What's new

Basically what Shao Kahn is reduced to doing since his strings are bad.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I really, really like Shao Kahn in this game. Without trying to be biased, the more I use him the better I actually think he is. The physics part of the game contradicts that because he is undeniably lacking in some areas... but his mixups are so good when you keep the pressure on it’s insane.

DeftMonk

Noob
If people are assuming f2 is used for whiff punishing, I am pretty sure they don't know what range this move is to be used from (hint: far as fuck away). When you are at that range, what on earth move are people using and whiffing? Standing well beyond jump kick range and homie decides to go for a string on you?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
no offense but what mixups
B4/21 (into Shoulder amp if safe)/poke Annihilation/Hammer Lunge close/F34/stepback B3 (Shoulder amp of safe)/hop 1 or2

The basic overhead, low, string, throw, anti-wakeup mixup you would practice for any character...
His sweep is one of the best in the game (B4) and keeps him engaged close, which translates to some pressure. His hop 1/2 is one of the best in the game as well.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
B4/21 (into Shoulder amp if safe)/poke Annihilation/Hammer Lunge close/F34/stepback B3 (Shoulder amp of safe)/hop 1 or2

The basic overhead, low, string, throw, anti-wakeup mixup you would practice for any character...
His sweep is one of the best in the game (B4) and keeps him engaged close, which translates to some pressure. His hop 1/2 is one of the best in the game as well.
so in otherwords, shite

theres no where on the screen that shao kahn is particularly scary at. Shao Kahn is basically just a whiff punish character atm, which isnt all that great because there are plenty of characters who do that and much more.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
so in otherwords, shite

theres no where on the screen that shao kahn is particularly scary at. Shao Kahn is basically just a whiff punish character atm, which isnt all that great because there are plenty of characters who do that and much more.
I don’t disagree that he’s not great and definitely bottom tier. I’m just saying he’s much more usable than the rest of the bottom tier imo.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
You guys just keep confirming you dont understand fighting games and want every character to be the same. Shao kahn is really good as usual you guys just want him to stupid broken. All he needs is some hitbox fixes and a little more combo options. You guys are so fucking obsessed with mids is annoying. The whole game barely has mids for a reason. Whats even funnier is you guys dont use the mids because you say everything is unsafe which is a lie.

and want every character to be the same.
...Hang on! Isn't this the Mortal Kombat 11 with all the universal attacks, and universal command inputs, and universal super attacks, and same-y damage output parameters, and universal throw mechanic, and where most characters have projectiles and teleports, and where every character is just as screwed if gotten into a "death korner" and...(?)

Or is this a different "Mortal Kombat 11" we're talking about...?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
...Hang on! Isn't this the Mortal Kombat 11 with all the universal attacks, and universal command inputs, and universal super attacks, and same-y damage output parameters, and universal throw mechanic, and where most characters have projectiles and teleports, and where every character is just as screwed if gotten into a "death korner" and...(?)

Universal throw mechanics? Yea just get off the forum lmao

RYX

BIG PUSHER

magicman is only here to talk shit, you're better off ignoring him for any serious conversation

magicman is only here to talk shit, you're better off ignoring him for any serious conversation
Reads more like he's shilling profusely for a game that's in dire need of fixing -- perhaps because he's an Error BLACKED or Sonyuck player...(?)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I ignore anyone going off of their therapists's prescription. That guy is a prime candidate.

Ironic for the pseudo-intelectual to quote him though, need to ignore him as well.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
If you think f2 doesn't work you probably don't know much about proper spacing or getting people scared of b3 and you don't know what you're doing.
He said "if you are relying on f2" and he is correct. Of course F2 still has its purposes mainly as a callout on movement from range but it is not his go to button like people wanted it to be week 1

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Gotta say, I've poured over these forums, spent quite a bit of time on the lab, trying to learn this character just as a fun dick around kinda choice....and I dont understand what Sonicfox was getting at. The only way I'm opening people up is by using my plus frames into fucking d1 combos. That and fucking throws. What in the fuck is Shao's game plan? If he didnt whiff so bad on low blocking characters, I think it may be a different story.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Gotta say, I've poured over these forums, spent quite a bit of time on the lab, trying to learn this character just as a fun dick around kinda choice....and I dont understand what Sonicfox was getting at. The only way I'm opening people up is by using my plus frames into fucking d1 combos. That and fucking throws. What in the fuck is Shao's game plan? If he didnt whiff so bad on low blocking characters, I think it may be a different story.
use f3 after f4 since it has enough frames that you can somewhat hit-confirm into a full combo and corner carry, d1 doesn't give you anything but once they respect f3 your options for throwing open up

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Against people who know what they are doing, this set shows my general strategy:

Didnt you watch the sonicfox vid? His sweep is BROKEN AS FUCK! His d2 IS FUCKING BROKEN AS FUCKING FUCKK. F3? BROKEN AS FUCKING LIKE FUCK. I did like how coach steve chimed in to agree, then said someone hit him with like 20 sweeps but CS still won with jacqui anyway lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Well, CB is proof that SK sucks compared to the rest of the cast. Only notable rep was Jackal and he finished at top 100 or something?