What's new

Do you all feel jump back teleport is too strong of a tool?

Should jump back teleport be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 55 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • I'm a scorpion player and this involves me to think in neutral, so no

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
how is that not a mix? people get hit by shit. watch some tournament play. if top players get hit, it's a legit mixup. end of story. this whole downplaying won't benefit you.
That doesn’t mean it’s a legit mixup if someone in a tournament got hit by it. What are you saying?

If you ain’t playing then don’t even quote me. Nobody in this thread wanted to play, which says a lot lol.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
That doesn’t mean it’s a legit mixup if someone in a tournament got hit by it. What are you saying?

If you ain’t playing then don’t even quote me. Nobody in this thread wanted to play, which says a lot lol.
Play you for what? I’ll play you but idk what it’s supposed to prove in the first place.

are you drunk? seriously i can't tell. if the best players get hit by it, then it is a legit mixup fact. like it's not even a discussion wether or not the move is too good. you're seriously trying to undermine it's use completely. you sir are the biggest downplayer under the sun.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
did you read it?

Cause it literally says what it says right there. Scorp frustrating, and especially online.

So no, he is not specifically talking about online play, because the words are right there for you to read, in front of you.
I realised that but you quoted me too quickly. You're on your toes. Apply this to the scorpion match up.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Wow. Scorpion defense over the most absurd move in the game has reached levels so astronomical that, wait, wait for it,

They argue you can react to 10F throws no problem lol wow. I'm outta here.
Are you saying it's not possible to tech grabs on reaction in mk11? I dont get why that's crazy. The startup is 10 frames, the window to tech extends that. Is that not what he meant?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Oh, letting go of block is a hard read. Yeah I dont agree with that.
Pretty much lol. The only "reaction" is what you said, getting grabbed and then attempting the throw break. Between the 10F and the Frame window it's not that difficult to tech grabs imo. It's just guessing the direction correctly, most of the times a throw that sends you closer to the corner.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Shazzy where’s this stream at

I’m trying to see the new 3-frame scorpkiller Daigo born before our eyes :cool:

Last edited:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Scorpion has fantastic tools. Having an mid teleport with a 23 frame start up is a bit OD imo. If I remember correctly, it was a 35 frame start up in MK9 and a high. However, MK9 Scorpion did not have F3 to stagger, B1 to whiff punish and a chain that can chip you out etc.

If his teleport isn't all that great then why complain when someone wants it to be a high? You can still use it in combos and even fake whiff punish with it if someone commits to a string. What does it even change for you if you aren't a scrubby Scorpion player? Right.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Shazzy where’s this stream at

I’m trying to see the new scorpkiller Daigo born before our very eyes :cool:
I was in a set. In a unrelated note, you ever practice stuff with your character for like 30 min the lab then go online.... Honestly online takes some serious adjusting to. Next time Im skipping offline modes before I play online bro lul

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I was in a set. In a unrelated note, you ever practice stuff with your character for like 30 min the lab then go online.... Honestly online takes some serious adjusting to. Next time Im skipping offline modes before I play online bro lul
Lol yeah, nothing like sharpening your execution, just to be late on every juggle and caught in frame traps that technically don’t exist :p

I don’t know how some guys do it.. Maybe just a lot of playing both. Something like Jacqui’s f12 f12 feels completely different to me offline and online.