What's new

Injustice - Boon tweets, "if all goes to plan HUGE character reveal and gameplay coming tomorrow"

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Well, that's news to me.

Are we talking about the OPENING roster, or DLC characters revealed later?

The character selection screen clearly shows 24 slots. Surely, additional opening characters wouldn't be 'Hidden' like the DLC ones in MK9. Failing that the entire character selection screen is a decoy and additional character icon slots will be seen at release.
Hector has been quoted saying that the 24 Character select screen is a decoy, and that they aren't even halfway through the roster when they had revealed 12 characters at the time of him saying this. So I'm confident in saying the roster is 26-28 at the least.

Just because I can't imagine Doomsday or Raven having a little speech like Aquaman did in his trailer, I'll say Ares is the reveal.
It could just be a gameplay trailer like the Catwoman, Deathstroke, and Green Arrow reveals. They don't all need to make a speech. Now, Raven I could possibly picture having a speech. Doomsday...when his vocabulary consists of roars and grunts and growls and "SUUUUU-PAH-MAAAN!"...yeah, no eloquent speeches from him.

axeman87

Noob
hecterrific said in an interview that the menus seen in the demos were all placeholders including the character select screen. He also said that they hadn't even revealed half the roster, and this was at a time when there were 12 confirmed characters.
Interesting, thanks for the info.

Looking at the selection screen, the lay out etc, I would hazard a guess that additional slots will be added as rows at the bottom, not collums, with possibly another 3 slots on each side.

This would give us 30 Characters, meaning we could have another 6 characters we aren't aware of yet, and of course the mystery Female/Unknown.

6 more characters would be fantastic.

I'm good with any reveal, but I want it to be either MMH or Raven. We'll probably get Doomsday or Ares though. (Which I'm fine with)

"Urgh. Rawr. RAAAWR! SUUUUU-PAH-MAAAN! RAAAAAAAAAWR! AAAAARGH!"

I will say this though. From the very beginning, from the very first announcement trailer, the smashing away of the logos reminded me of the "Doomsday is coming" bits from the Death of Superman comics.
I could actually see them giving him a really simple but extremely deep thought. Something along the lines, "You once told me that I was monster. Now, I see mirror. I am not monster. You are the monster."