What's new

Do you all feel jump back teleport is too strong of a tool?

Should jump back teleport be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • I'm a scorpion player and this involves me to think in neutral, so no

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I think they should remove it personally. Having a teleport is extremely strong already in this game but having this effectively shuts down too many characters especially if you can do this and they need to chase you. Thoughts?

The move is super punishable, practice against the one move and you can do away with your matchup worries with every character. scorpion was very much my main during 9 and the first year or so of X, and in 11 moreso then ever, the decent players all see it coming and hurt me for it if i try running the ports down their throats. nice back-pocket tool, but it doesnt make scorpion a trump card at all.

exflyingbooty

The move is super punishable, practice against the one move and you can do away with your matchup worries with every character. scorpion was very much my main during 9 and the first year or so of X, and in 11 moreso then ever, the decent players all see it coming and hurt me for it if i try running the ports down their throats. nice back-pocket tool, but it doesnt make scorpion a trump card at all.
I really fucking hate this response so much and it not even slightly amusing. You're aware that if an opponent tries throwing out a projectile/air to airing or mostly anything else you can actually whiff punish into a full combo on reaction correct? But yes "BLOCK THE TELEPORT" wow that's very helpful especially since in mk9 the teleport was a high and in mkx there was higher startup then in this game and better movement options to counteract it.

I really fucking hate this response so much and it not even slightly amusing. You're aware that if an opponent tries throwing out a projectile/air to airing or mostly anything else you can actually whiff punish into a full combo on reaction correct? But yes "BLOCK THE TELEPORT" wow that's very helpful especially since in mk9 the teleport was a high and in mkx there was higher startup then in this game and better movement options to counteract it.
I understand the mechanic is frustrating, but broken? you know what to expect. sometimes ya gotta block. scorpions role in your life may be a lesson in patience i love when my opponent picks them, they think theyl fuck you up for trying to attack, but you must WAIT for him to give YOU the opportunity... its so basic. You are forced to play defense. Its obnoxious at worst. Play defense. Its one matchup.

exflyingbooty

I understand the mechanic is frustrating, but broken? you know what to expect. sometimes ya gotta block. scorpions role in your life may be a lesson in patience i love when my opponent picks them, they think theyl fuck you up for trying to attack, but you must WAIT for him to give YOU the opportunity... its so basic. You are forced to play defense. Its obnoxious at worst. Play defense. Its one matchup.
Okay, what if your opponent has the life lead and does nothing and waits for you to do something? What then, he's just jumping back and you have to do something because he/she is more then okay to timer-scam you out. What then, be patient? I'll lose if i'm patient unless i walk him to a corner but then again he could just jump kick me. You can't just say "play defensively" and go "WELL, I HOPE THIS SCORPION PLAYER IS AN IDIOT AND HE'LL JUST YOLO TELEPORT".

I want to make this clear, I do not play Scorpion, I play Grandmaster Hanzo Hasashi. As far as jump back teleport is concerned, I played a game today where I just jumped back on wakeup, they would throw out a string and I would teleport punish, they did it every single time. If they had just blocked it once I would have stopped, but they just had to push buttons.

The issue for me is often times people jump back on a read, but scorpion can jump back and punish you for 30% when their knocked down and have the advantage. I don’t really know if they should touch that but it definitely is too strong

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I would remove his ability to teleport in the air entirely. You do this, he instantly becomes normalized and has to bait you in the neutral instead of doing fake out aerials into teleport. I play scorpion and feel air teleport should not be in anyone’s move list in this game.

Last edited:

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
What then, he's just jumping back and you have to do something because he/she is more then okay to timer-scam you out.
Don't lose the health lead
(jk im being obnoxious)
fast advancing attacks like Frost's B2(? i think that was it), Johnny's BF4, and Jade's DF4 are all great at anti-airing scorp's jump back, and they're near unreactable. Scorpion isn't impossible to anti-air, just difficult. I've also found some lucky success with anti-airing using projectiles against some players, but that could be luck.
You could also yourself have a pocket scorpion and just mirror scorpions you face.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Scorpions only bad MU is Scorpion lmao but nah I just want his teleport cancels more punishable on a read . That one move really controls the entire pace of the game, the whole match revolves around whether you can punish teleport or guess the cancel. Hes not broken but he definitely has more then what he needs to compete

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I would remove his ability to teleport in the air entirely. You do this, he instantly becomes normalized and has to bait you in the neutral instead of doing fake out aerials into teleport. I play scorpion and feel air teleport should not be in anyone’s move list in this game.
This includes Cetrion's air teleport as well. Kung Lao's is significantly less problematic be cause of how telegraphed it is.

This would change some of scorpion's optimal combos in Reborn, but the character would not drop below A tier.

Scoprion players need to be more honest about what this character is capable of.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
inb4 a scorpion player comes in here and say: "You bunch of crybabies"
let me just get this out of the way.
Did you know the window he cancels the teleport its the same where you should block him?
That's okay but, the window you have to react to him moving for a punish after he cancels its the same window he is amplifying the teleport after you block it.
Besides, characters can only autoface if he cancels, jab him out of the teleport regardless doesn't even work because your character won't turn until he hits you.
In sum Scorpion can teleport whenever he feels like, and being at 22f recovery doesn't even matter first because its a straight guess on either will he cancel or not and if you block and he cancels your character autofaces late, and loses the flawless block ability.

Another teleport thread. *sighhhhh

The long and the short of this topic is most of you guys are just bad at the game.

If he cancels you take a throw for 140 damage. Most likely a f/throw if you know anything about the character. If he goes BeyBlade and lets it rip, you get a punish.

His better options from a cancel come from you mashing pokes and uppercut trying to beat the throw instead of reacting.

Oh and if you read a cancel from an airborne TP you can literally go for your best jab punish. A hard read, but a great reward.

I think you said it best lol. Give em just enough rope to hang himself.

The grounded TP cancel is better than the airborne version though. Y’all would still be on TYM crying about how good Scorpion can whiff punish.

Yeah that teleport is too good.

The AMP should either be done during the startup, so you need to commit the bar, or at least not come out on block. I also like the idea of not being able to do it in the air.
Some of his best punishment is linked to having the ability to TP in the air. This is why NRS shouldn’t take suggestions from the community on character buffs/nerfs.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I don't have a problem with jump back TP I have a problem with its hitbox beating every option and enforcing blocking where we should be playing footsie.
Maybe it needs to be a high, maybe it needs to not allow amp on block? I'll leave that decision making to NRS

Honestly after playing several solid Scorpions I wouldn't say its broke but its extremely powerful when used right. It steals turns and if they aren't YOLOing it its far from punishable. Its annoying for me because I play characters who rely on footsies and a good scorpion can scout high recovery moves making it a win win for scorpion on reaction. The Teleport cancel is a S Tier move I'm not gonna ask for any nerfs it just sucks that against scorpion I can't play how the game was advertised. He just controls neutral. I'm pretty sure Scorpion is a slightly bad MU for Shang because he has better range, speed, D4 range, can punish all projectiles on reaction past footsie distance, can punish several of Shang's normals and specials on block without meter (Soulsteal & Ground Skulls) and he can mix better than Shang since Shangs is fuzzyable besides the stagger.

I say leave the TP be but maybe there can be a compromise Scorpion mains can agree on?

Last edited: