What's new

Breakthrough - Cyber Sub-Zero CSZ Nerfs

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
If this is a mixup, then why do i see no low? You have a million years to armor out of the low (b3) and if you did at maximum height of net then the opponent can only armor out, the setup reo showed was backdash-able and armorable.
i have no idea what you are saying but its wrong, he literally shows it beating backdash and beating reptiles 6f armor

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Honestly, who the fuck would play that way? If it's online... Hit next. If it's in person... Punch em in the face.

Seriously, this was not tournament viable tech and certain didn't justify Triborgs beat down with the nerf bat.
thats.... great?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Wat? The bomb is supposed to be low? I never actually realized that. Disregard my comments :D.
Yeah haha, not that it matters now.

It was also possible to place the bomb in a certain position where it would catch any backdashes, break any armor and the OH or Low could hit first. He also had that stupid grab setup that could loop on itself. He did need to be nerfed, as did CSZ's corner game, but the way they've done it is just absurd.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Yeah haha, not that it matters now.

It was also possible to place the bomb in a certain position where it would catch any backdashes, break any armor and the OH or Low could hit first. He also had that stupid grab setup that could loop on itself. He did need to be nerfed, as did CSZ's corner game, but the way they've done it is just absurd.
Yeah, i've seen that "Low bomb, throw, tech roll throw" stuff, this all could've been fixed by just making the net hitting the opponent in the air, when the net duration finishes, opponent gets on the ground, instead of standing on the ground, the opponent should just drop down on the ground like csz's slide knockdown or something.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Does it make sense that they completely nullified the use of S3. It has the same hit advantage as every other normal or string.

Just one of the many things that make no sense.

Israel

Noob
Maybe you don't get what I am saying. If this is such an injustice, why haven't those top players said anything?
Not taking away anything from anyone and yes... I know you're a great player Friction. I've been around since Mk9.
Just saying those people have a louder voice to NRS than the average Triborg player.
hm...are u suggesting that this maybe indeed a April fools joke? And that us unimportant people were left out of the horribly bad (if true) joke? ...

u may be on to something.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yea that sucks for you with hypespotting so close, back to throwing sai's i guess??
the twins aswell since cyrax got "overhauled" and sektor lost his b1 2+4 setup ketchup found

do agree with thtb that alot of the triborg changes are "better save than sorry" kinda stuff but find it strange they'll do that to where it messes up the old build/playstyle but then the likes of alien get a slap on the wrist and not much has changed
it's cuz thier is a hidden agenda. i said it before and ill say it again. Sonic uses Alien, some yomi uses Bo. and people argued about this to NRS, and one became the victor.

on another note.

@1man3letters

i have a Cyrax Vs Mileena question for you:

when Mileena uses B12 at max range and steps back into another one. rinse and repeat, how does Cyrax punish that. F13 wiffs, F21 wiffs, EX bomb doesn't come out in time, D1/D4/D3 don't reach.

so what is it that Cyrax can do against her Neutral, Her B12 im told is slightly plus when used at max range. even though i still think its -1. i have found nothing in his tool list to reach her with.

there is no opening that i found, and there is nothing that reaches her that i have found in her arsenal.

if you can help me with this that would be great. (ive been in lab and Sets with 15 different practice buddies and im at a loss.)

if you can give me the answer or a simple, use someone else for that matchup it would be great :)

i hate this nerf.

his Neutral is drastically different now

MadeOfMetal

Yeah, i've seen that "Low bomb, throw, tech roll throw" stuff, this all could've been fixed by just making the net hitting the opponent in the air, when the net duration finishes, opponent gets on the ground, instead of standing on the ground, the opponent should just drop down on the ground like csz's slide knockdown or something.
that is what i have said since release. even emailed them, and posted on WB forums.

obviously they just wanted to ruin him.

and very sorry to the CSZ mains.

this was unjustified.

i play against many CSZ's and i found ways to put them in check. he needed a slight adjustment but not this overhaul.

what even funnier, i found a way to Use Corner HTB's safely, and Midscreen HTB setup still works, as many times as they have adjusted F2 you would think you could not Run through with F2 and set HTB's.

its almost like they have Derek Kirtzic Testing the balance changes before they roll them out. it has to be someone who has a low range of capabilities with combos, that tries one timing(the only timing they can get the HTB to work) and then goes, welp we took it away, Derek can't set it up anymore its fixed. good job guys.

is he ruined? no guys he is fine, derek hits me all the time with oh dive kicks and that slide, its so fast, how can anyone see that coming.

This is how it must have been organized ;)

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
it's cuz thier is a hidden agenda. i said it before and ill say it again. Sonic uses Alien, some yomi uses Bo. and people argued about this to NRS, and one became the victor.

on another note.

@1man3letters

i have a Cyrax Vs Mileena question for you:

when Mileena uses B12 at max range and steps back into another one. rinse and repeat, how does Cyrax punish that. F13 wiffs, F21 wiffs, EX bomb doesn't come out in time, D1/D4/D3 don't reach.

so what is it that Cyrax can do against her Neutral, Her B12 im told is slightly plus when used at max range. even though i still think its -1. i have found nothing in his tool list to reach her with.

there is no opening that i found, and there is nothing that reaches her that i have found in her arsenal.

if you can help me with this that would be great. (ive been in lab and Sets with 15 different practice buddies and im at a loss.)

if you can give me the answer or a simple, use someone else for that matchup it would be great :)

i hate this nerf.

his Neutral is drastically different now
if you block b12 and another b12 is attempted you can jip for full combo at the ranges f1 will whiff, if only b1 was done after b12 jip can be blocked, if you jumped and mileena did d3 she can still recover in time to aa with roll so it is risky to try just after b12 but all challenge options cyrax has(to my knowledge) will just get beat out by a d3, csz can instant dive kick to stop the d3 bit even that isnt great as hes dead if hes wrong.

very early to say but i think smoke does the best out of the borgs vs her.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I love shit like this , f13 is the equivalent on sub zeros 12 string - u gotta burn meter for that 2 and connecting his standing overhead b1 into iceball u need to burn meter? Sub zero can't even cancel his standing overhead!
lmfao you mean the standing overhead LAUNCHER that he has?? Wow, this forum never ceases to amaze me with its wisdom sometimes.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
What does the community think about the DE Iceball retaining it's old properties and non DE stays the same?

This idea just popped into my head and wouldn't be a bad compromise of NRS really deem his old iceball too OP.
nah his iceball just needs to go back to the way it was, untouched. he could somewhat decently zone that way at least...

Noob
I love shit like this , f13 is the equivalent on sub zeros 12 string - u gotta burn meter for that 2 and connecting his standing overhead b1 into iceball u need to burn meter? Sub zero can't even cancel his standing overhead!
LOL dude cmon, you wanna compare Sub Zero to Cyber... Like @RiBBz22 Said his OH is a launcher, you can combo off it on all variations meterless for free...?!?! He has some of the best/fastest Pokes in the game, Cyber has some of the best at being the worse pokes in the game... Sub has a safe Ex Ice Ball, we dont have a single safe special... And all this without going into variation specific stuff...

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
1.) Sub zero doesn't need to cancel his standing overhead to combo off it so thats pretty irrelevant, also he combos off it meterlessly, also he outdamages CSZ off it both meterless & metered, midscreen and corner, and that's assuming CSZ had a drone set-up. This comparison doesn't work
2.) F13 is not the equivalent of SZ's 12 string just because it goes high overhead. For this logic to hold up, Sub's F4 would need meter to combo, his B12 would need meter to combo, and CSZ would need an equivalent of Subs F42 and Subs B12 string. This is more the comparison you are looking for, as F13 is CSZ's only decent advancing and its a High not a mid and isn't used in anyway like Sub's 12 is

MadeOfMetal

if you block b12 and another b12 is attempted you can jip for full combo at the ranges f1 will whiff, if only b1 was done after b12 jip can be blocked, if you jumped and mileena did d3 she can still recover in time to aa with roll so it is risky to try just after b12 but all challenge options cyrax has(to my knowledge) will just get beat out by a d3, csz can instant dive kick to stop the d3 bit even that isnt great as hes dead if hes wrong.

very early to say but i think smoke does the best out of the borgs vs her.
then its not just me. i use Mileena, and a few others, i think ill just pocket Mileena next tournament, thanks

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Csz f13 is high low advancing
Sz 12 is high low advancing
I know at least pre patch cyber was hitting more damage midscreen easily
Sz has some of the slowest pokes in the game I don't know where u getting fastest from?!?
Sz f4 would be compared to csz f2
Neither nets big damage but f2 is a great half screen reaching mid , sz has nothing even close to that
Erm... CSZ's F2 is a high.