What's new

Black Canary General Discussion 2.0

I have a problem regarding her 21 xx Knee Drop reset in longer combos. I know she has problems resetting with taller characters like Darkseid or flying character, but in a combo like

starter xx mb bf2 into jump 2, 21 xx level 3 scream, cartwheel into 21 xx crossup knee/same side knee

the knee combos on characters like Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Batman as opposed to resetting them. I thought maybe it had something to do with canceling 21 into knees too fast or too late, but I'm not sure it's that because I input it the same as I always do and it works some times, then later it doesn't. Any of you guys have any insight as to why this might be happening? I really enjoy playing Canary, I'm just struggling to get past this seemingly-random issue.

I have a problem regarding her 21 xx Knee Drop reset in longer combos. I know she has problems resetting with taller characters like Darkseid or flying character, but in a combo like

starter xx mb bf2 into jump 2, 21 xx level 3 scream, cartwheel into 21 xx crossup knee/same side knee

the knee combos on characters like Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Batman as opposed to resetting them. I thought maybe it had something to do with canceling 21 into knees too fast or too late, but I'm not sure it's that because I input it the same as I always do and it works some times, then later it doesn't. Any of you guys have any insight as to why this might be happening? I really enjoy playing Canary, I'm just struggling to get past this seemingly-random issue.
In the combo/reset you're doing, if your combo pushes the opponent into the corner, when you do the final 21~knees, it will always combo.

21~CD always combos in the corner. It sounds like you're pushing the opponent into the corner.

In the combo/reset you're doing, if your combo pushes the opponent into the corner, when you do the final 21~knees, it will always combo.

21~CD always combos in the corner. It sounds like you're pushing the opponent into the corner.
thanks, I'd probably have to use F133 into bait wakeup/knee mixups or find some other way to reset after scream then.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Now that she has legit midscreen meterless & metered vortex on 28/30 characters that she gets off of virtually any knockdown and any lvl 1(need a bar), lvl 2, and lvl 3 trait hit, that also pretty much 2 hit kill everyone because guaranteed chip, can we all finally agree that midscreen is the way to go???

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Why do so many Canary players I vs. commit to bf2 after 21/23 on block, allowing for a full combo?
Is it not a lot better to use 21/23 into trait lvl1/2 or even into parry to bait the punish, or cartwheel behind into b1?
Idk I'm not a Canary player but she seems to have so many options and heaps of potential.

Because of the input system of the game. Hit confirming isn't like SF or tekken or VF where you can wait until the last button press before you commit to the next input. It's not like that in Injustice. I sure as hell would like to wait until I see the 1 or 2 hit or be blocked before I do BF2 or backflip.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Why do so many Canary players I vs. commit to bf2 after 21/23 on block, allowing for a full combo?
Is it not a lot better to use 21/23 into trait lvl1/2 or even into parry to bait the punish, or cartwheel behind into b1?
Idk I'm not a Canary player but she seems to have so many options and heaps of potential.
I mean with the meterless vortex in play now after I finally got to making the vids, it pretty much makes the 2trait in 21/23/2trait legit, and makes 21trait/23trait/21trait cancel/23 trait cancel/2trait cancel some super scary mindgames due to the vortex still being real if they get hit(even if she cancels down to lvl 1). But the full vortex is like, today new, and it still hasn't gotten to a ton of people, so it'll be a while before they really make use of it and realize they don't truly need to hit confirm it and instead just play safe mindgames.

21/23 into canary drop on block is a good quick opening test on your opponent though, but ideally you'd be hit confirming with trait unless you cant get it to lvl 2 or 3 in time, in which case db3 is a fine alternative(imo it was the best way to hit confirm before today)

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Now that she has legit midscreen meterless & metered vortex on 28/30 characters that she gets off of virtually any knockdown and any lvl 1(need a bar), lvl 2, and lvl 3 trait hit, that also pretty much 2 hit kill everyone because guaranteed chip, can we all finally agree that midscreen is the way to go???
I stick with my opinion. Corner adds extra layers of mindgames. E.g. you can do 33-df3 and then either "neutral jump 2 (same side)" or "forward jump 2 (cross-up)". When not switching sides, you can do stuff like 112 (hitconfirm) into either bf2 or df3 (mb). The latter leads to another 112. And so on. This kind of intense continuous pressure simply doesn't work midscreen.

However because of 112 1+3 and db2 switching sides, I find myself doing midscreen stuff most of the time anyway. In most cases I wouldn't sacrifice damage for corner carry . Besides closer to the corner her b3 becomes harder to follow-up, which hinders her db2-game.

All in all I highly appreciate what you are doing, even though I still think that there are more ways out of the 'vortex' than you are aware of.

You can do f13xxdb2 in the corner for the reset.
I noticed that if you do F13 in the corner for the 50/50, it will ALWAYS go crossup whether you do the close or far version.

Doing 112 after the lvl 3 scream will actually allow you to pick the side in the corner. And when it's done in the corner, it's pretty much impossible to distinguish compared to the midscreen 50/50.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
After a week and change of goofing around after you all answered some of my questions, I am officially a Canary main. I think I have more fun on her than any character I've played, period.. and I currently play almost no mix crazy game beyond the ambiguous canary drop stuff and the 21/23 w/ delay thing if they seem to be fuzzying me.

Super looking forward to seeing what she's capable of when I grind out her more interesting stuff.

She's just.. smooth. That's the word I'd use. Feels super fluid and intuitive to play. Fast and fun and hits hard.

Why do you all feel she's under represented? Maybe it's just me, but I *never* see anyone using her.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
They should be using back handspring to stay safe or use trait. I usually hitconfirm it into bf2 or back handspring though since it's not that hard for me to hit confirm it due to me playing her forever now some the beta lol

x TeeJay o

After a week and change of goofing around after you all answered some of my questions, I am officially a Canary main. I think I have more fun on her than any character I've played, period.. and I currently play almost no mix crazy game beyond the ambiguous canary drop stuff and the 21/23 w/ delay thing if they seem to be fuzzying me.

Super looking forward to seeing what she's capable of when I grind out her more interesting stuff.

She's just.. smooth. That's the word I'd use. Feels super fluid and intuitive to play. Fast and fun and hits hard.

Why do you all feel she's under represented? Maybe it's just me, but I *never* see anyone using her.
She loses to the top half of the cast pretty convincingly. At tournaments people are using the top tiers trying to take down sonic so you won't see ppl goofing around w characters like they did in MKX. She basically doesn't get to play against Aquaman, Batman can keep her out and do what he wants when she gets in,Black Adam is black adam lol. But usually if canary gets picked the other user will counter her with Aquaman. That's why

I need to learn a top tier. Ive ONLY been using Canary since release and I never received a beta code (bitches).

I mained Batgirl, MMH, and Batman in INJ1, but I havent played since 2014.

I need a top tier main. I was thinking Black Adam, Catwoman, or Superman.

x TeeJay o

I need to learn a top tier. Ive ONLY been using Canary since release and I never received a beta code (bitches).

I'd wait until they patch the game tbh. It should be some time after EVO. I was gonna pick up Catwoman as a secondary but she will probably get nerfed along with some of the other ones so I'll wait for adjustments. Plus I'm waiting on starfire as well. Hopefully starfire is supergirl 2.0 but a broke version lol. I want starfire to be my secondary over supergirl rn so here's to hoping she's a super echelon character

thlityoursloat

kick kick
They should be using back handspring to stay safe or use trait. I usually hitconfirm it into bf2 or back handspring though since it's not that hard for me to hit confirm it due to me playing her forever now some the beta lol
Most people I play tend to mash buttons after 21 or 23 so I either front handspring into a punish, front handspring into a crossup jumpin INTO a crossup canary drop or I just cancel into canary drop. Fun times.

EntropicByDesign

I second Teejay here, id wait until they patch, HOWEVER, I feel like, of the three, Superman and Catwoman have the best chance of coming out of the nerfs still extremely viable and strong, with Catwoman probably having the best chance of still being super strong. My reasoning being her base tool set is just really good, and since she honestly only needs small adjustments, I think she has the best chance of not being ruined by the eventual patch.

Obviously Im just guessing and it could go any which way.. but Supes and Adam are more.. I dunno, delicate? In terms of what makes them so strong. A bad nerf could seriously damage them.

I'd wait until they patch the game tbh. It should be some time after EVO. I was gonna pick up Catwoman as a secondary but she will probably get nerfed along with some of the other ones so I'll wait for adjustments. Plus I'm waiting on starfire as well. Hopefully starfire is supergirl 2.0 but a broke version lol. I want starfire to be my secondary over supergirl rn so here's to hoping she's a super echelon character
I second Teejay here, id wait until they patch, HOWEVER, I feel like, of the three, Superman and Catwoman have the best chance of coming out of the nerfs still extremely viable and strong, with Catwoman probably having the best chance of still being super strong. My reasoning being her base tool set is just really good, and since she honestly only needs small adjustments, I think she has the best chance of not being ruined by the eventual patch.

Obviously Im just guessing and it could go any which way.. but Supes and Adam are more.. I dunno, delicate? In terms of what makes them so strong. A bad nerf could seriously damage them.
Yea, I'm gonna wait...NRS has a history of killing characters via patches. I just hope that whoever I choose to back up Killer Canary is just as fun to play.

EntropicByDesign

@x TeeJay o You should accept my guild invite request, lol.

Also,

Yeah, they do tend to kill characters occasionally. I feel like they've learned a ton, but we wont know if they intend to go in with a heavy hand or light touch, until we see the first balance patch. I have a host of characters I mess with, so hopefully I come out just fine after the eventual patch. I cant imagine Canary being nerfed, for instance.. and I have Hood when I have to deal with zoners and such, and Crow just for funsies/neutral dominance.. Though if CW survives with her strength still mostly intact, Hood may get shuffled out. I tend to play around with numerous characters, but try to never focus on more than three.