What's new

Cyborg General Discussion Thread

Lanqu

Noob
hitbox would be better but it would take time getting used to and your gf or wife will think your're a nerd. the wild cat has the ability to have the paddles on the back of the controller and I mapped 1 to it and all I do is use the d pad and the paddle on the back so you think less and have a better reaction on read about some of your inputs the structure of the controller is better than the xbox imo but overall its user pref ill post a clip on how low I'm hitting these iafbs [ Warning you need to constantly update the controller with firmware all in the instructions to avoid lag]. skip to:38secs

Did I get you right, that up button can be mapped to any of triggers at the same time as on dpad?

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
From watching the stream specifically I noticed Pretty Flocko do the following / other things that I didn't see:
Used-
(1)TA Cancels into pressure/combos during set ups 'after' a few sets against the same opponent.

(2)Uses B3 into J3 for unclashable dmg/ B3 into j3 xx j1 xx 112 for good meterless dmg. To also set up TA after!

(3)Set up I have not seen before/ Looks like punish but could also be a new set up bnb:

[12B2 xx mbPF xx F2 xx Air Drone xx TG into a cross up j2 ) he dropped the combo trying to use 11 from what it seems, I will look for a follow up unless he informs us].

(4) Utilized TA from fullscreen to jail a NB into another NB into air NB(IAFB) (which is a high) into another NB

[Which gains meter pretty effectively fullscreen if they respect, he did this to every opponent].

(5) Used B123 xx SD cancel xx (follow up combos) into special moves

[Correct me if I'm wrong I had the impression NB Cancel was more advantageous than SD Cancel].

(6) Most importantly brought Cyborg to Grand Finals at Hometown Heros Week 9 :cool:

[Props and Kudos]

Not Used-

(1) Did not use B231 which is his 2nd fastest combo at 8f to 1,1's 6f.

[Side note that's his strongest base combo which is a low starter]

(2) Did not use 21 at all , can be use after poke to beat up a counter poke and put them almost full screen to zone.

[If they block it and they don't have a 6f d1 with a long hitbox you can follow up with another d1(7f) or 11(6f)].

Other than that he is a great player and did a phenomenal job!:D:) . If you have any tech please inform us!

From watching the stream specifically I noticed Pretty Flocko do the following / other things that I didn't see:
Used-
(1)TA Cancels into pressure/combos during set ups 'after' a few sets against the same opponent.

(2)Uses B3 into J3 for unclashable dmg/ B3 into j3 xx j1 xx 112 for good meterless dmg. To also set up TA after!

(3)Set up I have not seen before/ Looks like punish but could also be a new set up bnb:

[12B2 xx mbPF xx F2 xx Air Drone xx TG into a cross up j2 ) he dropped the combo trying to use 11 from what it seems, I will look for a follow up unless he informs us].

(4) Utilized TA from fullscreen to jail a NB into another NB into air NB(IAFB) (which is a high) into another NB

[Which gains meter pretty effectively fullscreen if they respect, he did this to every opponent].

(5) Used B123 xx SD cancel xx (follow up combos) into special moves

[Correct me if I'm wrong I had the impression NB Cancel was more advantageous than SD Cancel].

(6) Most importantly brought Cyborg to Grand Finals at Hometown Heros Week 9 :cool:

[Props and Kudos]

Not Used-

(1) Did not use B231 which is his 2nd fastest combo at 8f to 1,1's 6f.

[Side note that's his strongest base combo which is a low starter]

(2) Did not use 21 at all , can be use after poke to beat up a counter poke and put them almost full screen to zone.

[If they block it and they don't have a 6f d1 with a long hitbox you can follow up with another d1(7f) or 11(6f)].

Other than that he is a great player and did a phenomenal job!:D:) . If you have any tech please inform us!
I'm sorry what does TG stand for again I usually use b231 a bunch just never did this time I guess I recently have been using b1 as a stagger it's pretty good as for 23 I used to do 112 23 or b231 23 in pressure as it catches backdash and breaks armor but switched to 112 b123 and b231 b123 with the b1 staggers but I should continue to use 23 more often as well also you're right nb cancels are better then the df2 cancels it's just a habit I've been using ground drone a bunch recently on wake up after a 112 knockdown some characters you have to use behind drone and other you have to use in front drone also I've been trying to pushblock people into ta more as a way to bait wake ups last thing I haven't used this yet but I found out that if ta is in play and you go for a throw and they tech the throw you get a full combo

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I'm sorry what does TG stand for again I usually use b231 a bunch just never did this time I guess I recently have been using b1 as a stagger it's pretty good as for 23 I used to do 112 23 or b231 23 in pressure as it catches backdash and breaks armor but switched to 112 b123 and b231 b123 with the b1 staggers but I should continue to use 23 more often as well also you're right nb cancels are better then the df2 cancels it's just a habit I've been using ground drone a bunch recently on wake up after a 112 knockdown some characters you have to use behind drone and other you have to use in front drone also I've been trying to pushblock people into ta more as a way to bait wake ups last thing I haven't used this yet but I found out that if ta is in play and you go for a throw and they tech the throw you get a full combo
TG is towards grapple.
I'm gonna try to start push blocking ppl into TA now as well I never thought of that. I will also try grabbing if I get ta and they are up close.
Off of a knock down I don't see it any other ways than that, are you on xbox I noticed the stream was on ps4 just a question.

Does anyone else have xbox cause I feel I'm the only cyborg player on xbox on TYM

HiddenSelectCounterPick

For point 3 what set up was it you're asking about what did I do ?
you did a starter into PF and then did f2 then used the air drone and grappled towards them and did a j2 and it landed it looked like a setup

[12B2 xx mbPF xx F2 xx Air Drone xx TG into a cross up j2 )
the drone hit behind them and you were kicking them in the face after you grappled in front of them

you did a starter into PF and then did f2 then used the air drone and grappled towards them and did a j2 and it landed it looked like a setup

[12B2 xx mbPF xx F2 xx Air Drone xx TG into a cross up j2 )
the drone hit behind them and you were kicking them in the face after you grappled in front of them
Ohh yeah I was just trying to take advantage of the fact that I had trait out I like to grapple at them when the air drone is out it usually catches people off guard I don't usually get a combo but it's better if you do rhoomba then tg then jump at them if you open them up with 112 you get a combo cuz it will hit them into it

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Ohh yeah I was just trying to take advantage of the fact that I had trait out I like to grapple at them when the air drone is out it usually catches people off guard I don't usually get a combo but it's better if you do rhoomba then tg then jump at them if you open them up with 112 you get a combo cuz it will hit them into it
that's very true, catwoman is op you did great against the first cw the second one stayed away from your normals.

@pretty flocko

I just want to say I watched the archive in full, good shit my dude! I learned a lot from the Supergirl and Darkseid matchups especially.

My thoughts:
- I never thought of using 12b2 into bounce cancel. You caught a lot of people ducking with that, might need to add that to my arsenal. Even if they block, you could follow up with 23 or even b123 so it's a smart option.
-Your zoning is on point. Especially in the super girl matchup, it feels like I can never get the timing to get a shot off. Going to study that match a lot
-Good use of hit confirming d1 into b123. I'm trying to be more consistent on doing it thanks to you
-I saw you interrupting super girls b12 into breathe with Cyborg's 12b2 PF. The good stuff, respect. I can do it consistently offline, but not online :(
-You used delayed wakeup exceptionally well, especially when avoiding setups vs. Supergirl and Darkseid
-A saw a few times you used Target Acquired feints and dashed in. Need to implement that into my game as well
-Using MB roll into grapple gave you a lot of milage there, especially in the DJT matchup.

Suggestions:
-I notice you do 12b2 EXPF f2 xx trait. You should try to mix it up with 12b2 EXPF f2 into TA. You save the trait, get a lot of options from it. Especially pressure options if you follow up with nb, j2, dash in d3, or even b12. For example here's a setup for Darkseid:

And if they block any of your pressure options you build a ton of meter. In fact, they can't jump out of the b12 follow up and it gets stuffed. I learned this all from the Cyborg Pressure concepts thread, definitely check it out:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/cyborg-pressure-concepts.64335/

- Although @HiddenSelectCounterPick already mentioned this, Cyborg can do 23 as a counterpoke to some of the cast (darkseid especially, his d1 is -5 and starts up in 6 frames). It's something I need to integrate into my poking game as well.

-Darkseid: If your within range and duck a high laser, you can smack him right in the jaw with power fist haha

-Brainaic: You can punish his Doxel Drill with reversal PF (it's -15 on block). I saw siez3 get away with it several times, but how often do we get Brainaic players haha. Although EX version is +1, the risk vs. reward is in your favor.

-As mentioned before using MB roll into grapple is dope and you should keep using. To add to this, Cyborg can also cancel his nova blast into a MB roll as well. This means if your in the corner, you can do a block string into MB roll, then grapple. Noble illusions does this a lot when I was watching him play.

Overall man, really great play this weekend. You can bet I'm going to be watching those matches again like crazy haha

@pretty flocko

I just want to say I watched the archive in full, good shit my dude! I learned a lot from the Supergirl and Darkseid matchups especially.

My thoughts:
- I never thought of using 12b2 into bounce cancel. You caught a lot of people ducking with that, might need to add that to my arsenal. Even if they block, you could follow up with 23 or even b123 so it's a smart option.
-Your zoning is on point. Especially in the super girl matchup, it feels like I can never get the timing to get a shot off. Going to study that match a lot
-Good use of hit confirming d1 into b123. I'm trying to be more consistent on doing it thanks to you
-I saw you interrupting super girls b12 into breathe with Cyborg's 12b2 PF. The good stuff, respect. I can do it consistently offline, but not online :(
-You used delayed wakeup exceptionally well, especially when avoiding setups vs. Supergirl and Darkseid
-A saw a few times you used Target Acquired feints and dashed in. Need to implement that into my game as well
-Using MB roll into grapple gave you a lot of milage there, especially in the DJT matchup.

Suggestions:
-I notice you do 12b2 EXPF f2 xx trait. You should try to mix it up with 12b2 EXPF f2 into TA. You save the trait, get a lot of options from it. Especially pressure options if you follow up with nb, j2, dash in d3, or even b12. For example here's a setup for Darkseid:

And if they block any of your pressure options you build a ton of meter. In fact, they can't jump out of the b12 follow up and it gets stuffed. I learned this all from the Cyborg Pressure concepts thread, definitely check it out:

https://testyourmight.com/threads/cyborg-pressure-concepts.64335/

- Although @HiddenSelectCounterPick already mentioned this, Cyborg can do 23 as a counterpoke to some of the cast (darkseid especially, his d1 is -5 and starts up in 6 frames). It's something I need to integrate into my poking game as well.

-Darkseid: If your within range and duck a high laser, you can smack him right in the jaw with power fist haha

-Brainaic: You can punish his Doxel Drill with reversal PF (it's -15 on block). I saw siez3 get away with it several times, but how often do we get Brainaic players haha. Although EX version is +1, the risk vs. reward is in your favor.

-As mentioned before using MB roll into grapple is dope and you should keep using. To add to this, Cyborg can also cancel his nova blast into a MB roll as well. This means if your in the corner, you can do a block string into MB roll, then grapple. Noble illusions does this a lot when I was watching him play.

Overall man, really great play this weekend. You can bet I'm going to be watching those matches again like crazy haha
I like the a starter df2 meterburn f2 into at but they can just tech roll out of it so I just wanted to establish some presence on screen with cyborgs trait as when it comes out it stays out instead but I wasn't aware of that you could just blow up darkseids wake up with nb like that midscreen I really like that set up though and yeah I usually use nb cancel into mb roll I guess I was playing pretty autopilot and didn't use a lot of his tools like b2 into techno tackle which surprisngly catches people or 12 into techno tackle which doesn't catch people as much but still does thanks for the props man

HiddenSelectCounterPick

I like the a starter df2 meterburn f2 into at but they can just tech roll out of it so I just wanted to establish some presence on screen with cyborgs trait as when it comes out it stays out instead but I wasn't aware of that you could just blow up darkseids wake up with nb like that midscreen I really like that set up though and yeah I usually use nb cancel into mb roll I guess I was playing pretty autopilot and didn't use a lot of his tools like b2 into techno tackle which surprisngly catches people or 12 into techno tackle which doesn't catch people as much but still does thanks for the props man
what starter is df2 and f2 mb?