What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Ayo WTF can we do against deadshot???

This counterpicking shit is outta hand
hes not that hard you have to go look at protagonist's cyborg range system video you want to stay at a certain distance against him it best when you get him in the corner and do air diagonal nbs, you have to be at that certain range youll know once you start doing it to deadshot he wont be able to trade with anything besides mb assault rifle the low option and you can delay your jumps to get away from low shots and if you see him use trait use grapple go in the lab and try to grapple through some of his shots its good to do on read cause youll always read deadshot hes always shootin

da800don

Noob
Here's a vid I made of Cyborg's Nova Blast capabilities. Im currently trying to become familiar with cancelling into grabs/mixups. I performed it a couple times in ranked/player matched but never recorded it. Thatll be the montage subject for my next video.

Ayo WTF can we do against deadshot???

This counterpicking shit is outta hand
I personally feel deadshot is probably his worst matchup from experience (and watching tournament play). I'm currently working on a detailed guide on this matchup, and several others, still in progress. Here's a link to it, going to try to complete it by today hopefully:

Cyborg vs. Deadshot Living guide (incomplete)
https://testyourmight.com/threads/matchup-discussion-cyborg-vs-deadshot-living-guide.65259/

Cyborg vs. Superman (near completion)
https://testyourmight.com/threads/matchup-discussion-cyborg-vs-superman-living-guide.65057/

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I have a big question for you all. Who do you guys second if cyborg can't beat whoever your fighting?
I normally use darkseid I can say he's my pocket. I also use Green Lantern, I labbed Red Hood hard when he came out I definitely need to get the rust off of him. Firestorm I only know footsies and one bnb. And I messed around with Green Arrow but nowhere close as the characters listed above.

Who do you all use that complements cyborg? Also who listed above should I work on or make my pocket character.

da800don

Noob
I have a big question for you all. Who do you guys second if cyborg can't beat whoever your fighting?
I normally use darkseid I can say he's my pocket. I also use Green Lantern, I labbed Red Hood hard when he came out I definitely need to get the rust off of him. Firestorm I only know footsies and one bnb. And I messed around with Green Arrow but nowhere close as the characters listed above.

Who do you all use that complements cyborg? Also who listed above should I work on or make my pocket character.
I use Sub Zero. Especially with aggressive opponents who want to get in. His clones provide the perfect antidote to that situation. It makes them slow down opening up an opportunity to pressure them, slide, f3, etc.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Cyborg has a legit 5050 in the corner. Going off the thread by REO. End your combo with b123 low trait/behind. Then go for 112 overhead launch or the 11 into d3 for low launch. Only downside is that b123 isn't a hard knockdown. Hope that changes in the future lol. He would benefit from a special cancelable hard knockdown.

da800don

Noob
Has anyone labbed with Cyborg and found any changes/buffs/nerfs to his playstyle/moves in this recent patch update?

Peace

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Hey guys I'm trying to unlock the Grid shader, but it says "unlocked through gameplay". I've already linked my Mobile to console. Any ideas?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

how does cyborgs corner game go?
12B2-PFmb-D1-11-11-113-PF or TT OR 12B2 - PFmb - D1 - 11 - 11 - 113 - GRAPPLE - J2 - S3-PFMB- D1- 11 - 11- 113 - PF

OR MY NEW SET UP

112 -TA- B12 - F4 - D1 INTO TA CLOSE - S3 - INTO
NB OR SD - B123-PF
Does 397dmg on superman METERLESS.

A harder to land but not impossible setup by @Kekoa

112 - TA - B12 - F4 - S2 - TA - S3- UPNB- B123- PF
DOES 417DMG ON SUPERMAN METERLESS

Last edited:

Kekoa

Noob

12B2-PFmb-D1-11-11-113-PF or TT OR 12B2 - PFmb - D1 - 11 - 11 - 113 - GRAPPLE - J2 - S3-PFMB- D1- 11 - 11- 113 - PF

OR MY NEW SET UP

NB OR SD - B123-PF

the d1 is way more consistent lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

OR MY NEW SET UP

NB OR SD - B123-PF

i meant like drone setups and pressure.