What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattteo

Noob
Another "leak" surfaced today, it's fake so no worries.

This thread is already too disorganized, and apparently the leak that started it has been debunked. We should have a new thread for leaks and speculation.

I don't know, guy delivered on all fronts. Multiple leaks claim the same thing, Mileena, Havik, Daegon, Qua Chi, Ashrah being or having been in the works.

I believe it. I wish I could ask him where exactly does the Havik-Daegon thing happen in story mode. Like, how does he know for sure that is a different ending than those 2 shown? It just seems random to know an ending is not real by reading bios. I am banned on gamefaqs though for the next 3 days or so :D , could anyone ask there?

And if Sektor and Kronika, whose endings thetiny talked about recently, are in the works? Thanks.

dvd games guy was actually right, no way someone would know that detail of Darrius and Hotaru. He is on gamefaqs. Seems to have gotten the MK movie right too, there is another thread which says much the same: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/78724774

I will gather all the leaks in one thread, I think some of that Waddles Leaker are true as well, he also said Havi, Daegon and a guest (but he said Michael Myers) are to be released during the year.
Just a heads up, apparently he was caught on Reddit editing his "leaks" after the fact. So posting whatever thing, Aftermath comes out, and he went back and filled in the details.

I find all leaks hard to believe though. Not a single one knew that we'd be getting 3 characters on the same day, and every message from Ed Boon and other NRS people confirmed that, in Boon's words, it was always the plan to "drop a content bomb" on people with Aftermath. There are quotes from people before even the game released that something like this was in the works, so all this nonsense about "NRS must have changed their plans" doesn't hold water with me. Unless datamines reveal stuff, or NRS announces stuff, I'm treating everything as a rumor at best.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I don't know, guy delivered on all fronts. Multiple leaks claim the same thing, Mileena, Havik, Daegon, Qua Chi, Ashrah being or having been in the works.

I believe it. I wish I could ask him where exactly does the Havik-Daegon thing happen in story mode. Like, how does he know for sure that is a different ending than those 2 shown? It just seems random to know an ending is not real by reading bios. I am banned on gamefaqs though for the next 3 days or so :D , could anyone ask there?

And if Sektor and Kronika, whose endings thetiny talked about recently, are in the works? Thanks.
I'm a bit confused at this point. I'll give the dvdgameguy the benefit of the doubt until June. I'm not exactly sure at this point which things were true or false in his leaks.
I think the leak from last year still has credit. Save for a few small details, it nailed almost everything. Including every DLC character released so far. Except Robocop.

The 4chan leak two days before Aftermath's release was full of bullshit but strangely it nailed the entire Sindel chapter almost entirely, including some smaller details.

The new leak that surfaced today is full of lies. It includes Pinhead and claims he is being played by Doug Bradley, which is very doubtful. If I'm not mistaken, Hellraiser is still under Dimension Film's control, the remake or TV series is developing extremely slow and it's unlikely that Doug Bradley would be brought back. Besides, I don't understand the appeal of Pinhead as a fighting game character when he barely fights and always has others doing his bidding.

This new leak also goes into details about future characters and releases. No proof, nothing.

---

What I think it's probably going on regarding some of these leaks, not all of them, is that people with real information are sharing only a portion of it while intentionally making up the rest with false information. Probably to avoid getting caught, dodging the NDAs and in the end prevent being identified by NRS or WB. So later it could be seen as a coincide or a lucky guess.

Maybe the leaker from last year did it with the DLC characters. People saw Sheeva, Joker, Sareena, Reiko and brush it off. "It's fake, no way these are the characters". Now some people are suspecting Sareena was Mileena all along.
Or the guy who posted the entire plot of Aftermath two days before release. How come almost everything is false, save for a few details here and there, but then the Sindel chapter is true.

Lucky guess! The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I need to edit the thread title.

Dvdgamescenter is NOT the same guy who made the March 2019 leak.

Edited the thread title and cleaned up some of the confusion in the OT.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
the original leak 100% called the choose your ending thing and how they turned out im pretty sure

That means somewhere, Rambo is getting his knives ready
He also said that Shang Tsung would trap past timeline scorpion, then backpedalled a few days before aftermath's release and said that Scorpion would just be defeated.
dvd games guy was actually right, no way someone would know that detail of Darrius and Hotaru. He is on gamefaqs. Seems to have gotten the MK movie right too, there is another thread which says much the same: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/78724774

I will gather all the leaks in one thread, I think some of that Waddles Leaker are true as well, he also said Havi, Daegon and a guest (but he said Michael Myers) are to be released during the year.
The Darrius Hotaru leak was first discovered via a hacking mod unlocker for the PC version ever since Spawn came out. A twitter buddy of mine who deals with that told me so. So the Darrius Hotaru banner was known to modders/hackers from the 17th of March, 2020.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
He also said that Shang Tsung would trap past timeline scorpion, then backpedalled a few days before aftermath's release and said that Scorpion would just be defeated.
Sure, but it doesn't mean he wasn't 100% correct about the choose your ending thing way before it was even an idea for anyone else. Plus basically detailing the whole void/outside time and space thing well before any details of that could be known.
Shang in a way was the death of scorpion, scorpion never got anymore screen time after shang showed up :eek:

I need to edit the thread title.

Dvdgamescenter is NOT the same guy who made the March 2019 leak.

Edited the thread title and cleaned up some of the confusion in the OT.
You should actually remove his name altogether and make this thread for "leaks" and discussion, because that dvd guy is a crazy psycho and a huge troll. I don't know why people believed him. I could create a thread of all the lies and bs he said about mk movie, mk story, mk dlc, mk movie SEQUEL and CAST FOR THE SEQUEL, how he was banned from MKLEaks and went to GAMEFAQS from all places and pretend he knows everything, creating long threads full of bs. But I won't do that because that's what he wants.

This community is so desperate to know what's to come - if even there's more - that even random casuals from my country are thinking RAMBO is coming. Where they heard that? I don't know... People just keep talking as it's true - like the 4chan story leak - and they don't even check the source and at the end is very hard to find - just like how pretty much 99% of the community believes that WE WILL NEVER SEE DLC CHARACTERS AS DLC AGAIN because Ed Boon said in an interview from MKX that it's "less likely" for them to repeat DLC... and ok, that's kinda obvious, but most people never watched that video and just repeat what other people said. It's annoying and confusing.

I'm sorry about this little rant, but when a friend came to me thinking Rambo was 100% in and I was like "that's how far a random guy without any proof, just obnoxious behaviour, lots of free time and, honestly, boderline psycho trolling in multiple forums around the internet can reach?"

Anyway, I think it's all fine and good talking about leaks and such, I really like to discuss, but I honestly think it's time for us to stop thinking we can believe any random guy from a random store from a random country that is so insistent with the LEAKS. And if they were true, WB would do something about almost imediatly.

Peace.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Sure, but it doesn't mean he wasn't 100% correct about the choose your ending thing way before it was even an idea for anyone else. Plus basically detailing the whole void/outside time and space thing well before any details of that could be known.
Shang in a way was the death of scorpion, scorpion never got anymore screen time after shang showed up :eek:
Really isn't a hard thing to predict. There were no details about either ending. Just "Good guys win" or "Shang becomes overlord"

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Really isn't a hard thing to predict. There were no details about either ending. Just "Good guys win" or "Shang becomes overlord"
Maybe, however it cannot be discounted he was still right in the end. That alone would sink or swim the whole shebang as its quite a large detail.

Maybe Rambo wasn't real before, but we are collectively willing him into reality now

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Thought.

If Taven wakes up early instead of Daegon, that turns the entire history of the Red Dragon/Black Dragon clans upside-down, since Daegon is the one who founded the Red, and the Red spawned the Black, so I am interested to see how that turns out. Taven was a bit of a naive cube, and Daegon's badassery was rooted in his rage of being woken up early, so I wonder how flipping their roles could affect their characters.

Also, Sektor coming back by himself makes sense if the Armageddon events are in fact happening again. On his Tekunin Warship, with Sonya on it. And in this timeline, probably Cassie and Johnny as well.

So... skimming through this thread again.. none of the leaks are true or credible?
Havik, Serena, Reiko, Takeda, Quan Chi, Daegon, Shinnok/Taven, guest?

He claims that Havik, Daegon and Rambo will be announced in June.

Personally, I don't see it happening because it'll be PR suicide for WB.
Why do you think it will be suicide? Also i started to believe that Havik will be saved for the next game. There are a lot of talks about chaosrealm and orderrealm so i think next game will have both realms

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Why do you think it will be suicide? Also i started to believe that Havik will be saved for the next game. There are a lot of talks about chaosrealm and orderrealm so i think next game will have both realms
Think about this, for a sec. WB announces an expansion which is a story add-on and just 3 characters for 40 bucks. Then, a month later they announce 3 more characters for ... 20 bucks? 30? Which means that, for 6 characters and an add-on, people are being asked to pay the base game's price again? Within two months? People will rightfully complain because WB could just as easily have the 3 latter characters as part of Aftermath, since they're released so close to each other.

If Havik, Daegon and Rambo are free for those who bought Aftermath, it makes no sense because by concealing that fact, WB sabotaged their own sales since people were hesitant to pre-order Aftermath because they thought it was overpriced. Wouldn't it help pre-orders if WB said, "6 characters, 3 now, 3 at a later date"? Also, people will complain because they now missed out on the Eternal Klash skins, since some of them would've pre-ordered if they thought Aftermath was 6 characters and not 3.

I smell clusterfuck, whichever case happens. I also think it's stupid of Boon to portray Aftermath as their probably last dlc for now, then, in the same month it is released, they announce three more characters. It doesn't make sense in any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.