What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

@pretty flocko I just watched the footage from Hometown Heros, that was great. The way you can get that zoning/TA/Trait game going is beautiful to watch, that's the type of stuff that makes me want to learn how to play Cyborg. Thanks for the performance and the hard work.
I appreciate it man the character is a lot of fun and I still believe there's more to the character then any knows people just kinda write him off he's a very good character imo

GGA Max

@GGA Max I love it, I can definitely see that being useful for background bounces especially. How are you liking the character so far?
He's extremely fun man, he's also really deep, his set ups are great and his pressure is fantastic, his meter less armor is super good too. I hope to travel soon when I have the muscle memory and the right vision for how he's best played. Until then I'll be using him in hometown heroes and any other online tourneys.

I appreciate it man the character is a lot of fun and I still believe there's more to the character then any knows people just kinda write him off he's a very good character imo
Hey I really enjoyed watching your matches back there's a lot of things you we're doing that I need to implement in my own game. I think cyborg does so much better now after the patch there are still a few match ups I'm not 100% sure about but for the most part he seems like a contender.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
IF YOU HAVE THE IAFB ON LOCK HE WINS MOST MATCHUPS BUT A GOOD SUPES AND CATWOMAN ARE STILL TOUGH . I think that even though we are zoning we still have to understand that we are not completely on offence if a nb hits be cause some characters have full screen armor so remember to stop for a sec or two and block because not only are we zoning, they are trying to get in.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I just mean that I can keep out most characters with iafb because its a high if done correctly and the normal one is a mid you can jail it. keep the rushdown characters at bay or punish something unsafe or take adv of the recovery fs to grapple away instead of keep zoning on rushdown types.

This is not really true in my opinion or in my experience. I have them down and I don't really find them integral to success with the character.
I feel it helps out in a lot of match ups, but only in addition with the other tools within his arsenal. When used along side with TA his ground FB's and trait it starts becoming a minefield for the opponent to get around.

With that said though it's not essential to know for certain match ups like the one's you've stated but having it at your disposal will make life easier.

Just curious does anyone know if there is a video of all of cyborgs clash quotes? I looked on YouTube and it seems like every character's have been uploaded except his and a couple other characters.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Has anyone thought about putting together a Cyborg guide thread? Something that discusses his normals, strings, special moves, and notes on how best to implement them? That way all of the information needed to play the character competently is gathered in one place instead of spread throughout the Combo thread, Pressure Thread, and general discussion thread. Some of the Black Canary players set up a guide for Black Canary which I found very helpful.

Has anyone thought about putting together a Cyborg guide thread? Something that discusses his normals, strings, special moves, and notes on how best to implement them? That way all of the information needed to play the character competently is gathered in one place instead of spread throughout the Combo thread, Pressure Thread, and general discussion thread. Some of the Black Canary players set up a guide for Black Canary which I found very helpful.
I have, but I wanted @Relaxedstate to do it since he made the last one in the past. He's been MIA as of late, so if I have time I'll take a look at other forums guides and see what I can do.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
When doing IAFB, is there a concensus on whether it's easier (when on pad) to use the Joystick or the D-pad? I normally use the D-pad because I find I do things like dashes or grapple more reliably, but when I was trying IAFB I was having slightly more success using the joystick. I'm trying to figure out if it's better to stick with using the d-pad, or just change to start using the joystick.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Also, why does ground roomba go away after a certain time period? I was doing a mid screen setup in ranked vs. a flash player and it vanished just as it was going to blow him up, and ended up getting punished lol
Ground Roomba goes away because the devs don't like him I knew it since launch but I thought everyone knew that.

Side note I have some tech to share I cant post a video cause I never recorded it but if you use the flying drone from anywhere on screen and do a 'mb b3 or mb f3' as soon as it hits it doubles the damage you don't even have to hit them with the b3 or f3 , I use it to close out matches / rounds it even does more chip dmg !:cool:

Last edited: