What's new

Cyborg Pressure Concepts

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
There's a lot of room for pressure and blockstrings with this character, with Target Acquired and Trait set-ups to cover your gaps. Would like to hear some pressure set-ups you guys might have come up with. I think we should definitely be discussing this.

Here's something to get it started

set-up after a 112 knockdown in the corner, downTrait, S3~TA, 113~PF, 112

most characters can't wake up or poke out after the Trait set-up because the Roomba launches them for you to combo if they do, and then 113~PF JAILS into 112 thanks to TA, and 112 which leaves you +6, which means you can probably beat everything with B123~DF2 after this. It's not foolproof but its some cool pressure

tell me what else we can do :)

Last edited:
In all seriousness though, I desperately need some pressure setups in the corner with Cyborg, so this is a good place to start. A lot of the stuff I got isn't really full proof unfortunately and is extremely gimmicky, so glad this thread is made

Like what you were saying after 112 into B123. You can do B12, DB1MB for more positive frames. If the enemy's fastest normal is 7 frames, it can be stuffed with 23, or do 2 into DB1MB again to put them into a pressure situation again.
If they have a 6 frame normal, you can do d2, DB1MB for similar situation, but if they do happen to be pressing buttons and d2 hits, the MB will need to be delayed to confirm into a combo.

God Confirm

Like what you were saying after 112 into B123. You can do B12, DB1MB for more positive frames. If the enemy's fastest normal is 7 frames, it can be stuffed with 23, or do 2 into DB1MB again to put them into a pressure situation again.
If they have a 6 frame normal, you can do d2, DB1MB for similar situation, but if they do happen to be pressing buttons and d2 hits, the MB will need to be delayed to confirm into a combo.
that's good thinking, along that trait of though I'm going to try get something fast enough in there that I can end in B231 for +5 and have no pokeable gap :)

God Confirm

I used the beginning of @WB-chan setup with down trait, S3~TA. Let me know what you guys think. I'm pretty new to the Injustice series so any advice would be great. I'm really enjoying cyborg so far!
that is LEGIT! please keep posting, im working on stuff too. LOVE this

EDIT: the blockstun from TA lets you get away with cancelling B123 into Grapple Cross up have it JAIL if you time it right... that is SO smart, especially combined with the unblockable interactible that it positions you for... just one thing to improve it - since you are coming down with J2 after the grapple and can go into anything, instead of going for 112 which has a gap, go for B231 which doesnt and still leaves you +5 which guarantees the B123~interactible string :)

Last edited:

God Confirm

ok, after trait goes down, instead of S3~TA use S2~TA guys, otherwise they can jump out over top of you if they lab the timing (wake up jump out gets you caught by the roomba, but waiting a few frames makes S3 whiff and the roomba is moved by the time you land) Using S2 anti-airs them into knockdown, and then they'll have to hold TA and trait as they wake up.

The alternative is 11~TA as well which is the same set-up on block but will actually combo them for trying to jump out (second hit whiffs so 113 comes out instead, knocking them into the roomba, letting you walk back, F3, S3~PF for around 350 damage), but that does open up a real a way out if they know the tech, which is wake up D1~MBB3 cancel, letting them poke out of your 11 string and then armor through the roomba into full combo - they'd have to have labbed the tech to know that tho lol)

I can put up a little video of what I just said if anyone needs it

Kekoa

Noob
ok, after trait goes down, instead of S3~TA use S2~TA guys, otherwise they can jump out over top of you if they lab the timing (wake up jump out gets you caught by the roomba, but waiting a few frames makes S3 whiff and the roomba is moved by the time you land) Using S2 anti-airs them into knockdown, and then they'll have to hold TA and trait as they wake up.

The alternative is 11~TA as well which is the same set-up on block but will actually combo them for trying to jump out (second hit whiffs so 113 comes out instead, knocking them into the roomba, letting you walk back, F3, S3~PF for around 350 damage), but that does open up a real a way out if they know the tech, which is wake up D1~MBB3 cancel, letting them poke out of your 11 string and then armor through the roomba into full combo - they'd have to have labbed the tech to know that tho lol)

I can put up a little video of what I just said if anyone needs it
This is the improved pressure setup using S2~TA and J2, B231 grapple cross up. The cross up is now an overhead/low as well.

God Confirm

Really cool lookin stuff... what would u do if they tried to wake up and got hit by roomba? This stuff looks cool made me wanna try cyborg
its character dependant, I'm currently putting together a resource for Trait vs wake-ups, I'll tag you in it when it's done if that interests you

Kekoa

Noob
ok I might have just found something INCREDIBLE.

I realised you can jump out after the TA into B123~Grapple. I looked for solutions, TA into 113~Grapple auto-antiaired them as they crossed you up, but the last hit whiffs so you don't get shit, and it would likely lose to some of the better cross ups in the game as well. Plus they can just poke under the 113 and get out before the TA lands, so that was kinda gimmicky. So I was looking around for something fast and mid hitting that also anti-aired : D2~grapple. It AA's them if they try cross up to get out, and if they try poke out, it beats any pokes and launches them into the TA giving you full combo. So there is no way out. This alone I think makes it better than B123~grapple.

BUT the best part is on Block. If they are respecting your blockstring, DEPENDING ON THE D2 TIMING, you can change how far into your grapple animation (and thus which side of them YOU are on) when TA lands - if you are behind your opponent as the mortars go off, they have to block the opposite direction. Which makes it a real 50/50 as its extremely ambigous. THEN, a step further than that, assuming they make the right read on THAT 50/50 - your timing again depends which side YOU land on when you come down with the Ji2, making it a 50/50 off a 50/50 in some cases, all coming off this blockstring.

I'm still labbing it and trying to wrap my head around it, I gotta jump off for a little while - if you are still working on it @Kekoa you should give this a try, recording yourself as Cyborg doing D2~Grapple at different timings and see what happens, this is very interesting shit right now.
At what point do they jump out? I thought our B123 grapple cross jailed? I think I kind of started working on something similar to this, utilizing the TA as the cross up. I'll look into the D2 grapple soon!

Other than that, Superman's B2 and characters with an air dash completely blow up our down trait, S2~TA setup lol. After S2, during the TA cancel, he can B2 and grab us into the air going over the Roomba as well :( And, like you said earlier D1 MBB3 is another way to get out of this.

Thankfully, back roomba isn't cyborg's only setup in corner. TA is an alternative, and using the frame advantage from TA to activate trait.

My point of this is to mix up between the two setups.

Actually, @WB-chan, the same combo setup with TA into back roomba should be experimented more. Remember what I was telling you in our PMs? I believe the gap can be made tighter or able to throw off enemy's timing to counterattack inbetween.

I'll go ahead and experiment with it myself tonight. I had locals this evening so I need time to put together my setup, lol.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I'd just like to say that I really love what's going on in this thread, not only the cool tech being developed but also the teamwork and communication between players. This is one of the main reasons I love this character: the community has always been great.

Kekoa

Noob
Thankfully, back roomba isn't cyborg's only setup in corner. TA is an alternative, and using the frame advantage from TA to activate trait.

My point of this is to mix up between the two setups.

Actually, @WB-chan, the same combo setup with TA into back roomba should be experimented more. Remember what I was telling you in our PMs? I believe the gap can be made tighter or able to throw off enemy's timing to counterattack inbetween.
I'll go ahead and experiment with it myself tonight. I had locals this evening so I need time to put together my setup, lol.
Awesome! I'll keep exploring trait + TA for now. But I think you're right about TA + trait closing the gap

God Confirm

At what point do they jump out? I thought our B123 grapple cross jailed? I think I kind of started working on something similar to this, utilizing the TA as the cross up. I'll look into the D2 grapple soon!

Other than that, Superman's B2 and characters with an air dash completely blow up our down trait, S2~TA setup lol. After S2, during the TA cancel, he can B2 and grab us into the air going over the Roomba as well :( And, like you said earlier D1 MBB3 is another way to get out of this.

damn i knew about air dash but i was plugging the jump holes - had no idea he could just B2 like that tho lol

B123~Grapple jails into Ji2~whatever thanks to TA in between the gap. But BEFORE you start the B1 string they can jump out - right where you B2'd with superman. Try swapping to D2 see if you can beat it!

I tested D2 grapple after TA btw - although you can make TA hit both sides it's not a true 50/50 because you can just hold directly downwards to block either way of the TA hit, and then press away from the corner to block the overhead ji2 from the grapple. I was hoping it would be able to be linked quick enough for the overhead to force them to stand, but instead it just whiffs weirdly because you are too high, and as such D2~grapple doesnt work for a follow up at all as the game does something wierd and pushes you backwards :( ahh well. I deleted the post to clear up any confusion.

I'm not sure what the best follow up is after inputting the TA is anymore would be nice to be able to catch auto catch cross up attemps right there. I'll lab more later

Kekoa

Noob
damn i knew about air dash but i was plugging the jump holes - had no idea he could just B2 like that lol

B123~Grapple jails into Ji2~whatever thanks to TA in between the gap. But BEFORE you start the B1 string they can jump out - right where you B2'd with superman. Try swapping to D2 see if you can beat it!

I tested D2 grapple after TA btw - although you can make TA hit both sides it's not a true 50/50 because you can just hold directly downwards to block either way of the TA hit, and then press away from the corner to block the overhead ji2 from the grapple. I was hoping it would be able to be linked quick enough for the overhead to force them to stand, but instead it just whiffs weirdly because you are too high, and as such D2~grapple doesnt work for a follow up at all as the game does something wierd and pushes you backwards :( ahh well. I deleted the post to clear up any confusion.

I'm not sure what the best follow up is after inputting the TA is anymore would be nice to be able to catch auto catch cross up attemps right there. I'll lab more later
Gotcha, I see what you're talking about now.. Damn thats such a huge gap lol. I have some other cool stuff but it all revolves around that gap. Do you guys still want to see it or is it useless now? lol

God Confirm

Gotcha, I see what you're talking about now.. Damn thats such a huge gap lol. I have some other cool stuff but it all revolves around that gap. Do you guys still want to see it or is it useless now? lol
nah its not useless, this is a thread for building, we gotta start from some point and work together to iron out the holes. But yeah that gap is real.

I set the sequence up the way I had it initially to get out the TA as soon as possible so that the Roomba coming behind you would keep you safe against a punish for setting up the TA. However, it obviously doesn't stop jump outs, or airborne attacks like B2.

My suggestion is we could try things like using a different string after the Trait set-up into TA (maybe B12~TA) to make the Roomba hit during recovery on TA set up, to stop things like jump outs and Superman B2 etc. Might not work like that in practice however and might not have enough blockstun to give you a follow up, but just putting out concepts to make this work. I won't be able to test for a little while however.

Also I'll move on to TA into Trait set-ups later, for now I want to see what we can do with Trait into TA

Last edited:

Kekoa

Noob
nah its not useless, this is a thread for building, we gotta start from some point and work together to iron out the holes.

My suggestion is we could try things like using a different string after the Trait set-up into TA (maybe B12~TA) to make the Roomba hit during recovery on TA set up, to stop things like jump outs and Superman B2 etc. I won't be able to test for a little while however
Thats a good idea! I'll start tomorrow, I'm done for today. But here is the rest of what I came up with today:

This is the TA scenario @WB-chan was talking about that isn't a true 50-50 because they can just hold Down. However, if your opponent is blocking incorrectly holding DownBack to block, instead of Down, they will get blown up as in the last clip. It needs some work, but it's still a cool option!

I thought this was really cool if we could minimize the gap in the beginning! I couldn't backdash, D1, or mash super to get out. Does that mean there is no gap and it's a blockstring with a throw? lol I was so confused.

God Confirm

Thats a good idea! I'll start tomorrow, I'm done for today. But here is the rest of what I came up with today:

This is the TA scenario @WB-chan was talking about that isn't a true 50-50 because they can just hold Down. However, if your opponent is blocking incorrectly holding DownBack to block, instead of Down, they will get blown up as in the last clip. It needs some work, but it's still a cool option!

I thought this was really cool if we could minimize the gap in the beginning! I couldn't backdash, D1, or mash super to get out. Does that mean there is no gap and it's a blockstring with a throw? lol I was so confused.

yeah, that first one is exactly what I was talking about. kinda gimmicky but might catch ppl out

That second one looks legit as fuck im gunna lab that too lol

We don't even have to find a way to erase the gap after TA, just gotta find a way to make them respect it so that we can go into this shit. I thought Roomba could be used to do that but it might not be doable against characters like Superman :( however, against the majority of the cast that don't have airborne attacks, they might just have to hold the pressure or jump out (no punish) and if they jump, maybe we can find a normal follow up that auto anti airs any cross up attempt (that was the original plan of the set-up and the goal of D2~Grapple). Can just write Superman off as an exception I think. This trait set-up doesn't even deal with his regular wake up anyway so maybe hes just unpressurable like this lol