What's new

Basically what Shao Kahn is reduced to doing since his strings are bad.

ty lewis

Noob
Hammer lunge is far too punishable to be using to pressure your opponent. Only use it if you are trying to punish a character that is zoning or if you are hit confirming 1,4 into hammer lunge in the corner.

The move can easily be anti-air jab punished for a full combo. So don't do it.

I'm literally just waiting for a patch as there is nothing new to discover with Shao Kahn at the moment. Till then I'm probably gonna be absent for a bit.

The only real pressure game he has is just like the video i posted. Rely on your plus frame moves and go for mix-ups after landing a B4 or F4. Only time you're gonna be comboing your opponent is if you whiff punished them or if they did a move that's unsafe on block. Otherwise your just gonna be wearing them down little by little. That's the way you gotta play him.

Last edited:

ty lewis

Noob
We should be prepared however for F4 and 44 to get nerfed in terms of plus frames if they do decide to change Shao Kahn. As being +6 on block is ridiculous in a more competitive focused fighting game and it's not difficult to get to those plus frames either.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
We should be prepared however for F4 and 44 to get nerfed in terms of plus frames if they do decide to change Shao Kahn. As being +6 on block is ridiculous in a more competitive focused fighting game and it's not difficult to get to those plus frames either.
What would cause them to be nerfed? F4 has long startup and on hit SK can D1, grab or F3.

Hes not getting anything amazing off of it. So many characters have staggers,crazy pressure or fast plus nornals I dont see y they would change F4.

ty lewis

Noob
What would cause them to be nerfed? F4 has long startup and on hit SK can D1, grab or F3.

Hes not getting anything amazing off of it. So many characters have staggers,crazy pressure or fast plus nornals I dont see y they would change F4.
The startup doesn't really matter as you're mostly going to be using it after landing a B4 which guarantees F4 as it gives you 28+ frames of advantage on hit. This allows you to easily set up F4.

If you land a hit with F4 a D1 is a waste. Go for B4 again, F3 and grab like you said or you can do hop overhead. You are getting free pressure off of it which is always good and is the only time Shao Kahn is the one actually applying pressure as all his other tools leave him negative on block.

This is why I suspect that F4 will be nerfed. It is very easy to set up due to B4 and leads to great pressure. Having a +6 on block being guaranteed off of a set-up is absurdly good.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
The startup doesn't really matter as you're mostly going to be using it after landing a B4 which guarantees F4 as it gives you 28+ frames of advantage on hit. This allows you to easily set up F4.

If you land a hit with F4 a D1 is a waste. Go for B4 again, F3 and grab like you said or you can do hop overhead. You are getting free pressure off of it which is always good and is the only time Shao Kahn is the one actually applying pressure as all his other tools leave him negative on block.

This is why I suspect that F4 will be nerfed. It is very easy to set up due to B4 and leads to great pressure. Having a +6 on block being guaranteed off of a set-up is absurdly good.
True even in the neutral its good, just dash in F4 covers almost half the screen and you get a hard Knockdown or +6 on block. They might nerf to +4 like Sub Zero. Ill be okay with that

ty lewis

Noob
Actually now that I mentioned it. I wouldn't be surprised if B4 gets hit. As it is literally Shao Kahn's best and most important tool for dealing pressure.

ty lewis

Noob
Please stop calling for Shao Kahn nerfs he doesn’t need any nerfs thanks
I'm not calling for nerfs. I'm simply considering what will be nerfed if they do end up buffing him. If they buff him without any nerfs on his strong points he could become a balance problem due to how good F4 and B4 are. As those two specific moves are what keep him viable.

ty lewis

Noob
People already know Shao Kahn's up hammer is punishable. There is literally no reason to use this unless you're up against someone who doesn't know the matchup and even then they can easily just uppercut you out of it which will still trade in their favor.

up hammer is worse on block than just using your strings making it worthless for pressure.

Actually now that I mentioned it. I wouldn't be surprised if B4 gets hit. As it is literally Shao Kahn's best and most important tool for dealing pressure.
Delay wakeup and full punish f4. No reason to nerf it.

What shao khan needs, is a little buff to his f21, his taunts and kb. That's all. B4 sucks but whatever. F34 should not be special cancellable, that would put him at Cassie/jacqui level in terms of close range strength, and he is supposed to excel at sweep/jump range.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The amount of truth hurts my soul.
But you can jump projectiles, you just have to time it to be at the top of the arc

F4 is not free after sweep when there are delayed get up, wake up, and roll to consider. I actually do not like to make that commitment at all. If i want to meaty normal rise after a knockdown i am doing it with something safer like f3 or sweep or throw. F4 I like to use when i am trying to bait a wake up, roll, or delay wake up because I can back off a little bit to create that space then try to meaty the recovery on the wake up/roll/delay get up with the f4 instead since it will advance and reclose that distance. Then you are only doing the f4 once they have committed to a get up option and not before when they still have multiple options out

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I think backdash can be blown up by regular up hammer. If the SK player decides opponent will backdash, he can simply choose not to use close up hammer.