to punish him?

18. GAV

GAV My name is Retep and I AM EEVIL...

XBL:
    GAV60
    Best variation vs everyone is the one that is least used right now. Get in on the ground floor.