What's new

Do you all feel jump back teleport is too strong of a tool?

Should jump back teleport be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • I'm a scorpion player and this involves me to think in neutral, so no

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters

BlondeWolf411

Cowboy Pioneer
By this logic I’ll be picking scorpion up tonight y’all I’ll post my 100-0 win streak later with this profound new tech even tournament players can’t compete :DOGE

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
I think they should remove it personally. Having a teleport is extremely strong already in this game but having this effectively shuts down too many characters especially if you can do this and they need to chase you. Thoughts?
Lmaoooo “Remove it”

Skarlet also has a variety of long range pokes, a 10f mid, a low projectile, a projectile that isn't a projectile, meterless 300 damage combos and self heal.

What does Scorpion have to open you up? A 13f stagger that's -2 on block.
You can't compare apples to oranges here. She has a completely different toolset and fucks Scorpion up in the mid and close range.

His stagger game in Reborn isn't even that good. You just keep mashing d1 after f3 until you get kbed, roll out and from now on the worst that can happen is that you get put full screen from the second hit of f34 an eat like 80 damage or whatever the value on that move is.
His stagger game is much more potent in Searing Rage, but that also comes at a much higher risk.

Go play a competent Geras, Erron or Sonya, then tell me the Scorpion "guessing game" is terrible.

Scorpion is just minding his business and making fun of your inability to play patient and smart, while those characters straight up put you in a blender.
Spot on *applause

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet also has a variety of long range pokes
All slow and negative on block way beyond -2, terrible whiff recovery and can't even be used to explore combo conversions
a 10f mid
Lies.

a low projectile,
Also very slow startup, punishable if blocked, used only if well timed against high projectiles, long recovery, works better fullscreen, but can't use it against scorpion.

a projectile that isn't a projectile,
One of her two best special moves honestly and its only good because its not a projectile

meterless 300 damage combos
Lies

and self heal.
Sure, every single one of them cost meter, want to know how much she gains?, 9% with heart pierce 7% universal, 4% with siphon, how often are you getting hit by a 9f counter, a 0ver 20f startup move outside of combos, siphon on punish for sure to get 4%.

What does Scorpion have to open you up? A 13f stagger that's -2 on block.
Same as Skarlet, difference is, Scorpion B1 its a freaking mid, Skarlet s2 its a high, you can low profile it and hit her under, range is about the same.
But do i really need to tell you Teleport Cancel Opens anyone up?

You can't compare apples to oranges here. She has a completely different toolset and fucks Scorpion up in the mid and close range.
Scorpion's teleport fucks the entire cast at any range ground or air. Scorpion has a 6f poke up close, Skarlet to start pressure from a d1 (which its her only good and fastest poke) against Scorpion needs to use 1f links, highs or mids.

His stagger game in Reborn isn't even that good. You just keep mashing d1 after f3 until you get kbed, roll out and from now on the worst that can happen is that you get put full screen from the second hit of f34 an eat like 80 damage or whatever the value on that move is.
His stagger game is much more potent in Searing Rage, but that also comes at a much higher risk.

Go play a competent Geras, Erron or Sonya, then tell me the Scorpion "guessing game" is terrible.

Scorpion is just minding his business and making fun of your inability to play patient and smart, while those characters straight up put you in a blender.
Lies, you guys keep talking like you're reaction gods, no one in this world is ducking 10f throws on reaction, specially when he can walk forward into F3 which is 13f safe and it staggers on block, i think you are the one comparing apple to oranges, we're here to talk about how good Scorpion's teleport is the first one to pass my challenge in the next 10 minutes, i will shut up.

And note worthy, i'm not saying nerf it to the ground, i'm just saying, add more recovery frames to his TP cancel so if he has to get in from behind he has to earn it rather than doing it for free, that's the only reason why i keep posting on these threads.

Why to people act like teleport being punishable is the issue with teleport at all hahahahaha

Spoiler its because he literally can sit back all day and punish anything and everything without committing to anything anywhere on the screen at any time, you can't even whiff string against the guy without dying.

Nobody cares about the block punish.
Let’s make it safe on block then.

How isn’t it a commit if he lets it rip and it’s punishable?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
“Her TP doesn’t do 300 damage tho” - kasual player
Like I get the complaints about Reborn and TP cancel. But I do not get the complaints about Searing Rage. There’s no TP mixup in SR aside from the jump in commit vs jump in TP (which admittedly is good, but still risky for the Scorpion player, there’s actually some tactics vs this that work but my lips are sealed, lol)

Like I get the complaints about Reborn and TP cancel. But I do not get the complaints about Searing Rage. There’s no TP mixup in SR aside from the jump in commit vs jump in TP (which admittedly is good, but still risky for the Scorpion player, there’s actually some tactics vs this that work but my lips are sealed, lol)
There's like a ton of characters that can jump in for free though. Kitana, Kabal, Kung Lao among others.

Please share the tech though, I need to win more mirrors. KL is full of Scorpion mirrors man.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Like I’m not even here to defend scorpion at this point but just to point out how ridiculous some of this sounds lol, scorpions teleport is full combo punishable both amp and not.

Go in practice mode and set him to switch back and forth between this so called mixup and tell me how it goes for you because I can guarantee if you character has a jab scorpion just got punished
you're out of touch buddy, no one is talking about punishing teleport.

I’m defending Reborn, but I don’t even use that variation lmao. You still have people calling blocked amp TP a mixup.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I have footage from the BETA of a Baraka player letting go of block, so he could whiff punish throw.

How are you able to counterpoke a 6f d1 if you can’t react to a 10f throw?
You missed the point, either you get hit by the throw or you will get hit by a f3 B1 you name it.
Point is, if we were able to react to 10f which no one can, we would F.Blocking any 10f startup move in this game, from Skarlet's 44 to Scorpion's B1 which is 3f slower than 10f.
So no one is doing it on reaction, ppl are guessing or educadely making a read (predict) "oh, he is about to throw, let me release block" but no brain is connected to a finger to see a throw in 10f and let go block in under the same time.
Hell no one was blocking sonya's MKX OH/Low on reaction and those were much slower, 13f overhead and 11f low to be exact

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
“Her TP doesn’t do 300 damage tho” - kasual player
Maybe I overestimated you. Because you are seriously outnumbered here. The teleport is going to be nerfed. Just make peace with that and learn how to play the game for real so when the patch drops you won't get mopped up like a baby back bitch. The answer to Scorpion doesn't have a good stagger game... which he does... is not let's just give him a fuck everything tool. The air teleport is shit design and everyone here knows it.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I have footage from the BETA of a Baraka player letting go of block, so he could whiff punish throw.

How are you able to counterpoke a 6f d1 if you can’t react to a 10f throw?
Thats the stupidest question Ive read all day. D1s arent just 6F and done... there’s recovery animation frames and blockstop. Of course its reactable. Its only 6 frames in startup.

The startup of a throw is 10F which if you havent released block in 10fs youre grabbed. Tech window doesnt matter if youre blocking. You realize that nobody is reacting to 10f startup to specifically unblock? The Baraka player guessed you were going to throw him and did an optimal punish. That’s it... if you did a strike he woulda died. There’s no magic god reactions, its that simple. He guessed right and punished the recovery of the throw, not the 10f startup. Nobody is “reacting” to throw animation startup frames and anyone here is a soapbar if they really believe that lol

You missed the point, either you get hit by the throw or you will get hit by a f3 B1 you name it.
Point is, if we were able to react to 10f which no one can, we would F.Blocking any 10f startup move in this game, from Skarlet's 44 to Scorpion's B1 which is 3f slower than 10f.
So no one is doing it on reaction, ppl are guessing or educadely making a read (predict) "oh, he is about to throw, let me release block" but no brain is connected to a finger to see a throw in 10f and let go block in under the same time.
Hell no one was blocking sonya's MKX OH/Low on reaction and those were much slower, 13f overhead and 11f low to be exact
He can’t do all of these things at once. You’re putting too much sauce on it.

Try teching his throws with d4 instead of d2. You won’t be punished by b1 again lol.

Maybe I overestimated you. Because you are seriously outnumbered here. Then teleport is going to be nerfed. Just make peace with that and learn how to play the game for real so when the patch drops you won't get mopped up like a baby back bitch.
I play Jade more than I play Scorpion. Furthermore, I only use Searing Rage variation lol.

I already know how to play the game. You can see me whenever you’re ready. I’ll play whoever!

Thats the stupidest question Ive read all day. D1s arent just 6F and done... there’s recovery animation frames and blockstop. Of course its reactable. Its only 6 frames in startup.

The startup of a throw is 10F which if you havent released block in 10fs youre grabbed. Tech window doesnt matter if youre blocking. You realize that nobody is reacting to 10f startup to specifically unblock? The Baraka player guessed you were going to throw him and did an optimal punish. That’s it... if you did a strike he woulda died. There’s no magic god reactions, its that simple. He guessed right and punished the recovery of the throw, not the 10f startup lol. Nobody is “reacting” to throw animation startup frames and anyone here is a soapbar if they really believe that lol
You just proved my point genius. Whiff throw has waaaaaay more recovery frames then low pokes by far lol.

The Baraka player was doing it on reaction. @M2Dave mentioned someone doing it to him on the podcast recently.

My sparring partner also does it to me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
He can’t do all of these things at once. You’re putting too much sauce on it.

Try teching his throws with d4 instead of d2. You won’t be punished by b1 again lol.
He is not, but the possibility its there, its not that he can do all this, its how easy he gets in this position at the cost of one bar, even when opponent its sitting there he can start this at any point in game, which is a bad design.
I do not tech throws with d2, but just to b clear...

And sadly we can only record 4 options, because there is a third one which is walkback into b143 which beats ppl trying to react by poking with D1
D1, D4, D2, D3, all those, assuming he is canceling if you want to hit him out of wall, otherwise get fucked