What's new

Black Canary General Discussion 2.0

But a tastu motion is nothing but a hadoken motion in reverse. If you can do a tiger knee on both sides....you can do a tastu on both sides.
But I want to go forward with the motion to push the CC forward. If I do it with a back jump, won't that rob me of my forward momentum?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Not at my PS4 right now, apparently the in-game frame data says you can cancel the F2. Anyone know what's up with this? Thinking it's just an error, but there very well may be something I don't know

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
She has gear that allows you to MB it...are cancel frames related to the window you have to MB it?

Just spit-balling, here
Was thinking the same thing, but I have literally every ability except for Canary's last 3. And people try and say the game doesn't base drops on what characters you play the most

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Was thinking the same thing, but I have literally every ability except for Canary's last 3. And people try and say the game doesn't base drops on what characters you play the most
haha yeah. I'm still waiting for the trait-grenade ability and I should finally have all of hers. But I don't use anyone else and it's still taking this long!

Yo, can you send me the canary discord link again? I forgot that I'm using two different accounts. One on my phone and one on my computer. Thanks

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
B12 safe and more damage I think. 112 safe. 112+Throw a tic throw (I dont entirely understand this, will this effect 112 1+3 as a combo ender/oki setup tool or does it just mean there is a mixup at the end with the throw?) 33 PLUS on block (er mer gerd)

I kinda feel like she just got really really strong.

112 now safe on block. 112~throw is a true tic throw. (!) 33 is now + on block. More moves out of cartwheel have more pushblock on block. The upkick is now safe. B12 now does more damage and is safe on block
This is all I've heard so far.

Imo....

112 safe on block - I need to see the numbers. We're probably at -5 or sonething like that. cool that if we miss our punish, we won't get launched though.

1121+2 a tick throw - that's nice man. I wonder if the throw can be ducked or broken. If not..... that's nice. We're at +25 and can do some vortexes on some characters. That's pretty good guys. People are gonna learn to backdash the grab when they see 112 and block it. So.... we do 112 Df33 (should connect on all backdashes) or 112 BF2 (should connect on the smaller backdashes) or 112 Df3MB (if it's blocked, we're at +1 although it may push the opponent back more now with the other changes out of jab range)

33 is + on block - whoa. I mean..... wow. Guys.... as it is right now, 33 is -8 on block. We cartwheel to make it safe. But let's be honest..... we weren't using that shit as a lockdown/mixup unless it connected in a combo because it was so punishable. Now it's + on block. We can lock a motherfucker DOWN with this shit! 1, 33 chases down people who backdash after the 1. The second 3 will connect on almost the whole cast. So now..... if it's + on block..... how are they gonna get away? 33 moves us forward. Oh and did I mention it's a mid/mid? That's right. 33 isn't a high. It just looks like it. I REALLY want to flesh this out. I'm seeing free cartwheel entries on block right now. That's a free entry into a 50/50. A mb OH combo or the HKD sweep. Lol. My god. I have to see how many frames on block it is. What if we can 1, 33, into 21/23? On block?!

More moves out of cartwheel have push back on block - not sure what this means exactly. First of all, there's only 3 moves from the cartwheel not counting the mb. And other than the mb, they all can be punished. If it makes them safer, that's cool. I'll have to see it in motion.

Upkick is now safe - wait.... you mean the the gear upkick? They can't mean the one from cartwheel right? I know I only used it in combos but.... safe? That would honestly be an embarrassment of riches.

B12 safe on block and does more damage - it's always good to be safe on block. B1 was one of her best whiff punishers and it was a move I used a lot in neutral. I would get the b12 on times I missed and did B1 Canary Drop motion on block. I'm cool with this.

Overall I'm stoked. It's still gonna be as hard before to get in. But.... now we might be able to stay in. On block! It looks like they won't be able to dash away.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
This is all I've heard so far.

Imo....

112 safe on block - I need to see the numbers. We're probably at -5 or sonething like that. cool that if we miss our punish, we won't get launched though.

1121+2 a tick throw - that's nice man. I wonder if the throw can be ducked or broken. If not..... that's nice. We're at +25 and can do some vortexes on some characters. That's pretty good guys. People are gonna learn to backdash the grab when they see 112 and block it. So.... we do 112 Df33 (should connect on all backdashes) or 112 BF2 (should connect on the smaller backdashes) or 112 Df3MB (if it's blocked, we're at +1 although it may push the opponent back more now with the other changes out of jab range)

33 is + on block - whoa. I mean..... wow. Guys.... as it is right now, 33 is -8 on block. We cartwheel to make it safe. But let's be honest..... we weren't using that shit as a lockdown/mixup unless it connected in a combo because it was so punishable. Now it's + on block. We can lock a motherfucker DOWN with this shit! 1, 33 chases down people who backdash after the 1. The second 3 will connect on almost the whole cast. So now..... if it's + on block..... how are they gonna get away? 33 moves us forward. Oh and did I mention it's a mid/mid? That's right. 33 isn't a high. It just looks like it. I REALLY want to flesh this out. I'm seeing free cartwheel entries on block right now. That's a free entry into a 50/50. A mb OH combo or the HKD sweep. Lol. My god. I have to see how many frames on block it is. What if we can 1, 33, into 21/23? On block?!

More moves out of cartwheel have push back on block - not sure what this means exactly. First of all, there's only 3 moves from the cartwheel not counting the mb. And other than the mb, they all can be punished. If it makes them safer, that's cool. I'll have to see it in motion.

Upkick is now safe - wait.... you mean the the gear upkick? They can't mean the one from cartwheel right? I know I only used it in combos but.... safe? That would honestly be an embarrassment of riches.

B12 safe on block and does more damage - it's always good to be safe on block. B1 was one of her best whiff punishers and it was a move I used a lot in neutral. I would get the b12 on times I missed and did B1 Canary Drop motion on block. I'm cool with this.

Overall I'm stoked. It's still gonna be as hard before to get in. But.... now we might be able to stay in. On block! It looks like they won't be able to dash away.
112 grab might be a high. Which means it can be ducked and punished

112 grab might be a high. Which means it can be ducked and punished
I kinda feel like it would have to be changed to a high to make it a true tick grab. As it stands right now, the grab portion of 1121+3 is a mid. Its probably why we can connect it so low to the ground on combos. If it's still a mid after the changes go thru......

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I kinda feel like it would have to be changed to a high to make it a true tick grab. As it stands right now, the grab portion of 1121+3 is a mid. Its probably why we can connect it so low to the ground on combos. If it's still a mid after the changes go thru......
Aren't string grabs always unduckable? Aside from Red Hood, which is technically not a normal.