What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Discuss all things about our swarm queen. Combos, tech, match ups, her amazing voice, quotes, and anything else D'Vorah related.

BlankOctober

For the Brotherhood!
You know I thought with her Ovipositor attack she would be like Aquaman and his D1 > EX Rush, but the stingers are unsafe, at least up close. I love her F2,2 strings!

BlankOctober

For the Brotherhood!
Has a anyone messed with her low bug/overhead hard-to-block-ables?
Yeah I did for a bit. I'm going to look into it more after class, but the mixup looks pretty self explanatory. I will say this, after a hard knockdown, if you're close enough and you do her low bug, it hits instantly. INSTANT OKIZEME.

Anyone has any matches to share? Or know of good matches showing D'Vorah (as good as "day 1" gets that is obivously)
I'd like to see someone with something behind their skull bone actually play her to get some hints and tips since I'm fresh to MKX.

Black Knife

AKA Blank

Some proof of concept stuff for D'Vorah pressure. Various things you can do into and out of a run canceled Wasp Grenade or Bug Blast. I don't have the execution to string them all together unfortunately so I'll leave it to the execution monsters to do with this stuff as you will.

Altsa

The wasp grenade cancel is a neat thing but there is actually NO reason to fear the grenade itself. It takes so long for D'vorah to throw the thing that opponent should be able to poke you out of it every time they see you holding the bug.

Also Swarm Queens, have you found any reason to use EN Vortex Swarm? It doesn´t do more damage and it has slower start-up. It only keeps them floating a little longer but it doesn´t seem to lead to any better combos. You can easily get 25% with a normal Vortex Swarm if you land it fullscreen, them floating higher tends to make combos more difficult for no apparent gain.

ZinGy

Noob
I dont know if I should post this in here or the combo thread. Anyways, poisons do not stack when you're in venomous variation. Doing a regular b21 leads into a .30x5 poison stack, so its an additional 1.5%

That combo + Poison Ovipositor Charge does not give you an additional poison boost, it still gives you the original 1.5% for the poison.

Weird, but that combo doesn't stack poisons, but stray hits of poison will or another combo like f22 will stack them.

Three Treasures

Black Hole
Yeah, i feel venomous variation is being slept on at the moment. While it doesn't appear to have much tech at the moment, and she isn't a combo monster like the other two, it turns her neutral and poke/high low game into something to be feared. the awesome range on her d+4 low and f+2 overhead become super scary. Her d+4 is hella fast with great range. and stacks poison like crazy, I was seeing 5% poison ticks. Something as trivial as eating two d+4's into maybe a f+2,2,4 is actually terrifying as you're also taking 10+% poison damage. It also doesn't rely on meter for much of anything that i can see so far, so you'll have meter for breaks and x-ray pretty often. Easily my favorite variation so far, so obnoxious. :p

@ZinGy @Three Treasures
Wait what? One of you say it doesn't stack and other says it does?
I haven't tested anything myself obviously.
I've played roughly 100 games with her now going between SQ/Venomous. I like them both especially the playstyle during Venomous just stabbing away with d+4, d+3 and f+2,2,4. If the poison does stack I will probably run Venomous a bit more. The lack of dmg isn't all that awful. She still has good damage overall. I just wished the venom puddle would poison targets in Venomous as well..

Three Treasures

Black Hole
It definitely stacks, just go into training and spam d+4 or f+2,2 and you'll see the ticks go up. It can just be difficult to see in training sometimes as all the numbers overlap.

Not sure what he means by poison not stacking. Doing f+2,2 db+4 gives you 1.3% poison ticks, where as a f+2,2 is only .80% ticks(going off memory, pretty sure those are the numbers) . I think he means some attacks won't stack the poison for some reason, but most will.

I have been noticing db+4 seems to not stack poison for some reason at times, or just straight up does not poison at all or ends poison ticks, I dunno if it's a bug or what.

The way I understand the poison stacks (and this is early obviously) is that it will start the poison ticking at the first hit, and there will be four more ticks (so five total if I remember right). The stacking will happen anytime a move/normal she has applies poison, but will never reapply the poison to get the ticks to reset. So after that first d+4 or whatever, you'll get 4 more ticks of poison, first .3% (1), another .3% (2), you hit them with another d+4 and next tick is .8% (3), another d+4, tick for 1.3(?)% (4), then last tick 1.3% (5). This example giving 4% dmg from poison and three d+4s.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
Didn't think I'd like D'vorah but my friend and I decided we'll pick our secondary characters by doing hidden random 3 times and out of the 3 you pick one, I got Jacqui the first 2 times fml, then got D'vorah and decided, eh might as well give her a shot and she's an incredibly solid character with tons of tech, can't wait to see what comes of her!

Three Treasures

Black Hole
I would love to know what ahh, formula? they use for poison stacks, if it is just stacking poison for 5 ticks then it resets. I've gotten a 20% 5th tick while spamming d+3. I can only assume it's multiplicative as thats the only way a tick could get so high in such a short amount of time. Gonna have to do some serious testing.

I'm not a D'Vorah main but I've been experimenting a bit.

So far this is what I've found.

There are 5 ticks of poison starting from when you trigger it.

Each time you hit with a poison move, it increases the poison stack.

Now this is what I've just noticed and it gets weird here.

You add more damage to the poison stack the later the tick you are on.

For example:

hit twice before the first tick : 0.7% damage ticks.
hit after the first tick : 0.8% damage ticks.
hit after the second tick : 0.97% damage ticks.

I don't know the maths of it yet, but as each move counts for the same damage, it seems the only thing that matters is what tick you hit during.

Numbers:

Oh man this is actually really confusing haha

I don't think it is straight addition as previously suspected... it is something more complex.

Hit twice before tick 1, once after = 1.32%
Hit once before tick 1, twice after = 1.42%

AHHHH nj.P adds 0.5%?

Ok it was a blessing in disguise.

Well I know that for the first tick at least, the first hit will just add its poison damage to the stack, the second one will add poison damage + 0.1%

Tested this by doing 2 x d3, which gets 0.7% (0.3 + (0.3 + 0.1))
Then nj.P > d2, which gets 0.9% (0.5 + (0.3 + 0.1))
And d3 > nj.P which still gets 0.9% (0.3 + (0.5 + 0.1))

Weirdly though, if you hit close to a tick, you will sometimes get strange numbers for that tick, followed by the following ones doing the expected damage.

After that is where it gets weird though.

Last edited:
No d'vortexes yet?
Venomous df1 restands and is very + (17?) so you can vortex off of that in Venomous.

However Venomous lacks a good low starting combo starter from what I've seen. It doesn't matter too much because of d4's hitstun itself recreating the vortex situation and stacking poison on them.

The other 2 could make better use of the restand with their mixup options and dash cancels, but I think the only one that exists is meter burned throw?

ZinGy

Noob
Venomous variation adds .30 x 5 per attack that she hits with her stinger limb. Moves and combos so far that add posion:

d2 (uppercut) (poison amount = .30 x5)
d4 (poison amount = .30 x5)
d3 (poison amount = .30 x5)
b21 (poison amount = .30 x5)
f2 (poison amount = .30 x5)
f22 (poison amount = .80 x5)
f34+1+3 (poison amount = .30 x5)
j2 (poison amount = .50 x5)
j1 (poison amount = .50 x5)
Poison Ovipositor Charge (poison amount = .30 x5)
Enhance Poison Ovipositor Charge (poison amount = .30 x5)

The weirdest property I found so far as mentioned above, is that b21 does not stack that poison with Poison Ovipositor Charge. It still stays .30x5

Random: The highest amount I was able to stack (just spamming moves) was 14.30%

Last edited:

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Only had the game for a few hours, so excuse moi if this is a stupid question, but how variation dependant is D'Vorah?