What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Sup cyborg community,

Here's something I found recently, idk if it's already been discussed, but you can get a d2 after a mb powerfist, it can lead to great bomb setups, but I made a video with some combos, enjoy

I tried doing this last night and could not get the d2 how many dashes are you doing

4x4lo8o

Noob
I have, but I wanted @Relaxedstate to do it since he made the last one in the past. He's been MIA as of late, so if I have time I'll take a look at other forums guides and see what I can do.
I've been thinking about making a Cyborg zoning guide. I don't have enough Cyborg cred to put out any kind of full guide to the character, but I have an idea for something fairly technical exploring his nb frametraps and how to lock people down that I think could help a lot of people with how they think about his zoning game

HiddenSelectCounterPick

LETS SEE SOMETHING
I've been thinking about making a Cyborg zoning guide. I don't have enough Cyborg cred to put out any kind of full guide to the character, but I have an idea for something fairly technical exploring his nb frametraps and how to lock people down that I think could help a lot of people with how they think about his zoning game

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
I don't think its arguable lol.. Deadshot and Darkseid are the worst. It wouldn't be so terrible if meter burn roll didn't have the dumbest input ever. Just make it Stance Switch + Meter Burn. Also, so many times I've gone for meter burn F3 and got a clash instead. Instant rage.. The mechanics in this game could use some serious fleshing out.

Anyone watch VS Fighting, Kyzertons's Cyborg is pretty lit, but as I felt before, Deadshot is arguably one of his worst matchups.
Hey thanks dude that was me playing, I felt i didn't capitalise on all of my chances I dropped way too many combo's but I think it was just nerves getting to me. It was a horrid match up though and i'm not sure how to approach it confidently. I know deadshot doesn't do to well when he's in the corner but the low gunshot has to much push back on it.

I don't think its arguable lol.. Deadshot and Darkseid are the worst. It wouldn't be so terrible if meter burn roll didn't have the dumbest input ever. Just make it Stance Switch + Meter Burn. Also, so many times I've gone for meter burn F3 and got a clash instead. Instant rage.. The mechanics in this game could use some serious fleshing out.

It's a tough one for sure I'll have to lab some things. I was messing around with the armour attributes of his grapple and it seems the armour starts from the very first frame so it's possible to time to absorb a hit of quick shot or darkseid's omega beam the problem i've found is it's very hard to execute consistently but I working on it.

@Kyle Dixon Just want to say thanks for representing Cyborg at VS Fighting. I felt you played the matchup really well despite the nerves. I was just happy to see another Cyborg player on stream. :D

I've been making individual match up threads for Cyborg for some of his matchups (below are examples). I will start on the deadshot one tonight, I feel like its long overdue:

Cyborg vs. Superman
https://testyourmight.com/threads/matchup-discussion-cyborg-vs-superman-living-guide.65057/

Cyborg vs. Dr. Fate
https://testyourmight.com/threads/matchup-discussion-cyborg-vs-dr-fate-living-guide.64698/

Also @Kekoa and @TopTierBarry have worked on a pressure concept thread for Cyborg as well. Feel free to check it out when given the chance:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/cyborg-pressure-concepts.64335/

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Maybe its just me but wasn't 113 DB2 MB F22 easier to connect before.. that was one of my first bnb's

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Maybe its just me but wasn't 113 DB2 MB F22 easier to connect before.. that was one of my first bnb's
depends on when you do the mb, also the space between you and the opponent when you start the 113 anddddd if it was a combo ender meaning you juggled them

Also, why does ground roomba go away after a certain time period? I was doing a mid screen setup in ranked vs. a flash player and it vanished just as it was going to blow him up, and ended up getting punished lol
That's in place in case if the opponent jumps over the roomba or avoids it, it doesn't infinitely scroll away and leave you traitless for the rest of the match.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

If I'm not focusing on the timing I miss it everytime... but Ive been on point hitting it like 10 in a row, not during a match tho. It's tough but I think with muscle memory it's viable. Btw I'm on hitbox lol so that prolly makes it easier
I had a fight stick but I didn't like it

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Can we get Cyborgs main villain Brother Blood as DLC?
He reminds me of Shinnok, and GL's main antagonist is in the game I think it'd be awesome.

da800don

Noob
I need constructive criticism guys. Heres a link of some gameplay of mine. If your on xbox feel free to add me (Xda800donX). What can I be doing better? I rely heavily on trait, nova blast, and grab. But pressure is a weakness of mine.

I need constructive criticism guys. Heres a link of some gameplay of mine. If your on xbox feel free to add me (Xda800donX). What can I be doing better? I rely heavily on trait, nova blast, and grab. But pressure is a weakness of mine.
I have work so I can't make a detailed reply right now but from the first match here are some things that I noticed:

• I noticed that you had 3 bars at the end of the match. You gotta clash there.
  • When you were in neutral within the first opening 30 seconds of the match tried popping trait about 3 times in neutral. You generally want to pop trait after your opponent respects your zoning, you score a knockdown, or if you get a TA on screen. You took considerable damage because of it, it's the main reason I felt things began to spiral down hill in the first round.
  • I saw at 0:28 you did MBb3 into raw b3. Better to do a followup b12, 23, or a short walk forward into d1 in SD. Although it has range, b3 it has 29 frames of startup so work with better followup options.
  • May have been an input error, but never do wakeup Sonic disruptor haha, he f22'd you right out of it
  • Biggest issue in the first match was your zoning. You have to familiarize yourself with when you can, and cannot shoot fireball. For example the Cyborg mirror if I get my opponent to block NB from full screen follow up with another, they'll get hit if they do a reversal fireball while I'll be able to block in time. Just have to familiarize yourself with counter zoning options in practice mode.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

hey man add me on xbox : I Am Shem

I main cyborg I can teach you what I picked up from these forums, it was also a mirror match those are meh I always try to avoid those for critiquing but that's just me but it does happen so know your own match up punish whatever is unsafe that's a givin , I hope you have a mic we can lab either tomorrow or tonight I'm off all weekend

da800don

Noob
hey man add me on xbox : I Am Shem

I main cyborg I can teach you what I picked up from these forums, it was also a mirror match those are meh I always try to avoid those for critiquing but that's just me but it does happen so know your own match up punish whatever is unsafe that's a givin , I hope you have a mic we can lab either tomorrow or tonight I'm off all weekend

da800don

Noob
Sound good man.

Im available all day until 3:00. Im going outta town until next Monday. Unfortunately I dont have a mic. Feel free to message though.