What's new

Breakthrough - Cyber Sub-Zero CSZ Nerfs

REO

Undead
- Ice ball has more start up frames. He can no longer do old combos he used to be able to or abuse the ice ball in neutral.

- Dive kicks are more negative on block now. No more 100% safe dive kicks regardless of spacing.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Wasn't it his corner game that was broke as fuck, not his midscreen game. Why on earth would they slow down his Iceball, which weakens his neutral, then leave all the broken set play.

This nerf makes no sense at all to me. They've done this backwards.
my words exactly, and even then the character was fine as is.....NRS choices boggles the mind....they're acting like ice ball was OP.....lmao, seriously? and the dive kick? wasnt that bad either......like seriously....i think im done with this variation

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
They should have only nerfed the recovery , why tf did they make it slower and fuck up all his meterless damage.
ikr? also the divekick didnt make much sense either, yeah im going back sektor too....and i think i might even make a rant video about nrs....and how they're terrible at prioritizing when they do patches, theres always some simple shit they they screw up, for no good reason, then they either have to go back and fix it.....or they just leave it that way forever....fucking seriously?

another example, when they made errons sand ball +1 with push back....why was that a thing? they went back and fixed it at least.....kinda. +7 again but still with the push back.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Tier bitches running away lol
it has nothing to do with being high tier, if they really wanted to shit on the character they woulda destroyed his hard to blockables in the corner, but the fact that they picked something so stupid just sends the message that they don't know what they're doing, and its pissing me off.

not that CSZ needed a nerf at all anyways.

they did the same shit with erron black

they did the same shit with kung lao

i'm done with CSZ unless they undo this shit.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
I'll still be playing him. If you used B1xxIce Ball, you were playing unnecessarily yolo with cyber sub to begin with imo. B1(2+4) EX is wayyyy more safe in comparison, hit confirmable and grants more damage in BnBs. Divekicks should be unsafe too, I think its bullshit whenever I block one from Sonya and flub my punish and lose my turn over it. If I ever had a divekick go unpunished I felt like I won the lottery, it was never a crutch. F13xxIce Ball not working is pretty lame as that was my main whiff punish, but cyber sub builds meter like mad anyways I don't see a big deal into being forced to use one in that combo.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
They took it way over board with the Triborg nerfs. Damage nerf is ridiculous. You can't even combo off f1-3 without meter for a whopping 24%.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I'll still be playing him. If you used B1xxIce Ball, you were playing unnecessarily yolo with cyber sub to begin with imo. B1(2+4) EX is wayyyy more safe in comparison, hit confirmable and grants more damage in BnBs. Divekicks should be unsafe too, I think its bullshit whenever I block one from Sonya and flub my punish and lose my turn over it. If I ever had a divekick go unpunished I felt like I won the lottery, it was never a crutch. F13xxIce Ball not working is pretty lame as that was my main whiff punish, but cyber sub builds meter like mad anyways I don't see a big deal into being forced to use one in that combo.
Stay motivated.

champdee

Noob
well, he was the ONLY character in the game that can do 1 normal into special and have it combo, regular sub, stand 1~iceball is,n't a true combo just like the rest of the cast... I mean honestlyyyy they shoulda had it like in mk9, 1~iceball will lead to less damage, mournful, s1~lift nope etc... probably did it because he can't be bothered to do what he messed up for the rest of the cast to begin with... it has been dumb for a while now.. sorry I just hate that they did this from the get go to be honest.. I think it's weird... MK rule= as long as pokes don't combo it's mk. I stopped caring pretty much but this seems exactly why he cannot do a standing normal into special, he was the only one in the game who could.

But yup, was picking him up too, sucks

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
it has nothing to do with being high tier, if they really wanted to shit on the character they woulda destroyed his hard to blockables in the corner, but the fact that they picked something so stupid just sends the message that they don't know what they're doing, and its pissing me off.

not that CSZ needed a nerf at all anyways.

they did the same shit with erron black

they did the same shit with kung lao

i'm done with CSZ unless they undo this shit.
Welcome to hat trick world, and thanks to that, i have no attachments to this patch, my character is shitter already, it can't get any worse than that.