What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
they fucking did it again. why is the timing for her cancels in SQ so stupid on block now? you literally have to wait 1 sec to actually cancel. beside f112 she is barely safe now after wgc. I can't even get f112 wgc 2 to jail at the moment. do we really have to relearn the cancels on block again?

they fucking did it again. why is the timing for her cancels in SQ so stupid on block now? you literally have to wait 1 sec to actually cancel. beside f112 she is barely safe now after wgc. I can't even get f112 wgc 2 to jail at the moment. do we really have to relearn the cancels on block again?
holy shit, you're right. i just went through the bnbs without testing blockstrings. this is messed up.

i wonder how many variations nrs just outright killed trying to make new variations viable (r.i.p. tg raiden).

[
Yea it's fuckin bull shit. it's so hard to jail 212. Now we have to relearn the entire character again for the 3rd fucking time.

So after 4 months I finally managed to almost learn cancels. WHAT THE F*CK.
Online has few frames of delay as well. So that makes it really hard. They want to make it impossible for humans? I wonder if they even try to execute some of the stuff they put in...
I dont have whole days to learn this game.

I'm on PC so patch is still not up. I'll see. But I dont think people would talk out of their asses something like that.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
so it seems like they messed up pretty much every run cancel character in this game so there's a chance that they'll remove those added frames from her wgc. otherwise they just dumped like 7 characters without even mentioning it in the patch notes.

Snap4

SN4P4
Across the board, it affected every character who has run cancels in their game.

Main problem could be related to the modifications they made to remove the option selects. Maybe you can't buffer the run anymore, and actually have to hit the run at the very first available frame for it to work?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
So, Paulo said that the run cancels will go back to normal soon.
this is being caused by hotfix data on the live servers which are intentionally causing you to have to release block before dashing out. relax it will be fixed
So, with that I think brood mother will get f11xxbbc 212xxpuddle. So if she gets her 50/50 into f11 for two bars, does she actually get damage now? can those be used for krawler setups? I'm excited to know. I doubt it'll save the variation but she builds meter well and those could be busted out once in a while to end a round or make a comeback.

Jermball

Noob
brood mother does have a hidden nerf, they added damage scaling to krawler. I used to use F44 krawler F44 x-ray to finish out matches, and it was 48-50%(i forgot the exact number) and is now down to 42% which is fair because krawler is more combo capable now.

You think they will nerf Venomous damage now? Seems quite high. I am afraid to use it. I am actually afraid to play this game anymore because once you get used to something they completelly change it.

Jermball

Noob
word is hotfix is up for PS4, but WGC seems to be the same window for xb1... is the hotfix applied to xb1 as well so far?

Noob
B34 into 21U3~Air Throw still doing its usual jankiness where it'll whiff the u3, but connect the airthrow more consistently now. If it hits, it's 27% - better than F44 1 F44 ovi and B34 into B12~Air Throw.
Alas, another day.

Venom stacking (total damage tick over 5sec on initial hit/% total added to existing venom on 2nd hit):
Tested with d1, d2, d3 and d4, f2, f22, 11, 112, jip, njp
d1 - 0.5%/1%
d2 - 1.5%/1.18-1.29% depending on move and when it's chained into the tick sequence<has weird anomalies of showing less tick damage when in midair - possible damage scaling on the first tick after the uppercut while the opponent is in the air?>
d3 - 1.5%/2%
d4 - 1.5%/2%
f2 - 1.5%/2%
f22 - 2%/2.5%
11 - 1.5%/2%
112 - 1.5%/1.88% <damage scaling?>
jip - 1.5%/2%
njp - 2.5%/2.34% <damage scaling?>
throw - 1.5%/3.18%

starting with d1 and stabbing once after every tick yields: 0.10/0.35/0.85/1.85/4.35
using the 0.5/1 numbers we established before, this means:
d1 - 1st, does 0.5 over 5 (0.1 increase)
2nd, adds 1.0 over 4 ticks (0.25 increase)
3rd, adds 1.5 over 3 ticks (0.5 increase)
4th, adds 2.0 over 2 ticks (1.0 increase) and the 5th adds a flat 2.5 for the last tick.

this behaviour is consistent across all the normals i could test in such a way, so constant checks between 9f D4, 8f D1 and F22/B1 into spray restand might be quite annoying to deal with, especially with

njp, jip, 112xxpoisonovi is 23+6%
11b2, 11xxpoisonovi is 16+4%
jip, 112xxpoisonovi is 16+6%
F112xxEXspray catches right on the end
Normal spray still shows as 56f startup, very clearly wrong as it combos from B1 and F22.
EXspray now connects full damage off strings midscreen, no longer relegated to corner use only
EXspray maybe being used as a way to bait an unsafe string into a 13f armour break restand?

Last edited:
So I guess you can only have 1 krawler per standing combo. If you do a second krawler the follow up is blockable like the old krawler.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Trying out the xbox editor. I was gunna add more but it started chugging and I got scared of loosing it all, so this is what I got. I might redo it after the hotfix comes out, assuming run cancels are reinstated.

I'm ready and willing to have her babies now. Good stuff.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I believe that Venomous combos may now need to change based on whether or not you get a jump in because the timer for the venom stacks starts right at the beginning.

For example, without a jump in, the highest damage I've gotten off of 11b2 is 43.76% with 11b2, d1(x5), 112~db4. If I do this combo with an added jump in, I get 42% and then have a fresh stack ticking .3 on them. If I instead use ji1, 11b2, d1(x3), d3, 112~db4 I get a whole 48%.

This leads me to another issue, whether or not to use d1 or d3 in the corner. With d1, you can likely add more stacks, however they are somewhat weaker. Whereas d3 adds a stronger stack, but is a good deal slower. I'd say it all depends on the gravity of the combo at the time, but it might take a little work to find the optimal combination of d1's and d3's in some combos.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I believe that Venomous combos may now need to change based on whether or not you get a jump in because the timer for the venom stacks starts right at the beginning.

For example, without a jump in, the highest damage I've gotten off of 11b2 is 43.76% with 11b2, d1(x5), 112~db4. If I do this combo with an added jump in, I get 42% and then have a fresh stack ticking .3 on them. If I instead use ji1, 11b2, d1(x3), d3, 112~db4 I get a whole 48%.

This leads me to another issue, whether or not to use d1 or d3 in the corner. With d1, you can likely add more stacks, however they are somewhat weaker. Whereas d3 adds a stronger stack, but is a good deal slower. I'd say it all depends on the gravity of the combo at the time, but it might take a little work to find the optimal combination of d1's and d3's in some combos.
I mean those combos will become obsolete once they fix the venomous bug, so don't sweat it