What's new

Basically what Shao Kahn is reduced to doing since his strings are bad.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
shao kahn just needs a faster mid desperately. seeing characters like jacqui and liu kang get away with staggering mid strings that can go into a combo at anytime when all the mids we have are short range AND single hit just kinda stings

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
would like to see him prove that he can actually get dark priest buff out before he starts talking about how good it is lol
Lol yea Ik how hard it is to get it out against certain characters it does need to be buffed. But its not impossible. I got the 20% in a match a good amount if times. But moral of the story is we cant be to quick to call a character shit, we gotta work with what we got n keep improving

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Where exactly they said he is viable in the quotes you posted? They said he is UNDERRATED. They said he has god tier movement, which we have also said.

They said he has solid buttons.

He does, besides f2 which for a high hitting move is slow af. We said that he is UNSAFE af, not that he does not have solid buttons. The startups, besides f2, of his buttons are solid.

The block adv of his strings? Trash compared to the rest of the cast. Plz tell me of another character with so many COMBO PUNISHABLE full strings.

The gaps in almost all of his strings? Trash compared to the rest of the cast. Please tell me of another character with so many gaps.

As for the 1hit "Luke SKywalker" hit confirming, unless i see it done consistently in a tournament environment, which nerves can get the best of you, i m still not sold. F3 has good special cancel adv yes, but lets be real here plz. And even then, please answer me this:

Why in the blue hell SK is the ONLY one in the entire cast who has to commit into a one hit confirm cancel to a -20f on block special to get his dmg going?

Jacqui has a 9f mid combo starter. Why its not the same with her?

Noob has a 9f mid combo starter. Why its not the same with him?

Jax has a 9f mid combo starter. Why its not the same with him? And the list can go on and on.

Same applies with his b2.

P.S: Jackal is a very good rep of the Emperor, but he got away with murder so many times in the videos you guys posted, its not even funny. I was watching moves which are -20f and -16f on block and they were being punished with d1's, throws etc. Even then i hope he does well in CB. I ll be rooting for him.

Post edited.
Noob cannot safely confirm at all off his 9 frame mid FYI. He has to commit to the B1 1+3 which is -17 on block. Shao Kahn can full combo punish that even if spaced with reversal shoulder

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Lol yea Ik how hard it is to get it out against certain characters it does need to be buffed. But its not impossible. I got the 20% in a match a good amount if times. But moral of the story is we cant be to quick to call a character shit, we gotta work with what we got n keep improving
I dont think I ever called him shit but tbh there's really nothing wrong with making a bold claim about it early on because if nothing else it gets people thinking on how to improve, and then later on we can go "oh yeah I guess we were wrong he's not so bad now"

that's how the scientific process works, you just gotta be ok with being wrong a lot

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
I dont think I ever called him shit but tbh there's really nothing wrong with making a bold claim about it early on because if nothing else it gets people thinking on how to improve, and then later on we can go "oh yeah I guess we were wrong he's not so bad now"

that's how the scientific process works, you just gotta be ok with being wrong a lot
Yea not you but those bold claims just asked for buffs lol praying for a miracle patch to "Fix" him. But I just had a issue with people dismissing him on the spot and spreading it around the community like it was fact. But we live and we learn thats life ig

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
23:54
I hate people bitching about his strings yes not all his strings are good but almost all of them have a purpose if you're not figuring out what that purpose is maybe some more lab time

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Noob cannot safely confirm at all off his 9 frame mid FYI. He has to commit to the B1 1+3 which is -17 on block. Shao Kahn can full combo punish that even if spaced with reversal shoulder
There arent many characters who can full combo punish Noob's b1, 1+3. Its not even the same scenario i was talking about regarding SK's f3 cancel into shoulder charge. Charge is -20F on block and you are left POINT BLANK to your opponent. Noob's b1, 1+3 leaves him almost outside of sweep range. Even Geras, probably the best punisher in the game can only punish it with sand trap. SK's shoulder can be punished hard with a full combo punish, not slide, sand trap etc. Its not the same.

SK cannot punish ith with charge from all distances IIRC. Shoulder has travelling time, its not instant.

I agree with Fox on one thing. SK's shoulder ignores the neutral game, but at the risk of him dying if the opponent guesses correctly. Same with his b3.

I m back with SK for a while now, cause i m playing him with a different perspective, but my opinion about the character OVERALL, hasnt changed tbh. He is still bad compared to the majority of the cast. Fox pretty much said what to do with SK, but guess what. We have been doing those things with SK since his release:

Using b4, f4, d1's, throws, d2's. Thats it. That is SK. The difference is that Fox had to talk about it in a video, in order for you guys to believe it.

A character cannot win a tournament with only sweeps, yolo charges and d2's.

Post edited.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
would like to see him prove that he can actually get dark priest buff out before he starts talking about how good it is lol
You can get Dark Priest buff after a fullscreen spear on hit. I think the only one who might be able to punish it is probably Scorpion with tp, but i ll have to lab it.

Also i didnt see Fox talking about any of his strings. I wonder if he knows how many gaps he has before saying what he said. A character cannot win a tournament with only sweeps, yolo charges and d2's lol.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You can get Dark Priest buff after a fullscreen spear on hit. I think the only one who might be able to punish it is probably Scorpion with tp, but i ll have to lab it.

Also i didnt see Fox talking about any of his strings. I wonder if he knows how many gaps he has before saying what he said. A character cannot win a tournament with only sweeps, yolo charges and d2's lol.
yeah but how practical is that when you consider how most other characters either have fireballs themselves and/or can teleport or gap close really quickly? I'm pretty sure someone like say Jacqui could still take the hit and get right up in your face with her mobility

I feel like a more reasonable setup for Dark Priest has to show up before we start singing its praises

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
yeah but how practical is that when you consider how most other characters either have fireballs themselves and/or can teleport or gap close really quickly? I'm pretty sure someone like say Jacqui could still take the hit and get right up in your face with her mobility

I feel like a more reasonable setup for Dark Priest has to show up before we start singing its praises
That is a safe way to activate it. It can work in projectile trades as well. I repeat. FULLSCREEN. Only characters it doesnt work against, are SZ and Kabal cause one freezes your ass and the other one knocks you down with buzzsaw.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
F34 is one of his best staggers leads to another for 3 B3 Dash grab or sweep mix up
There is no mix up after a f3 on block man. Why? Because the second hit of f3 leads to a low, so using sweep after f3 is out of the question. He has a gimmick after a blocked f3, which is either using throw or down poke. Do you know how -f on block f3 is? -8f. There is no stagger there. If it was -2 or 3f on block, then yes it would be really good.

The only mix up is using throws, down pokes or a sweep, after a f34 on hit.

Last edited:

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
There is no mix up after a f3 man. Why? Because the second hit of f3 leads to a low, so using sweep after f3 is out of the question. He has a gimmick after a blocked f3, which is either using throw or down poke. Do you know how -f on block f3 is? -8f. There is no stagger there. If it was -2 or 3f on block, then yes it would be really good.

The only mix up is using throws, down pokes or a sweep, after a f34 on hit.
No F3 stagger is a thing because if you take the risk to poke and take your turn back your eating 20% free if i decide to just do the whole F3 string. You have to read when i might stagger and commit to pressing a button or FB . With conditioning you can even F3 stagger shorthop lol Its a 10 frame mid go test it

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
No F3 stagger is a thing because if you take the risk to poke and take your turn back your eating 20% free if i decide to just do the whole F3 string. You have to read when i might stagger and commit to pressing a button or FB . With conditioning you can even F3 stagger shorthop lol Its a 10 frame mid go test it
You dont understand what i m saying. After a blocked f3 you are at -8f. SK is standing still like a statue, cause he is still recovering.

Its not like Scorpion's f3 which is only -2f on block and basically allows pseudo tick throws.

Pick Scorpion and do f3 on block. Then throw.

Then pick SK and do f3 on block. Then throw.

Scorpion has a true stagger. SK does not. Its a gimmick.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
You dont understand what i m saying. After a blocked f3 you are at -8f. SK is standing still like a statue, cause he is still recovering.

Its not like Scorpion's f3 which is only -2f on block and basically allows pseudo tick throws.

Pick Scorpion and do f3 on block. Then throw.

Then pick SK and do f3 on block. Then throw.

Scorpion has a true stagger. SK does not. Its a gimmick.
Yes Scorpions is obviously less - on block but SK works the same way.
No matter how you look at it you have to respect a 10 frame mid. The second hit in the string , the big gap forces you to sit and wait to see if its coming out.
If you disrespect your going to get blown up by it . Your make it sound like SK is completely giving up his turn it isnt that simple.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Fox says Shao Kahn is A tier.... you guys still callin him garbage? Skip to 23:00
fox well known for having incredibly wrong opinions about characters

see ssj vegeta
see starfire
see mkx subzero

A large amount of characters fox talks about in his tier list, its fairly obvious he hasn't explored the character much. That and like outright trolling on saying subzero is bad.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
fox well known for having incredibly wrong opinions about characters

see ssj vegeta
see starfire
see mkx subzero

A large amount of characters fox talks about in his tier list, its fairly obvious he hasn't explored the character much. That and like outright trolling on saying subzero is bad.
Lol i dont want to hear it. You guys believe pro players when they fit your point of view. Sonicfox is the best and gave valid reasons for everyone. In sub zeros case for us mortals who cant react to a 19 frame overhead hes Stier. But he said and proved he can react to his mixes, making him B tier.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Lol i dont want to hear it. You guys believe pro players when they fit your point of view. Sonicfox is the best and gave valid reasons for everyone. In sub zeros case for us mortals who cant react to a 19 frame overhead hes Stier. But he said and proved he can react to his mixes, making him B tier.
It seems to me you are very biased. What valid reasons did he give that put SK in A tier? Since you support the fact that SK is A tier, plz tell us what are the pros of SK that the rest of the cast does not have?