What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Fuck him and eveyone that thinks that... all you gotta be to hang out on TYM is love MK.. casual, solo story player, competitive, pro... dose not make a lick of difference. You be you Nick. Gate Keeping elites can just fuck off to their lonely lives and leave the real MK fans to geek out in peace... not matter what form that takes.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Fuck him and eveyone that thinks that... all you gotta be to hang out on TYM is love MK.. casual, solo story player, competitive, pro... dose not make a lick of difference. You be you Nick. Gate Keeping elites can just fuck off to their lonely lives and leave the real MK fans to geek out in peace... not matter what form that takes.
Oh trust me, the fact that I am still here is my way of saying I don't give a flying fuck about his opinion in this particular matter.

But I admit it's funny to see members here act like elitists of their own private little club, then complain about this place not having a lot of folks. I mean, if you (you in general) treat people who come here like outsiders, this place won't fare any better than TRMK (which is now basically a cemetery).

I love MK and I love talking about it. That more than warrants a place here.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
(deep inhale)
I am not a competitive player and I am not well versed in technical fighting game terminology, so Medusa implied I have no place here because I implied some other guy did not have a place here for being a whiner/hater and that he should just go to gamefaqs (which is where Medusa implied I belong too).
lmao whyyyy
I'm a super casual player that lurk here since MKX and I don't even know how to combo right. I'm always here for story tidbits and gameplay showcase...
fvck this person who told u that

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
(deep inhale)
I am not a competitive player and I am not well versed in technical fighting game terminology, so Medusa implied I have no place here because I implied some other guy did not have a place here for being a whiner/hater and that he should just go to gamefaqs (which is where Medusa implied I belong too).
oh, I got ya.

BlissfulMedusa

Modern Woefare
Oh trust me, the fact that I am still here is my way of saying I don't give a flying fuck about his opinion in this particular matter.

But I admit it's funny to see members here act like elitists of their own private little club, then complain about this place not having a lot of folks. I mean, if you (you in general) treat people who come here like outsiders, this place won't fare any better than TRMK (which is now basically a cemetery).

I love MK and I love talking about it. That more than warrants a place here.
Use my name when speaking of me, peasant. I merely implied that you shouldn’t be telling people to go to Gamefaqs, when you yourself, don’t even know diddily about anything. Check your own elitist posts before coming for me and spreading a false narrative.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
@Nickolaidas why would you think about Hotaru, Onaga and those 2 guests?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/gundzs/_/fsjpcrr
And if Ashrah is in, doesn't it make the entire leak with Quan Chi, Kai, Deathstroke, John Wick true? Or is there another leak with Ashrah?
My personal guesses, more or less.

Havik because he's been namedropped at least five times in MK11 dialogues and had his assist removed.
Hotaru because Orderealm is namedropped in Shang Tsung's end and I have a gut feeling is going to play a part in Aftermath 2.0 which I want to believe is coming.
Onaga because he's been namedropped in MK11 intro dialogues with Baraka vs Sheeva and is said to have possessed Goro in this timeline.
Sareena and Asrah because they don't have assists and are a good bet for female MK characters.
Sektor because Sektor.
Mileena because MK Dragon.
Doomslayer and Shredder because I want them.

mattteo

Noob
There's like 5 different sheeva dialogues that namedrop onaga

Feels like more than just a one-off fanservice deal.

It's because they relate to a story that should have been printed as a comic.

I'm on the tabmok99 (the MK youtuber)'s discord where we are discussing a fun project, similar to the MK Encyclopedia. And i'd need more people to participate.
It's about what the writer of the last 2 games has said, that the second season of the comic would have had a plot about the resurrection of the Dragon King Onaga by Daegon etc.
https://player.fm/series/mortal-podkast/shawn-kittelsen-vs-nightwolf
Shawn Kittelsen talks about it her around the 45:40 minute

And that comic will never be made, so I'm trying to get it done as a fan project with my friends. Can you join me in the discord so you can read what it's all about and contribute to it as an artist?
It would be a fun experience, at least come check it out. Everyone is really nice there.

https://easyupload.io/kagemd - doc, but you should open it with Open Office to see the gifs, which is pretty important to the experience of understanding the scenes. If you open it with Word, it only shows images
It will not be fan-fiction, more like actual MK stuff that happened in between the comic that NRS has released in the new timeline and the actual MKX game story.

There was supposed to be a Season 2 of the comic, the writer spoke about general things that would have happened (Daegon would have tricked Goro and brought back Onaga in his body, like he was brought back in the original timeline in Reptile's body, Kenshi against Daegon, but we know from the MKX comics that remained unresolved, a more focus on Sub-Zero as a hero than in Season 1, with his race's ancient ability to fight/raise dragons in Outworld, of course Scorpion and Takeda also being there etc).

After these events should come the flashbacks we got in the game from 5 years ago: we had Sub-Zero and Scorpion having tea and making peace in Arctica's new Lin Kuei headquarters (with Frost there as she was last seen in the comic wanting to be trained by Sub-Zero). So technically Scorpion will find out about Quan Chi and his involvement in his family's death. Now, I can only suspect at this point, but what would Scorpion do? Surely his main path in Season 2 would have him use his powers (which he also used in Season 1 to travel to and from the Netherrealm) to try and find Quan Chi. And his whole messed up story in MKX and why he just did not let the SF handle Quan Chi and give them enough time to bring the Revenants back to life could make more sense if he's the one who actually knows Quan Chi is one step ahead of everyone.

Also in a flashback of MKX we had Takeda becoming “Chujin”, which is like the Shirai Ryu hero-term, after defeating Scorpion in a training and then Kenshi appears and he's like “No, you're not my father, I don't want to see you”, but then Hanzo Hasashi and Kenshi explain to him why he was “abandoned”, so this scene is also 5 years ago, but should probably be towards the end of the comic, cause Kenshi is going to go through some bad time being prisoner of Daegon, especially as he will not remember the Red Dragon Charred Mountain location until he discovers it with Takeda 5 years into the future in their MKX endings, so I think he will be killed by Onaga and resurrected the same way Onaga resurrected some heroes in Deception (which was eventually undone by Ermac and Liu Kang's spirit).

So, same would have happened to Kenshi- remember that “possessed” variation in MKX. I'm not saying the MKX flashback were very consistent, as the one with Kotal Kahn's coup had a time info of 5 years, so that should have been 15 (and they missed a 1) or even 20 years ago, but for the others I'm gonna give the game the benefit of the doubt. There was one more, with Kung Jin trying to steal from Raiden's Temple and eventually agreeing to join the heroes , so we should find Kung Jin by this point around Raiden (together with Fujin, maybe Kai and Shujinko, maybe even Sareena from her MKX appearance as one of them).

We know that by the end Onaga will somehow be stopped by the heroes, I don't want to give away too much now for the ones who have not heard the writer talking about it, but it will be an alliance trying to exorcise Goro and Quan Chi's plan of getting the Amulet from where the shaolin and the SF guard it involves a “psych bomb” that the Black Dragon team needs to recover from Dream Realm/Nightmare Realm (which we know from Tremor's ending), and Kano with Rain eventually crossing Quan Chi to take the Amulet to Milena and let her use it in the Civil War, which is where MKX will start.

apparently Goro will be exorcised by the heroes by the end and Onaga will be defeated, but he will be too injured. I was thinking of having the final battle in Outworld (cause it's Onaga's place of origin) and at the end Goro asking Raiden to teleport him to Shang's island, where he knew glory as a warrior.
And it ends with him dying on his chair. They Mike guy from the MK Encyclopedia spilled some beans on that ending here:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
The 3 dlc chars Sheeva, Robocop and Fujin will be separately released on the 16th this month.

Steam db pages
Sheeva: https://steamdb.info/app/1316181/
Fujin: https://steamdb.info/app/1316180/
Robocop: https://steamdb.info/app/1316182/

when you scroll down at the pages
Steam Release Date16 June 2020 – 17:00:00 UTC (15 days from now)
:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.