What's new

Do you all feel jump back teleport is too strong of a tool?

Should jump back teleport be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • I'm a scorpion player and this involves me to think in neutral, so no

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
you can keep the cancels, keep the ex-ing on block, keep jump back tele, keep yolo tele, all that good stuff...

just make tele a high. ;)

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Lol yeah, nothing like sharpening your execution, just to be late on every juggle and caught in frame traps that technically don’t exist :p

I don’t know how some guys do it.. Maybe just a lot of playing both. Something like Jacqui’s f12 f12 feels completely different to me offline and online.
I knew it wasnt crazy. I hadnt been in practice mode in weeks because there’s nothing to learn, really... but then today just for 30 min, then straight to online... felt like I was playing in a “good” prepatch MKX netcode connection with the sudden delay.

I donnt remember inj2 being like that wtf lul

Once or twice actually. I know you work at the best in CNN, but maybe you can refer me.
Im strictly freelance. poor referances, but i have no company that i feel the need to align opinions with, which is great intellectual freedom. i use the free brainpower to block scorpions hell port.

Can anyone even name a bad matchup for Scorpion? I'm dead ass serious. Does he have ANY bad matchups?
I think baraka is, in the right hands, probably the most capable of presenting him with difficulty, but i need to re-iterate, his consistent strengths become consistent meh once ur at a level of play with no training wheels. Hes supposed to be the guy who easy to play, gameplan works pretty reliably, but hes not much to build on, compete with...

I don't have a problem with jump back TP I have a problem with its hitbox beating every option and enforcing blocking where we should be playing footsie.
Maybe it needs to be a high, maybe it needs to not allow amp on block? I'll leave that decision making to NRS

Honestly after playing several solid Scorpions I wouldn't say its broke but its extremely powerful when used right. It steals turns and if they aren't YOLOing it its far from punishable. Its annoying for me because I play characters who rely on footsies and a good scorpion can scout high recovery moves making it a win win for scorpion on reaction. The Teleport cancel is a S Tier move I'm not gonna ask for any nerfs it just sucks that against scorpion I can't play how the game was advertised. He just controls neutral. I'm pretty sure Scorpion is a slightly bad MU for Shang because he has better range, speed, D4 range, can punish all projectiles on reaction past footsie distance, can punish several of Shang's normals and specials on block without meter (Soulsteal & Ground Skulls) and he can mix better than Shang since Shangs is fuzzyable besides the stagger.

I say leave the TP be but maybe there can be a compromise Scorpion mains can agree on?
The compromise is that hes a matchup that forces people to play differently. i really love jax, noob saibot, cassie, kabal, kung lao, shao kahn.... those are the guys im confident with, and every one of em has to scrap every approach they know to deal with scorpion, but the thing about a different gameplan is that itl work. as soon as i learned to adapt scorpions pervasive presense in ranked stopped being obnoxious, and its so satisfying putting a womping on some fool relying on his hell port, SO satisfying

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
The only solution to scorpion’s teleport is to make him strike a quick pose before doing it, meaning the start up frames would be around 28f to 30f

That way when you see your opponent throwing projectile you can react and catch them in their recovery frames

but throwing it anywhere this quickly is unacceptable especially when it hurts the match pace where people will stand there blocking all the time waiting for it

it shouldnt be a guessing or neutral tool, it should be an anti zoning tool because amp teleport gives full combo which limits zoning characters options, that is very strong to begin with

Afumba

Noob
you can keep the cancels, keep the ex-ing on block, keep jump back tele, keep yolo tele, all that good stuff...

just make tele a high. ;)
Sry man, i am not signing that. MB on block needs to go. Heck they should remove the AMP option and make it an EX move.

I am good with making it a high though.

Like I’m not even here to defend scorpion at this point but just to point out how ridiculous some of this sounds lol, scorpions teleport is full combo punishable both amp and not.

Go in practice mode and set him to switch back and forth between this so called mixup and tell me how it goes for you because I can guarantee if you character has a jab scorpion just got punished
Lol I love the "it's unsafe" argument. Of course it's unsafe, if it was safe there would be no point in picking another char or doing another move in the whole game. 95% of special moves are unsafe, stop it pls.

Last edited:

BlondeWolf411

Cowboy Pioneer
Lol I love the "it's unsafe" argument. Of course it's unsafe, if it was safe there would be no point in picking another char or doing another move in the whole game. 95% of special moves are unsafe, stop it pls.
The threads context is if jump back teleport is too strong the answer is no because you can literally see it happen block then punish. (If you’re throwing out normals and he punishes it that’s what we call a “read”)

In the context of everyone acting like scorpion is the most fearsome character in the game because you have to respect teleport as an option it’s ridiculous. You guys want easy mode wins without thinking.

Pick him up since he’s clearly #1 and come play me guarantee you won’t win just because you have a teleport I’ll blow it up everytime online or offline

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I'm confused. Isn't jump forward tele a much larger issue? He gets to jump in for free, unless the opponent for whatever odd reason feels like going for the anti-air is worth the risk of getting blown up by the tele amp.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm actually okay with the plethora of ways he can teleport.

My only issue is the reborn variant. The teleport cancels are too strong in my opinion. Maybe adjust the recovery to make him safe on cancel but not safe enough to apply pressure.

That's a little OD in my opinion. Everything else is fine