What's new

Tech - Cyrax Just-Frame Hard to Blockable Looping Vortex

REO

Undead
Off any hit you can go into EX Buzz Saw or EX Teleport to start this hard to blockable vortex:

- Can't armor out if done right because both hits hit at one frame apart from one another (2 frames in total)
- Can't backdash because the bomb explosion radius along with the B+2 second part explosion radius will catch you
- Forced to guess a just-frame hard to blockable that can go from OVERHEAD-LOW, or LOW-OVERHEAD both one frame intervals from each other

The only way to escape is to use an X-Ray, or a EX attack with invincibility. Keep in mind the landing where you would have to input this special attack for it to register is ONE FRAME so you have to be extremely on point with your reversal attack or else you will be launched and put back into the vortex.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
NRS surely knows about this and decided to let it rock anyway...In just 1 hour of practice it's easy to discover many unblockable setups with both CSZ and Cyrax, it's impossible that the testers do not know about this crap.

Maybe they are already working on a hotfix?

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
hitting a just frame is no small feat, but even so, even if you are off by 5 frames, that still means it will break every armored move in the game (except EXPunchwalk?) this is exactly pre patch summoner quan

I've been examining these myself tonight. What other setups are there?

You can hear the sound of Cyrax's arm extending during the B2 animation, it's very distinct. Aside from that, the bombs will beep 5 times and detonate on 6; so you have that element to account for as well. It's certainly difficult, though I'm making it a point to learn how to block each of these. What others are known?